It's all in your head, Part 18

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:Chris - Any chance of air vents? Everyone loves air vents.

You know, this is something that frustrates me. In reality, most places wouldn't be sufficient in many ways to allow an adult to traverse very far. There's dampers, fire dampers, the way the duct is held up would probably not hold a persons weight very long (especially if it was a union job :P ), not to mention the sizes would be extremely limiting, etc, etc, etc.

Pffft, spoil sport. :(
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Well, I can suspend my disbelief for aliens, giant conglomerates engaging in deadly spy-counterspy activities, and even fake mustaches, but not crawling through the duct work for more than a few feet. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:

You know, this is something that frustrates me. In reality, most places wouldn't be sufficient in many ways to allow an adult to traverse very far. There's dampers, fire dampers, the way the duct is held up would probably not hold a persons weight very long (especially if it was a union job :P ), not to mention the sizes would be extremely limiting, etc, etc, etc.

This reminds me, can we expect to see random wooden crates placed haphazardly throughout the game?

Seriously, I would love to see them if only has a rather subtle joke.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Xocrates wrote:This reminds me, can we expect to see random empty office printer paper boxes placed haphazardly throughout the game?

Fix'd
Artman40
level1
level1

Postby Artman40 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 pm

I assume that is will have something to do with roguelike genre.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Re: It's all in your head, Part 18

Postby GreenRock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:41 am

Chris wrote:The people are the biggest challenge, one which we haven't nailed yet - the Pacmen in these shots are definitely placeholder material.

Thats what they said about the Darwinians :)

This is going to be my first BETA >_>

*excitment*
xander
level5
level5

Re: It's all in your head, Part 18

Postby xander » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:39 am

Chris wrote:...the Pacmen in these shots are definitely placeholder material.

Just like the little green stickmen in Darwinia? :P

xander
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:49 am

Even though they said the tv version, I can't help but get reminded of Voight's character in the first Mission Impossible movie, watching the whole thing play out via remote location, or the operators on the Matrix watching and directing things from above (I'd mentioned I'd like something like that out of Subversion earlier, it's not quite the same but close enough to get me excited!).

I'm curious to what degree the SGs (Subversion guys, just running with the trend) will be autonomous. Will it be like Darwinia where you're giving orders to them and then watching them try to follow them, controlling them directly for them to do anything aside from reacting to immediate stuff, or a mix?

Also, if it's orders, if orders can be stacked and set to triggers, either from a pause menu or in real time. That way you could design large chunks of the mission, set it all in motion (SG1 go here and wait for 2:00, SG2 go here and unlock door for SG1 at 1:50 and re-lock at 2:10), then watch it unfold like a play, and just fight fires as needed.

Oh, lots of fun potential!

Air vents blow. :P [size=0]I actually like the idea.[/size]
btiv4
level0

Synergy

Postby btiv4 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:59 am

I really hope you guys make full use of the city generation algorithms. For many businesses that don't advertise in the yellow pages a substantial portion of their security can be invested in keeping their sensitive sites obscure.

I would be incredibly pleased if you also focused on moving/movable targets. Concurrent missions would be awesome too, as would an intelligence/information market of one sort or another.

Chiefly, though, with the vast potential of this game I hope you program it with the intention of being able to expand on its features in the future. I'd buy a mod pack or five if they substantially added content to the huge sandbox you've created.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 am

There's a distinct lack of dead frog in the screenshots. Unless of course were not seeing the player interface. I should hope this be remedied or at least and option. It isn't proper espionage without a post-modern dead frog background.
Last edited by vanarbulax on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nutter
level3
level3

Postby Nutter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:27 am

Feud wrote:Also, if it's orders, if orders can be stacked and set to triggers, either from a pause menu or in real time. That way you could design large chunks of the mission, set it all in motion (SG1 go here and wait for 2:00, SG2 go here and unlock door for SG1 at 1:50 and re-lock at 2:10), then watch it unfold like a play, and just fight fires as needed.

For some reason I thought about The Sting! when you wrote that. Basically you plan a heist and what your men do, givin that you're planning it in your head you can at anytime rewind time and give them different orders if they get caught. I think they made it freeware some years ago.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:39 am

Nevermind this post, I fail.
Miral
level0

Postby Miral » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 am

(Long time lurker, seldom poster.)

Woo! This sounds like exactly the sort of game I thought it would be, and that I've been looking forward to ever since playing Uplink (and hacking into the Uplink 2.0 server ;) ).

Hopefully the beta offer they ran on Xfire a long while back is still good (and that I made it into the list!)... :)

(Also, I just replayed Spycraft a couple of days ago, which really got me into the mood for this sort of thing.)
shahar2k
level0

Postby shahar2k » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 am

This game seems absolutely fantastic, I absolutely loved darwinia, and uplink. cant wait to play this

another question though is what is this Monaco game you mention, it's extremely hard to search for because the name brings up so many unrelated results so I thought you might enlighten.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Return to “Introversion Blog”