Prison Architect alpha-3 released

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Gorhaax
level1
level1

Postby Gorhaax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:40 pm

how does one download the latest alpha? When i go to my download link from the email i just get the alpha 2. Is there a seperate email coming?
Gorhaax
level1
level1

Postby Gorhaax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:42 pm

nvm for some reason this update was morked as spam, and yet the second alpha wasn't. very strange
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:44 pm

AlphaBravo23
level0

Crash

Postby AlphaBravo23 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

I get the "prisonarchitect.exe has encountered a problem" message when I run the new build. Anybody else getting the same problem?
ronanc
level4
level4

Re: Crash

Postby ronanc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm

AlphaBravo23 wrote:I get the "prisonarchitect.exe has encountered a problem" message when I run the new build. Anybody else getting the same problem?

I think it's trying to autoload an alpha2 save game. Try deleting your preferences.txt file to remedy it.
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Lance_Lake wrote:1) Fog of war should take into account walls.

2) When the mouse cursor is hovering over the blocked line of sight, overlay some things. I.e. the fake heads when tunneling happens. This requires a guard to find it and you can't "Cheat" by scanning it yourself.

3) Guards should reveal like they were walking cameras. A cone effect depending on their facing. I don't see why a guard can reveal an area he just left.

About 3, nah, I like it this way. It's like... They have a visual radius, but can hear too, and even when they can't directly see something they can judge who is doing what from sound about what they saw a few seconds ago. I do think the fog should start to reappear quicker, though.
Pod
level1
level1

Postby Pod » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 pm

I shared Mark's excitment throughout the video.

For now I think no 'Line of sight' and simple circles (rather than some kind of direction facing cone) for the guards is absoultely fine though.

A guard watching too many cameras at once should be able to 'miss' things, though?
OscarFate
level0

Postby OscarFate » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Nicely done. Very much looking forward to this. Pleasant surprise to be greeted by when you return from work. :)
AlphaBravo23
level0

Postby AlphaBravo23 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:43 pm

ronanc wrote:
AlphaBravo23 wrote:I get the "prisonarchitect.exe has encountered a problem" message when I run the new build. Anybody else getting the same problem?

I think it's trying to autoload an alpha2 save game. Try deleting your preferences.txt file to remedy it.

Thanks ronanc but I tried deleting the preference.txt first and restarted the game to no effect then the saved games and eventually the whole Introversion folder but sitll the same message persists. Any ideas?
Citizen
level2
level2

Postby Citizen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Questions:

Metal Detectors improved

Does the facing of the metal detector matter? Miine only seem to beep when people enter from a certain direction. Also what indicates metal? A red light, alarm or what?

Holding Cells no longer count towards your prison's capacity. (And no longer affect intake of prisoners)

What is the purpose of holding cells now? I don't get prisoners until I have cells and holding cells don't count toward capacity. Are holding cells now only for continious intake?

Thanks
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 pm

AlphaBravo23 wrote:Thanks ronanc but I tried deleting the preference.txt first and restarted the game to no effect then the saved games and eventually the whole Introversion folder but sitll the same message persists. Any ideas?

Take a read of this:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... c.php?t=26

Then post a detailed description of your problem in a new thread in the dev forum - too much noise here.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 pm

Citizen wrote:Does the facing of the metal detector matter? Miine only seem to beep when people enter from a certain direction. Also what indicates metal? A red light, alarm or what?

Yes, I believe direction matters - the prisoners are meant to be walking under them. Yellow light/blip = nothing found. Red light/alarm = contraband detected and prisoner is flagged to be searched. Not sure if this is fully fleshed out yet, for instance you may need a guard stationed nearby when the red light/alarm activates.

Citizen wrote:Are holding cells now only for continious intake?

Yup, that seems to be the case.
awebster
level0

alpha 3, download from the wiki?

Postby awebster » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 am

ronanc wrote:Download it from the wiki:

http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/in ... ial_Builds

I'm having the same problem, which I'm sure is just something silly on my part. I must've missed an email or something. I purchased the $35 pack & originally downloaded the game from the email links that were sent.
Now I see alpha 3 is out, but I never created a username / password on devwiki.introversion.co.uk so I can't get alpha 3?
Does the wiki use the same login information as this forum?

thanks,
Andy
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 am

Register here with the key in the pdf you got when you bought the game:

http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarc ... ister.html
Reecer6
level0

Postby Reecer6 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:02 am

It seems everyone else knows this but me. Where are the prison files located? I feel there's an obvious "prison" file right in main.dat but I can't find it.

Return to “Introversion Blog”