The Next Game

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Gemberkoekje
level1
level1

Postby Gemberkoekje » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Prison Architect is gonna be awesome.

I know cause I saw a screenshot.

GIVE US MORE SCREENSHOTS! A VIDEO! THE POPULACE DEMANDS IT! BRAINS! MY PRECIOUS!

I'll crawl back in my hole now.
Seitaro
level2
level2

Postby Seitaro » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Gemberkoekje wrote:BRAINS! MY PRECIOUS!
What we're all thinking.
Turn on, tune in, drop out.
Clive At Five
level1
level1

Postby Clive At Five » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:57 pm

I know you're a small crew......... but can I humbly suggest investing in a game designer who only concentrates on gameplay and not on code? You guys need a Dustin Browder to keep your eyes fixed on the prize.
Procedural
level0

Postby Procedural » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:55 am

I'll pay twice as much, if the next game bundle will have Subversion in it...
Gemberkoekje
level1
level1

Postby Gemberkoekje » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Need... my... video... fix.....

Can't... live... much... (gawd typing with ...'s is annoying) longer... without... Prison... Architect...

... I'm impatient. Slightly scary, cause usually when I get impatient for a game, it ends up being a dissapointment (for example, I waited over a year for Spore, well, we all know where that ended...)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:52 pm

On the bright side, Introversion stopped with their equivalent of Spore long before the public got to realise how shallow it was.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:55 pm

Spore was an awesome video game. That is all it was, but that was all it needed to be.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:03 pm

I really liked the tribal stage. The next stage was still a little fun, but I quit the game out of lack of interest right after I reached the space stage. SO BORING.
Gemberkoekje
level1
level1

Postby Gemberkoekje » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 am

It just degraded from absolutely awesome (until indeed about the tribal age) up to barely mediocre/boring afterwards. A shame.

BUT NO SUCH THING FOR PRISON ARCHITECT.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:59 am

Gemberkoekje wrote:It just degraded from absolutely awesome (until indeed about the tribal age) up to barely mediocre/boring afterwards.

Civilization and Space age were not worse than the previous ones. And I definately wouldn't call the pre-tribal phases awesome.

I can understand the dislike for the Space age simply because it's almost a different game, but personally civilization is my favourite.
kattle87
level1
level1

Postby kattle87 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:46 am

Just wanted to say: from now on, anyone saying "no news is good news" again shall be destroyed by my mighty mind powers.
No news is no good news, and this proves that if they went silent, it's probably because they were experiencing "serious problems".
On the other end, the news we got is good news, it's a sort of "things are getting good even if you didn't knew they were actually bad!"

I honestly don't care about what game I'll be playing from introversion - they are just awesome, all of them. But some time has passed since I had something fresh on my hands, and the only letdown about subversion being suspended is that I fear I'll need to wait some more for my wishes (playing a new IV game) to come true.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:45 pm

kattle87 wrote: this proves that if they went silent, it's probably because they were experiencing "serious problems".

Chris very specifically said in the past that they were going to stop updating us on Subversion development, looking back at it now makes it pretty obvious that they had shifted work into Prison Architect, but the "no news is good news" sentiment came directly from the fact that they told us there weren't going to be news.
kattle87
level1
level1

Postby kattle87 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:00 pm

I know, I had been lurking around the forums and the blog a lot, even if I barely posted anything :)
But still, I don't want to hear "no news is good news" anymore in my life!
[OT]That catch phrase _always_ bugged me... I hear it so many times, and every time it is bringer of doom. Anyone know what happened to the Pandora handheld? Well, those forums were filled with "don't worry if devs don't speak, they are just busy! No news is good news". Needless to say, one should have worried a lot.[/OT]
dreamer84
level0

Re: The Next Game

Postby dreamer84 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:47 am

Chris wrote:I went old-school and bought a blank notebook, the first time I’ve used one since Uplink, and spent most of the ten hour flight home writing it all down. Those first 10 pages written on that flight are the design bible that we still stick to today.

And like that, the decision that should have been incredibly difficult was made. We don’t have the manpower to do multiple projects, so it was one game or the other, and I had no trouble convincing Mark and Tom which way I wanted to go.

Welcome back to bedroom programming! I'm certain that was the right decision, I'm looking forward for Prison Architect then
Snall
level1
level1

Postby Snall » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 pm

...and this is why I want to win the lottery...

Return to “Introversion Blog”