The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:23 pm

xander wrote:
celina28 wrote:--==<snip>==--

mahjong

Are you a spambot? Or just really good at writing posts that look like spam?

xander

Google search says spambot. Same username and content can be found on another forum with the addition of a link to play mahjong.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:47 pm

In that case, off the watchlist it goes.
decouk
level0

Postby decouk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 am

the magic formula is the same since the mythology was invented ... the dream world always has some aspects of the real world.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:27 am

Was wondering what became of IV...

I have to confess I wasn't enthused about Subversion and Prison Architect doesn't do much for me either. Seeing the tools that IV was coming up with (auto-city generation) I thought it would be a nice randomizer for something awe-inspiring and city-spanning. That went nowhere it seems, since Subversion's only concerned with one building.

It is interesting to see IV take inspiration from Yahtzee's Escapist videos though- that's the first thought that struck my mind when I saw the previews for the new game.
TrueWOPR
level0

Re: The Next Game

Postby TrueWOPR » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:25 pm

Registered just to comment

Been a fan for quite awhile, still messing around with uplink, and still playing Defcon with friends.

I'll admit, makes me a bit sad to know that Subversion is going away for awhile, but all the more hype when it comes back you know? Besides a new game sounds really interesting and I'm looking very forward to it.

I'm just glad you guys (and your great works) have a really awesome fanbase, if anyone else said something like this they'd get flack for YEARS before anyone shut up about it...

I do want to say one last thing before I go though...

Without a core game it’s all a worthless distraction, and I will NEVER again spend so long making tech for a game without having a solid core game in place first.

...you should tell that to Notch, maybe he'll learn something.
lilbomberguy
level0

Postby lilbomberguy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:13 am

new old member::

it warms the cockels of my heart (where ever that is) that this game is going back to the basics for a core game rewrite. i was afraid this was going to turn into a GTA meets leverage or whatever the british (original) version is.. hopefully this means less shoot-em-up and more style.. anyone one can use a gun. (hmm now i want to watch sneakers again)

cut the flash (overhead is great for me) and have endless (seemingly) substance... it's McDonalds!! (= im loving it)
maybe throw in a clever story line as to Why and bing bang boom..

keep up the great work!! love you guys. the LAST true pioneers of GREAT simple games..
Major Isoor
level0

Postby Major Isoor » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Hey there, new old-time fan here! (Geez, I'm kinda regretting not registering all those years ago, when I first started playing DEFCON and Uplink...)

Just thought I'd chime in to say that I'm sad to see that Subversion's been canned for the time being, as I've been regularly checking the site for news on Subversion's progress for a couple of years now, since I found its theme very interesting and something that I'd no doubt enjoy. Although, I am happy to see that it's for the greater good, as the Introversion team seem to be rethinking it a little, and aren't afraid to take their game back to the drawing board! (Always good to see devs not being to afraid to do so!) Anyway, I saw the trailer for Prison Architect a while back, but haven't seen anything else on it. So, I'm just wondering what its progress is; will it get done this half of the year, or by Christmas if we're lucky?

Guess it's time for me to search the boards for answers too, with my new found official member powers :wink:

EDIT: Oh also, so how come PA doesn't have its own forum yet? Too early, or? Also whats the liklihood of PA being available on Steam at release? Since that would definitely make things more convinient for me (yeah yeah I know; I'm a Steam addict!)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Major Isoor wrote:Also whats the liklihood of PA being available on Steam at release?
Almost a certainty, extrapolating from DEFCON and Multiwinia.
RonanZer0
level1
level1

Postby RonanZer0 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:18 am

It's Called Prison Architect
Want to learn HTML? Well, i know it but im not gonna tell you >:) Hehehe, I love making maps for darwinia.
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 am

The new game called Prison Architect is out with Alpha 15...and coming is Alpha 16
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:29 am

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:The new game called Prison Architect is out with Alpha 15...and coming is Alpha 16

Yes, we should (hopefully) know by now. Although I would say that we should have alpha finished in hmmm. 7-13 more?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:53 pm

111none wrote:
JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:The new game called Prison Architect is out with Alpha 15...and coming is Alpha 16

Yes, we should (hopefully) know by now. Although I would say that we should have alpha finished in hmmm. 7-13 more?

Maybe until the major and most features that members want such as Multi-floor, watch tower, armed guards and a lot more, then the game will finish its alpha and may enter beta. But still long time to go. Still, lack of female prisoners, lack of guard's models such as Thin guard, thin female guard and a lot more. As well as administrators.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:19 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
111none wrote:

Maybe until the major and most features that members want such as Multi-floor, watch tower, armed guards and a lot more, then the game will finish its alpha and may enter beta. But still long time to go. Still, lack of female prisoners, lack of guard's models such as Thin guard, thin female guard and a lot more. As well as administrators.

Chris has stated several times that muti-story will not be featured.
I repeat: Not
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Multi-story? Co-op campaign?

I said multi-floor...Even if it wont be added, there is still a long time to go. in 2-3 years it will enter beta IF the game gets what it must have.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:17 pm

111none wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:

Chris has stated several times that muti-story will not be featured.
I repeat: Not

Not so quick, Mark visited a prison in Dublin which had multiple stories and posted a picture on facebook saying it sure made him consider whether Prison Architect should feature multiple stories. Plus the game won't be finished for quite a while and thoughts might change.

Return to “Introversion Blog”