It's all in your head, Part 18

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
_human_
level1
level1

Postby _human_ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 pm

I found out about Supervision a few days ago and it's awesome that developers have unveiled the core gameplay of it recently. :)
But I still wonder why it was necessary to create so complicated city generator. Does it mean that every gamer will have its unique city with unique ways of accomplishing mission? If so, Subersion is going to be one of the most replayable game ever.
Taedal
level2
level2

Postby Taedal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Great to get so much info about this project. Looks great just what I was hoping for. It's not clear whether this will be integrated into the wider city procedural gen. and if there will be mulitple buiding targets, but seem like there's scope lets hope so.
banishingact
level0

Postby banishingact » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 am

I'm pretty stoked for Subversion ! Game sounds quite fascinating. It turns out my guesses about the game back in jan '09 were pretty close to what the game turned out to be ( http://www.neoseeker.com/news/9608-intr ... ubversion/ ) which pleases me greatly.

I really hope the adapt a sort of Uplink-type computer hacking game into Subversion. They have that whole engine there just waiting to be plugged into Subversion, and if they combined the real-world engine with the hacking engine...well damn, the game would just be too cool. I think it would it would have a good chance of being a classic.

Good luck with the game, guys... can't wait 'til you are done !
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:58 am

_human_ wrote:(...) Supervision (...)

No, Supervision is the anti-Subversion, where you control the building supervisor.

:P

Also, yay! :)
bistromathics
level0

Postby bistromathics » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:29 am

you had me at "spiritual sequel to [uplink]"!
NinjaN
level1
level1

Postby NinjaN » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:00 pm

WOOHOO, where do I sign for participating in the Beta?
Can I order / pay yet?

Subversion sounds better with every bit of information we get!

Things I'd like to know:
  • Will there be multiplayer? Something like "Player 1 designs his own office with a given budget, Player 2 tries to rob it"
  • Will there be a "Mission Editor" at all? Exchanging custom-designed Missions for other people to play sounds great, right?
  • Will we still be able to craft new game objects? In earlier blog entries this was definitely possible...

I know nobody except IV themselves knows at the moment, so let's just discuss.

Cheers, NinjaN
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:44 pm

NinjaN wrote:...

To sum up, all your questions are basically what everyone else is asking, but as for the mission editor you describe I think it is highly probable that we (players) have a large hand in the creation of the world and its contens because of all the procedural stuff we have been seeing as sell as Chris' talks earlier about world editors. Also I don't think even IV fully knows what is going on in this game yet.
UsF
level1
level1

Postby UsF » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Wow I got to get my hands on a beta of this. Even the placeholders look fine, but I guess that has to do with playing Introversion games a lot. Gameplay matters and a clear representation is important.

Include the exteriors for gameplay. Have vans with high tech equipment park in front of the building, its cliche and a good way to get intel.
Have you hack systems from the outside, if the internal network security structure allows you to do so.
Allow different entries in the building, movie-like paradrops on the roof, windowcleaner-like entries in empty rooms or through the front door with false ID cards etc.
Clive At Five
level1
level1

Postby Clive At Five » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Wowwwww......... Dying for a video.

You already have my $50 for this game...
Whitter
level0

Postby Whitter » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Good works guys, yet again.

Reminds me of a childhood fav...The Clue! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clue! (the ! is part of the url...silly forum :P)
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:56 pm

This has prompted me to fire up my old installation of Uplink.

Looks like it might play something like a high-tech version of the commandos games? In which case, colour me intrigued.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Whitter wrote:Good works guys, yet again.

Reminds me of a childhood fav...The Clue! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clue! (the ! is part of the url...silly forum :P)
fix'd

edit: ....wtf
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Fail.

xander
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:03 pm

NeatNit wrote:
Whitter wrote:Good works guys, yet again.

fix'd

edit: ....wtf

Fix'd
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Ooookk... What the hell did I do wrong? I compared your quote with mine, no difference. As far as I can see, at least...

Return to “Introversion Blog”