Prison Architect : Revealed!

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 am

martin wrote:
Feud wrote:I'm interested in the Dwarf Fortress influences, I remember it being mentioned earlier and I'm excited to see how that works.

From what I know of Dwarf fortress, presumably we need to keep the prisoners well supplied with alcohol while making sure their escape attempts don't dig down into hell?

The video made it look like a male only prison/game which could make the Dwarf Fortress spore system of breeding.... um... interesting... :?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:43 pm

What could be interesting is if there is a mode where the influx of prisoners (x per y time frame?) never stops. That way you're constantly having to build and expand, but do so within budget.

Don't expand fast enough? The prison overcrowds and you risk riots, damage, or an overload of the utilities. But if you expand willy nilly you might spend too much money, and then you can't afford to pay for your guards or to keep the electricity running.

Having not played any of the Tycoon games though, I'm still curious how the gameplay here differs.
J Chastain
level0

Postby J Chastain » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Please tell me that this is about the prison-industrial complex.

I need a little system pane for managing the amount of cash I dump onto legislators who'll push mandatory minimum sentencing bills.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Xocrates wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:Still curious about the other 4 Polaroids. ;

Same.

Red herrings?
Still wondering about this too... We have sightings of two "1 of 4" polaroids that remain confusing...

Also the '1.6rc3' version of Uplink (does that mean it's different in any way other than the added support program...)
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
tarasis
level0

Postby tarasis » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 am

Not typically a fan of this sort of game (I tend not to do well at them), so may end up passing on it. The premise and look of Subversion appealed to me more.
Barbariandude
level0

Linux Version

Postby Barbariandude » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:54 pm

I want this game, it looks so awesome, especially as I grew up in awe of dungeon keeper 2 and played it to destruction, and have made quite a few attempts to wrap my head around the staggering complexity of dwarf fortress.

However, I run Ubuntu, and use Desura for game purchases. Please tell me you're considering releasing it for us humble linux users :) I beg of you!
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Preview video looks good - Love the fact that you have to build stuff from ground up instead of magically appearing.

Couple of thoughts:

1. Multiple floors or just one floor layout?
2. Are the builders at risk while walking around the prison building stuff? Can't imagine it being very safe having lots of (power)tools in a prison complex. Will the builders need security guards and "deadzones" to keep the inmates at bay?
3. Sandbox or storydriven? Will we have scenarios such as "endless mode" where prisoners just pile up endlessly?
4. Defenses? Will inmates try and break free? Do you have to think about big walls, barbwire fences and landmines? :twisted:

I am stoked - It isn't Subversion (whose graphical design I absolutely adore), but I love building games like Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper (Anything Bullfrog/Sierra really) games. :D

On a more serious note - preorders? Any timeframe for these, or plans at all? I'd love to pledge a purchase even if the game takes another year to complete. :)
quickdan
level1
level1

Postby quickdan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 am

Maybe this is where the Subversion criminals went after they robbed those banks.

With the little snippet of video there are many different ways this game could play out. I'm excited.
If there were only two games to play in the world, I would choose a text editor and a good C compiler.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Indeed it's looking very nice. Quite looking forward to seeing it.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Frell Pumpkin
level0

Postby Frell Pumpkin » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Looks like an awesome tycoon with an interesting setting, i'm looking really forward to it. Is there any date when it's going to be released (Beta stadium like Minecraft, not final releasedate). Most publications were pretty enthusiastic about the current progress of the game and how good/smooth it felt playing. I can't wait to lay hands on it and i like your approach to actively include feedback from early players! I volunteer to test it on Win 7/Mac OS 10.7 :-)

All the best,
Frell Pumpkin
svack
level1
level1

Postby svack » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:32 pm

This looks awesome! first thing I though of when I saw it was Theme Hospital :p
Discuzting
level0

Postby Discuzting » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Seem Nice, gotta buy it later.
Norton
level1
level1

Postby Norton » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Looking very forward towards this game, where do i put my credit card? :)
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:48 am

Yeah, I'm stoked too. I've always wanted to learn Dwarf Fortress, but have never had the patience. I respect those that disagree, but I wish so bad that Bay 12 would do an overhaul on the graphics and interface and make them intuitive. I wish they'd smooth out the learning curve a bit. My hope is that Prison Architect is an answer to that. It seems to be the same sort of concept.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:22 pm

wwarnick wrote:Yeah, I'm stoked too. I've always wanted to learn Dwarf Fortress, but have never had the patience. I respect those that disagree, but I wish so bad that Bay 12 would do an overhaul on the graphics and interface and make them intuitive. I wish they'd smooth out the learning curve a bit. My hope is that Prison Architect is an answer to that. It seems to be the same sort of concept.

Could not agree more! Except.. FUCK those silly twats that disagree with it.
Cuz fuck logic

Return to “Introversion Blog”