Save Multiwinia

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:07 pm

the4ce wrote:Hmm...I don't really know but this may help.

http://www.winehq.org

I found this software in an article from a magazine...I haven't read the article yet and I don't know if this will work... :?

Hmm...I don't really know but reading the thread might help. :P

jelco wrote:As you might note when you read around a bit, the demo seems to run fine in Wine - as far as I know it does have the occasional hiccups but that didn't stop several people from buying the full version to run it in Wine. Also, as far as I know, the Windows and Linux versions have always been one package, which means that you can buy the Windows version now and run it in Wine (as much as it allows you to) and when the Linux version comes out you'll be able to download that one and activate it with your Windows key immediately.

I will say at this point that I myself do not have a Linux box and haven't tried running it in Wine. I'll also say that, while the above may be so, there are indeed probably a lot of people who don't know about it and are hence (like you) not trying/buying the game.

Jelco
the4ce
level1
level1

Postby the4ce » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:16 am

Sorry for spamming then... :(
brindy
level1
level1

Postby brindy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:17 pm

I bought two copies. One for myself and one for my brother in law. I didn't even bother with demo, so sorry if that messes up your stats! :)

However, I did force a coleague to download the demo earlier ... I suspect he'll buy it later this evening.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:55 am

Why doesnt IV put a "message of the day" in defcon, a lot of defcon players havent even played the demo of multiwinia yet. :?
olivvv
level1
level1

I CANT BUY THE GAME - GET YOUR SHOP WORKING

Postby olivvv » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:58 pm

all is pretty much in the title.

Your webshop is not functioning properly. I tried to buy with 2 different credit cards (Mastercard and Visa), both perfectly valid and usable elsewhere,
and your webshop does not let me finish the order.

If you cant get it in order, could you please make it available elsewhere (in another webshop), so that I can finally buy the game.

I like the game, I have the money, but it is currently impossible to buy the game.
jelco
level5
level5

Re: I CANT BUY THE GAME - GET YOUR SHOP WORKING

Postby jelco » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:01 pm

olivvv wrote:Your webshop is not functioning properly. I tried to buy with 2 different credit cards (Mastercard and Visa), both perfectly valid and usable elsewhere,
and your webshop does not let me finish the order.

If you cant get it in order, could you please make it available elsewhere (in another webshop), so that I can finally buy the game.

I like the game, I have the money, but it is currently impossible to buy the game.

First, have you tried using the support form to get help? Second, you can always get the Steam version.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
olivvv
level1
level1

Postby olivvv » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:40 am

Yes I did. But the support is not really answering apart of automated messages.
I had not more success with Steam, but I could do it with paypal.

So there is definitely an issue between my card and uk merchants.

Anyway, issue solved.
Andrej Vojtas
level0

something to reconsider

Postby Andrej Vojtas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:47 pm

I had no time to read the whole 10 pages, just the original post.

I just wanted to give you some friendly feedback: I wasn't absolutely invested into trying Multiwinia for one simple reason: I looks exactly the same on the surface to me as Darwinia. Small stylized figures on a big virtual board.

I have no idea what Multiwinia is about. I played the demo of Darwinia once, but gave up after 5 minutes. There are thousands of people like me. They heard about Darwinia and now it's Multiwinia: the name is kind of similar, the screenshots are kind of similar = the message it gives is: there is nothing new, they just try to milk an old idea. Now I suppose, this is not truth and there are tons of improvements and innovations, but the name and web page doesn't communicate this. This is why I never tried Multiwinia demo. Maybe I should ;)

Keep up the good work.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Re: something to reconsider

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Andrej Vojtas wrote:I had no time to read the whole 10 pages, just the original post.

I just wanted to give you some friendly feedback: I wasn't absolutely invested into trying Multiwinia for one simple reason: I looks exactly the same on the surface to me as Darwinia. Small stylized figures on a big virtual board.

I have no idea what Multiwinia is about. I played the demo of Darwinia once, but gave up after 5 minutes. There are thousands of people like me. They heard about Darwinia and now it's Multiwinia: the name is kind of similar, the screenshots are kind of similar = the message it gives is: there is nothing new, they just try to milk an old idea. Now I suppose, this is not truth and there are tons of improvements and innovations, but the name and web page doesn't communicate this. This is why I never tried Multiwinia demo. Maybe I should ;)

Keep up the good work.

That was a problem they've discussed.
On the other hand, it does attract those who enjoyed Darwinia. I guess it was impossible to know how many were in each group.

And for your information, they do play completely differently.
Andrej Vojtas
level0

Postby Andrej Vojtas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:47 pm

@ RabidZombie: thank you for letting me know. Sorry for double-posting.

I will definitely give Multiwina a try.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Andrej Vojtas wrote:@ RabidZombie: thank you for letting me know. Sorry for double-posting.

I will definitely give Multiwina a try.
Just to be annoying, double-posting is making 2 posts in a thread, one after another, instead of editing the first one and adding information. I believe the term you should have used it re-posting

xander, do me a favor and don't respond to this...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:09 pm

NeatNit wrote:xander, do me a favor and don't respond to this...

Why is it that you say the above just after you say anything stupid? Perhaps, in the future, you should not post messages when you have to add that to the end. It would save us all a great deal of trouble, and would make you look less like an idiot. Remember, it is better to keep your mouth shut and look like idiot than to open it and remove all doubt.

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:10 pm

I just had to see how you'd respond to this. :wink:
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:04 am

xander, what can you expect from a piece of cheese.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 pm

WITH A HAT!!!

Return to “Introversion Blog”