It's all in your head, Part 12

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:04 pm

xander wrote:My jaw just hit the floor. That is amazing. I don't suppose anyone wants to buy me a new computer so that I can actually play this thing when it comes out? ;)

xander

Start a compaign for people to donate money for a new computer for you and see just how much these forums love you? ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 pm

That is very impressive. I'm *very* glad I'm getting a new shiny multi-core beast in the new year ;)

martin wrote:Most impressive. I'm wondering how moddable that geometry generator system will be? can we add our own scripts to generate sub geometry?
I have a feeling that's going to play a part in the game. :)
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:04 pm

xander wrote:My jaw just hit the floor. That is amazing. I don't suppose anyone wants to buy me a new computer so that I can actually play this thing when it comes out? ;)

xander

Hell no. I'm going to need to buy myself one first.

I only wish we could have Q + A sessions with Chris. :(
I'd really love to get to know more about this project.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 am

Looks spectacular. Simcity?
KingAl
level5
level5

Re: It's all in your head, Part 12

Postby KingAl » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:29 am

xyzyxx wrote:
Chris wrote:we also did the Chronometer project,
What? Was it finished? Scrapped? Are you releasing it soon? What?

Presenting a prototype of some kind to Channel 4, I guess?

And, very cool :D
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:50 am

Whoa. I don't see the game yet, but the toy is very apparent, and very compelling. Do Want.

Incredibly impressive simply from a technical/design perspective, too - with a system that cohesive across all levels, I can only imagine what's possible... the fractalness is fractaly.

Very much looking forward to seeing the game this becomes. :D
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:45 am

Varsity wrote:Confirmed: Subversion is not about streets!

This :D
Xeon06
level1
level1

Postby Xeon06 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:46 am

When I saw on my feed reader "It's all in your head, part 12" my heart skipped a beat. I am so excited about this man, you can't believe it. I have been working on my on city generator after first seeing this, and I might be working on a game inspired by just a few videos of your awesome work. Keep it up man, you're doing an incredible job.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:02 am

Xeon06 wrote:When I saw on my feed reader "It's all in your head, part 12" my heart skipped a beat. I am so excited about this man, you can't believe it. I have been working on my on city generator after first seeing this, and I might be working on a game inspired by just a few videos of your awesome work. Keep it up man, you're doing an incredible job.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS.

Let us know how yours works out.
kawsper
level1
level1

Postby kawsper » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:44 am

I guess that it is a simulation of darwinians running around in an autogenerated city, hacking bunkers, to fire nukes at the hostile parts of the city.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:28 am

shinygerbil wrote:That is very impressive. I'm *very* glad I'm getting a new shiny multi-core beast in the new year ;)

martin wrote:Most impressive. I'm wondering how moddable that geometry generator system will be? can we add our own scripts to generate sub geometry?
I have a feeling that's going to play a part in the game. :)

Me to, that system just looks way to moddable not to be. Although, I would imagine it depends on how fast a script is to execute, I assume they're slower to run than internal code - so too many scripts might kill the generator.
I would be rather cool to write scripts to generate lots of little details about the world though, imagine how much would get done with the IV modding community scripting away! :D
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
RagingLion
level1
level1

Postby RagingLion » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:59 pm

Wow, It looks awesome. I don't understand all of the really techy stuff but it looks like you've got a system with a really good framework now for moving forward; seeing how you can add as much detail as you want into the city is an amazing thought. Yes, other games have created amazing immersive cities but you could create as many as you wanted since it's all done procedurally - very cool.

Keep up the great work. All the updates are most welcome.
Jaenis
level0

Postby Jaenis » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:08 am

Looks like Interior mapping could be used in here. It seems to be fast way for rendering buildings, so it could be used for surrounding buildings maybe.

Just my 2 cents
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:02 am

I dunno, that's more about faking interiors in games atttempting to be photorealistic - doubt it'd be useful in Subversion, which is faking nothing and certainly not going for a realistic look.
Artman40
level1
level1

Postby Artman40 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:10 am

"The gameplay possibilities would certainly be endless!"

I wonder, if modifying the engine, would it be possible to generate new content on one end and destroy that content on the other end of the map, thus generating an endless tape of content?

Ah actually scratch that! We'll be seeing what content can this test engine do first.

Return to “Introversion Blog”