It's all in your head, Part 13

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:10 pm

After "It's all in your head 12" got bumped, I thought this was a new one!

DISAPPOINTMENT!
Galo
level0

Postby Galo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:07 pm

this is sick man,... :roll:
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Galo wrote:this is sick man,... :roll:

Then take him to the doctor.
Taedal
level2
level2

Postby Taedal » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:17 pm

I missed this. Wow. So much potential here. I guess now as othesr have that Subversion will be a kind of hacking/infiltration/mission impossible with corporate espionage style game wher the player plans heists? If you have a body or you play from a detached hackers view i'm not sure. Will be people in the game? I would not be too suprised at a symboilic representatin of people perhaps even along darwinian lines. To go to the physical detail of an opening door and all the examples mentioned implies there must be other physical entites for the door to open for else why hack it/damage it so it can open... How do you decide on targets? Presumeably procedural generatin will cover this. It seems it would be immensily flexible and once you have this simluated city down toi this detail there could surely be numerous game designs built around it from FPS to RTS to the afore mentioned infiltration style play. It does look really fascinating and these blogs are great. I'm really suprised by how quickly it is coming along.

So - i'm guessing not multiplayer because if cities are procedurally generated then sharing the data for a whole city across clients would be tricky...?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:21 pm

Taedal wrote:So - i'm guessing not multiplayer because if cities are procedurally generated then sharing the data for a whole city across clients would be tricky...?

Why? The clients would only have to share a seed. The same seed should generate the same landscape.

xander

EDIT: Screw you, Jelco, and your dark ninja arts.
Taedal
level2
level2

Postby Taedal » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Good point both - hadn't thought of that aspect.... would be nice if it supported mp too then - i wonder if the idea fits with the gameplay which we are still speculating at..
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:51 am

Multiplayer is certainly feasible technically, but we can't really predict until we have some idea about gameplay... what would be fun for me is some sort of multiplayer game in which each player has a goal to achieve while attempting to block those of the other players, where the one method of interaction is to edit the script of one of those control boxes. Call it LUAwars.
Somehow, though, I doubt that'll be it. :P
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:53 am

Also, if memory serves, somewhere Chris said that Subversion would be single-player oriented, in response to a question about the 'trend' seen in Defcon and Multiwinia. That doesn't mean that there can't be a multiplayer component, of course.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch

Return to “Introversion Blog”