Prison Architect alpha-3 released

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
smccuan
level1
level1

Postby smccuan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:17 am

SliZm wrote:I think that fog needs to be revealed by all (or most) staff, for example you should be able to see in the Warden's office when he is in there and suchlike.

I agree with this completely. It's annoying when you first start building your prison, and you have to mouseover to be able to see. Basically all staff members should lighten the fog -- perhaps with less of a "radius" than guards.
smccuan
level1
level1

Postby smccuan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:20 am

Reecer6 wrote:It seems everyone else knows this but me. Where are the prison files located? I feel there's an obvious "prison" file right in main.dat but I can't find it.

Are you on Windows or Mac?

Code: Select all

Mac: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Prison Architect/saves/

Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\saves

Reecer6
level0

Postby Reecer6 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:34 am

Ah, it wasn't even in the game at all. That's useful, I don't have to transfer files.
TheLogster
level0

Postby TheLogster » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Surly cooks, doctors, handymen, wardens, accountants should also be able to reveal through the fog, as they are "staff" ??
Swayzee19
level0

Alpha 3 not working

Postby Swayzee19 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Anybody eles having this problem. When i run the exe. a black screen comes up like usual and then it says "Prison Architect exe. not working"
Fou Lou
level0

Postby Fou Lou » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 pm

I got the same problem. Swayzee try deleting the stuff in your appdata folder (backup saved prisons and stuff). Just a few post up is the path to it postet. At least it worked for me.

There is even a Debug.log in the folder so have a look in it and try to find out whats causing the problem.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:22 am

Fou Lou wrote:I got the same problem. Swayzee try deleting the stuff in your appdata folder (backup saved prisons and stuff). Just a few post up is the path to it postet. At least it worked for me.

There is even a Debug.log in the folder so have a look in it and try to find out whats causing the problem.

You shouldn't need to delete all your prisons, but certainly delete your preferences.txt file. It's possible that your game is automatically trying to load in your last prison from Alpha2, which isn't backwards compatible in Alpha3.
obadonke
level0

Postby obadonke » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 am

madcow wrote:I'll have to play with it, but based on the screenshots, I kind of wish fog of war still allowed you to see interior walls of the prison. I like the idea of fog of war, but I still want to see all my architecture even if I can't see the prisoners!

Maybe it'll grow on me when I get the chance to actually test it out though.

I've only just joined the alpha program and seen the fog of war feature explained in the intro video but madcow sums up my initialy reaction completely based on other games I've played. Great concept but my bet is it would be more satisfying and doubt-inducing if fixed stuff like walls, floors and power stations stay visible in their "pristine" state. prisoners,other-movable things, fires/damage to static objects... all disappear in fog of war and hovering over the area doesn't lift it. Fog of war could be semi-transparent rather than fully opaque so you can still the pristine walls etc. through it.

Also, agree with the comment that all employees should have some ability to clear fog of war, not just guards. perhaps a much reduced capacity since they are not trained to be observant.

Anyway, that's first thoughts. Looking forward to getting further into this game. :)
Swayzee19
level0

Postby Swayzee19 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:50 am

koshensky wrote:
Fou Lou wrote:I got the same problem. Swayzee try deleting the stuff in your appdata folder (backup saved prisons and stuff). Just a few post up is the path to it postet. At least it worked for me.

You shouldn't need to delete all your prisons, but certainly delete your preferences.txt file. It's possible that your game is automatically trying to load in your last prison from Alpha2, which isn't backwards compatible in Alpha3.

Finally got it working, all i had to do was update the drivers. Thanks for all the suggestion though, appreciate it.
zagan
level0

Postby zagan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:28 am

So where do you post up about bug problems.

Because in Alpha 2 release you have a bug

if you have prisoners that are injured and sent to the medic

They will get fixed up but if there are lots of them they will be brought in and maybe fight

Once they have been healed the gaurds will not take them to a cell or search them or touch them again the game still logs them though.

All these people will have their complain bars at full/max yet never fight or leave the medic and the game just leaves them in the medic forever.

I've left the game in this state for about 5 hours straight and still get new prisoners but all the old ones are stuck at the medic so no cells are ever free, as I had keep sending people in.

I ended up with about 65 prisoners in a 35 person prison with 6 sitting in a holding cell and the rest sitting in the medic.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 am

Looking forward to playing this on my Linux machine
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
johrav
level0

Postby johrav » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Also agree with the fog of war beeing cleared by employees.

When i start a prison i find it annoying that i can't see well what i'm building.
Nixiam
level1
level1

Postby Nixiam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:22 pm

jon wrote:Looking forward to playing this on my Linux machine

You can, I play it only on linux.
Tested on ubuntu and mint distro under wine, not even a single crash. ;)
niweno
level0

SPAM

Postby niweno » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 am

<snip>
Citizen
level2
level2

Re: SPAM

Postby Citizen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 pm

niweno wrote:[Please don't quote spam. -- Your friendly neighbourhood admin.]

Is that a spam bot? The only thing I understand is "sexy short negro" (1950's flashbacks) and Calvin Klein.

Return to “Introversion Blog”