Prison Architect Alpha 11

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
haltendehand
level0

Postby haltendehand » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Nice update. However, you seem to have horribly screwed up both the steam announcement and the announcement e-mail's title, as they both say Alpha 10 instead of Alpha 11 as they should.
MrHambanana
level0

Postby MrHambanana » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:16 am

The game runs much smoother for me thanks for the FIX! :D
VIPERGTSR01
level1
level1

Postby VIPERGTSR01 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:56 am

Sounds like a fantastic update . :D
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:30 am

haltendehand wrote:Nice update. However, you seem to have horribly screwed up both the steam announcement and the announcement e-mail's title, as they both say Alpha 10 instead of Alpha 11 as they should.

I don't use steam, but the announcement email I got said Alpha 11.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:33 am

VoiD88 wrote:
haltendehand wrote:Nice update. However, you seem to have horribly screwed up both the steam announcement and the announcement e-mail's title, as they both say Alpha 10 instead of Alpha 11 as they should.

I don't use steam, but the announcement email I got said Alpha 11.

I received two. The first had Alpha 10 in the subject.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Another great update :)
onihonker
level0

Postby onihonker » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:46 pm

doesn't crash as often anymore. Thanks for the fixes.
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 am

It's like IV took a break for 3 weeks and 5 days, then rushed on the last two days and called it Alpha 11.

Seriously, not much changed, not much has happened.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:58 am

laser50 wrote:It's like IV took a break for 3 weeks and 5 days, then rushed on the last two days and called it Alpha 11.

Are you stupid?Why you care about changes?How about perfomance,memory leaks?
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:05 pm

laser50 wrote:It's like IV took a break for 3 weeks and 5 days, then rushed on the last two days and called it Alpha 11.

Have a look at the change list. There's clearly been a lot of additions and improvements to the game.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 pm

MAdMaN wrote:

Have a look at the change list. There's clearly been a lot of additions and improvements to the game.

Not really...

* Performance improvements & memory leaks
Still exists, im currently down to 9fps but it can go as low as 3fps i restarted the game numerous times to just speed it up

* Land expansion
While its a new addition and sounds good, is going to cause more issues later game because other issues have not been addressed first.

* TimeLapse recording
Tested this out once and was fun, but... i'll stick to DX Tory for now as i can choose where the file records and the codec thats used when this is imprved i'll use it though...

* Intelligent toolbar highlights
Nice addition for new comers, could of also just had icons that lead to a new pane overlay

* Prisoners now count down their remaining sentence whilst in your jail.
Nice, but rushed as people have said prisoners have been trapped by staff areas and ive had one guy stuck on the toilet having to dismantle then re-install it (good job i was checking my cell block really) Also needs more information like how many prisoners are being released that 24hours and how long is 1 month in game time? I know its about 2hours per month but i keep forgetting to time it properly i think its about 2hours, 20-40mins.

* Guards assigned to a sector will no longer group together at the very centre of the sector.
This is a nice addition, still testing it out though need to load my other prison as that has more patrol routes split up.

* Hearses will now come to your prison to take away your dead bodies
Good for those with issues still needs fine tuning from what ive seen though, also why do they all driver the same way i thought roads were two way???

* Dirty clothes will no longer lead to riots
Meh, so where is the challenge in the game now? Would of been nice to see a fix other than "Disabled riots" though will admit since the people have not been clamping in the middle there seems to be less issues, though im still testing this out. I like multiple laundrys and laundry baskets being used and also segmented areas so you could limit workers to that cell block and even the jobs seems dafte that people from min sec are given a job in max security! lol

* Doctors/Paramedics will now prioritise Guards and Riot Police, and will not heal fighting/rioting prisoners
Never used them :/

*Clone, Lockdown etc...
Clone tool never used still have not
Lockdown this is great! Though there are still some sound issues that constantly loop..

Not much has been done imo, but then im not an experienced C coder maybe they would say differently, maybe someone else who has eperience in this language would say they done alot, then again maybe they wouldnt. Not judging i just personally dont think much has been done Seems more was added then fixed.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:11 pm

...long and bleating whinge *snipped*

Seems more was added then fixed

That's exactly what an alpha should do.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:19 pm

paktsardines wrote:
...long and bleating whinge *snipped*

Seems more was added then fixed

That's exactly what an alpha should do.

Like i said its my opinion i dont see how adding more issues is a good then when you could fix things have them working then add new things, to me people are just impatient and want new things all the time, starting to remind me of vista :/
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Xoligy wrote:Like i said its my opinion i dont see how adding more issues is a good then when you could fix things have them working then add new things, to me people are just impatient and want new things all the time, starting to remind me of vista :/

When I wrote my thesis, I spent a year and a half working with my advisor to generate some decent results. I then took a couple of months to write those results into a very rough draft of my thesis. After completing that draft, I spent another couple of weeks editing it up by pruning overly long sections, double checking the math, and fixing grammar and spelling errors. This approach parallels the approach that IV are taking with the development of Prison Architect.

The pre-alpha phase involved getting some code up and running, testing ideas, and getting a mental image of what the final product might look like. This is akin to the research phase of my writing. Nobody outside of IV saw any of the work, and there basically wasn't a product to show off (though I think they spun out a couple of demos for conventions and such). The current alpha phase is intended to get a "rough draft" of the game finished. A rough draft is not intended to be without bugs. Instead, it is intended to include all of the features that will make up the final game. Hence the current emphasis on getting new features into the code rather than on fixing bugs. The beta phase is the editing phase. That is when bugs will be fixed.

This approach to development has nothing to do with giving people what they want, and has nothing to do with the problems of Vista. You may not like this approach, but since you aren't the developer your opinion (as well as mine, as well as that of everyone else who comments on the forums) doesn't really matter. You can either accept that IV are going to emphasize new features rather than bug fixing, or you can move onto something else until the beta starts.

xander
MashOMatic
level0

Music in time laps

Postby MashOMatic » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:51 am

what's the music in the time laps, really like it.
Cool work guys, can't wait to download.

Return to “Introversion Blog”