Save Multiwinia

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:41 am

elexis wrote:Since when is the games market in china legal?

4/3 of there population might not buy it but its still an exposure. look at mp3's, used to be encoded with draconian DRM and now several companies are getting there act together.

when radiohead released "In Rainbows" its DRM free. ppl shared it on p2p and torrent sites and still manage to make gazillion £ pounds as most ppl prefer to support them (me included) by purchasing dowloadable mp3's to ensure they will survive and provide quality products in the future.
Eating without Tabasco® Sauce is like a computer without a OS.
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:37 am

well to be fair, most radiohead fans are crazy lunatics (I personally know a couple myself..) who would sell their soul just to meet the band.

I personally put down about 5 dollars US because I like to listen to them sometimes but in real like I would never buy one of their CDs. I'm sure there are many like me who agree to that.

I can't remember, but wasn't the bit rate only 128 kb/s or 192 kb/s? For full album price I would have been pissed..but not to derail the thread..excuse me.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:12 am

allen wrote:well to be fair, most radiohead fans are crazy lunatics (I personally know a couple myself..) who would sell their soul just to meet the band.

*Raises hand to being a crazy lunatic*

Yeah but I agree the "radiohead model" for lack of a better term isn't for everyone. I do think that DRM is largely pointless expect for multiplayer games since, as IV pointed out, you can't secure content which is stored locally and it just ends up being annoying to the paying customer. I think a system with a demo and DRM free like world of goo went for works best (though I have no figures to back that up). This basically seems to be what IV is doing, letting players get a proper taste of the game without giving them all of it. The only thing was it was a shame LAN and demo online wasn't included earlier, but there's only so much a small company can do at once.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:34 am

allen: I don't play TF2 much, but I think it's a great idea. So I'd like to see a download. In a separate thread, it deserves it :)
digitalman111
level0

Nike Victory Red Irons

Postby digitalman111 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:35 am

I'm such an awesome spammer that I'm banned. Am I cool or what?
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:37 am

http://rapidshare.com/files/156706385/MW_Spray.zip.html

1. navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*YOUR USERNAME*\
2. copy everything into the team fortress 2 folder
3. so it would be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*YOUR USERNAME*\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos\UI
4. then go in game and go to the "multiplayer options" import the file
5. bind a key to spray from the options menu

if anyone wants to do this and has trouble I can help. And if anyone wants to make a better logo make sure the dimensions are 256x256 .tga and I can make it compatible with TF2 or you can do it via a .vtf plugin for photoshop/gimp or vtfedit: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?c=178#p178

here's the 'spray':

it's very simple and I should have used a better font for the URL...it catches people's eyes regardless and gets people curious enough to ask. Since they have Steam already it's easier for them to get it/try the demo. Some servers do have rules against advertising but I haven't had trouble so far.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:55 am

It's interesting you say that, digitalman; Adidas's new Conquest Blue (CB) Steel range includes Conquest Blue Egg, Sausage, Bacon and Spam as well as Conquest Blue Baked Beans Bacon Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Tomato and Spam. Maybe you should check those out.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Ebdong
level1
level1

Postby Ebdong » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:56 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Get some terminally grouchy guy to redo the voice in the Multiwinia Monday videos, changing the listener from the player to the multiwinians.

"These are your sorry asses. Those goddamned reddies have a weapon of mass destruction secured in their stronghold and they plan to set it off. You are to advance on their stronghold, take over their emplacements, and halt the enemy's operations. Do you ladies have a problem with that?! MOVE OUT!"

Isn't that a bit too Meet the Soldier?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Considering it's a classic stereotype, I'd be doing it wrong if it weren't.
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:22 pm

allen wrote:stuff

Any better? Also, why does everyone give such stupidly complicated instructions for importing sprays? You just save it as a .jpg or whatever, go to 'Import Sprays' ingame and browse to it... no need to mess about with complicated settings and .vtf plugins, especially if you don't want to bother with transparency.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:38 pm

KingAl wrote:It's interesting you say that, digitalman; Adidas's new Conquest Blue (CB) Steel range includes Conquest Blue Egg, Sausage, Bacon and Spam as well as Conquest Blue Baked Beans Bacon Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Tomato and Spam. Maybe you should check those out.

I hear you can buy them at http://www.DOWNLOADVIRUSES.com/
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:41 pm

go ahead and try to import a jpg into TF2-it won't work. That's why.
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:38 pm

allen wrote:go ahead and try to import a jpg into TF2-it won't work. That's why.

It's always worked for me. That or I just save to .tga when I want transparency, still no need to use .vtf plugins.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:57 pm

allen wrote:go ahead and try to import a jpg into TF2-it won't work. That's why.

It should be working. That's what the import spray function's for. ;)

It was broken at one point (one LONG point)but it should be fixed now.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:28 am

It worked for me when I imported my spray (which I never spray due to scaling issues that I could fix but don't) into TF2 so I would asume it should work for every one.
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]

Return to “Introversion Blog”