It's all in your head, Part 12

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Yuin
level0

Postby Yuin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:07 am

*points at the pictures* DO WANT!! lol in all seriousness i know so many people who would love to use this in a game just pop in their own codes to make sci fi, medieval or steam punk cities. and than export them i would love that. i know several other people who would pay a pretty penny (i know i would) for this even if it was a game!

Yuin
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:43 pm

The game wasn't called red revolution like I said before it's actually called Republic: The Revolution. And coming more to mind and watching this vid: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/rep ... deo-review it really sounds like the engine of subversion right now could be perefectly made for this and also the gameplay :), atleast I hope so.
RagingLion
level1
level1

Postby RagingLion » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:57 pm

It's weird that you mention reading that article about what turned out to be Republic, Cyan. I think I read that same article, or one very similar - it was probably 8-10 years ago in maybe a PC Zone magazine. It also had quite an affect on me at the time. Some of the key things they were boasting of being in the game at the time was of having thousands and thousands of people you could encounter and converse with all who would have a unique AI. Also that the graphics would allow you to zoom down to a level that you could even see, for example, the heads of screws screwing a drainpipe to a wall. Somehow that has remained with me also.

Also interestingly, I stumbled across this article just a few days ago where Chris and Mark were specifically asked about Republic having made similar claims to Subversion and Chris was completely aware of Republic and responds saying that it didn't employ the procedural generation tools that Subversion will.

Now an actual comment about Subversion: I'm really intrigued, to see what the player perspective will be in this game. If the world turns out to be really detailed, will you be playing the game in first or third person view since surely those are the only views from which you could appreciate that level of detail. That'd be very different from anything Introversion has done thus far. I'd otherwise'd assumed it would be a game mainly just played from a city overview perspective like the one given in the tech demos thus far.
thobal
level1
level1

Postby thobal » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:30 am

I think Subversion is The Black Sun itself.

This is Introversion's shot across the bow of history. Soon, everyone will know the name of this simulation. It's the Matrix, it's a personality test. It'll be the largest, most detailed simulation of reality in existence.

If you've heard of the simulation argument, the one that posits that we are all most certainly living in some kind of computer. This is it.

We're about to answer the question, is the Matrix possible? This is something that will change billions of lives. It's like I'm sitting around waiting for the world to change.

It's why I've got to change my schedule for the spring and take an intro to programming class.
thobal
level1
level1

Postby thobal » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:23 am

Oh, BTW

Could you please make them worship someone? The great Google, perhapse?
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:27 pm

I couldn't agree more Thobal, we are like minded on this! BTW any news on peter molyneux new game, porject X? Or any other revolutionary games in development you might know?
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:37 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:40 pm

It's mostly single player tho :(, but that would be cool yeah I guess
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:28 am

faemir wrote:Whatever it is it looks awesome :D

Also, what was the chronometer project?

Maybe his watch broke, and the project was to fix it.

That video was awesome, I like cites.
Weatherproof
level1
level1

Postby Weatherproof » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:31 pm

This project has come so far, and the videos are amazing!! Watching the city build and create itself is breathtaking and doing it smoothly with all those faces is extremely amazing.
johndrinkwater
level0

Deus Ex: Subversion

Postby johndrinkwater » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Deus Ex: Subversion.

Yup, that’s how I’d like to see this game turn out… just don’t forget the air conditioning tunnels. :)

I am in awe. Coupled with the early shots of building floor generation, this game is going to be richly detailed, I can’t wait. If you need a pre-order, please, ask me for money.

I still have questions though :?:
Considering Chris is aiming at procedural generation and parks… is there an intention to use tech like SpeedTree for the flora and fauna, or are you going to leave that to be an in-house generator?
At what stage could the generators be pre-seeded to? Would the game feature pre-generated (to a degree) city-scapes or would each player have something unique?
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Considering what we've seen from Chris so far in *winia and Subversion, I highly doubt he's going to license a third-party proc-gen library. ;)
DaggleC
level1
level1

Postby DaggleC » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:06 pm

It's surely some Syndicate-style industrial espionage game with elements of the planning part of the early Rainbow 6 titles?

Surely?
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:24 pm

DaggleC wrote:It's surely some Syndicate-style industrial espionage game with elements of the planning part of the early Rainbow 6 titles?

Surely?

Hopefully its something with some strategic elements in it, and don't call me Shirley.
Taedal
level2
level2

Postby Taedal » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:48 pm

This is amazing the potential is huge. Great stuff keep it up, can't wait to hear more about it.

Return to “Introversion Blog”