Save Multiwinia

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
maonayze
level0

Postby maonayze » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:15 pm

Hello All

I am one of five admins that run an online community in the South Wales Valleys. Some of our community members have already bought and played your games and have loved them. However, like a lot of others I wasn't aware MultiWinia had been released yet. Hopefully once the mag reviews have started to appear then I hope things will take an upturn for you.

In the meantime I will post on the efragz.net forums and add a link to your demo. We have a 50 BYOC Lan Party coming up on October 25th (Next Saturday) and I will encourage to get a session going there. Will the 1.1 version update allow the demo versions to play Lan games (as long as someone hosting has a full version)?
One of our admins loves Darwinia, so he can get us up to speed pretty quickly. Hopefully we shall get you some sales via STEAM or this website.

In this current climate we should all be helping guys like you to survive, instead of lining the pockets of EA and their current DRM fiasco. At the end of the day it's the gamers and gaming that matter.

All the best

Mark Owens (maonayze) eFragz.net, Administrator
www.efragz.net
Online Community and Lan Gaming Refuge in the Valleys of South Wales
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:53 pm

1.1 doesn't allow this. You'll have to wait.
maonayze
level0

Postby maonayze » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:38 am

RabidZombie wrote:1.1 doesn't allow this. You'll have to wait.

Ahh, thats a shame. Well I'm afraid we can't postpone a Lan Party for the new version, but I'm sure we can get a few of the fifty to give it a go. One of our admins already has it and said he'll give us a quick heads up and demonstrate it up on the big screen on Saturday Night. I'm pretty confident we can get a couple of sales over the weekend.

Need to get that new version out though, as it could mean the difference between a sale and a no-sale.

Good Luck and All the best from eFragz.net
Will stay in touch.

Mayo
www.efragz.net

Online Community and Lan Gaming Refuge in the Valleys of South Wales
paciFIST
level1
level1

Postby paciFIST » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 am

I have made a post (containing links to MW website) on my blog.
I get my fair share of technically oriented readers so hopefully, this will help a bit.
Shame for not having the OSX and Linux client yet (I am using only Linux so I will not buy MW until the port is out).

If you are interested, you can have a look at the post http://lixtetrax.wordpress.com/2008/10/ ... ultiwinia/
Silverwing
level0

Postby Silverwing » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:21 pm

Our games company Tuna Technologies has just relaunched its site. We don't get much traffic yet but we dedicated this weeks news to Multiwinia: http://www.tunasnax.com/blog/index.php? ... &tb=1&pb=1
Really hope it helps, like the post suggests we really enjoyed playing it in the office 8)

Good luck Introversion, we are all rooting for you!
Chronis
level1
level1

Postby Chronis » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:00 am

Hmmm, it's pretty disappointing Multiwinia isn't getting the attention it deserves. I mean, even for myself. If I didn't start coming to this site, I wouldn't even know Multiwinia was out yet.

Luckily, I have been trying to get the word out to some people. I've mentioned Dar- and Multiwinia a lot to people I know and I sent my friend to the Introversion home page where I made him try to demos. I definitely know he liked Defcon. But I guess I could push the word of Multiwinia and Introversion in general at the sites I go...
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:43 pm

Chronis wrote:Hmmm, it's pretty disappointing Multiwinia isn't getting the attention it deserves. I mean, even for myself. If I didn't start coming to this site, I wouldn't even know Multiwinia was out yet...

and who's fault is that....points to the Marketing Dept :roll:
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:11 pm

Someone needs to get in a bi-plane and draw as many multiwinians in the sky as possible over as many cities as possible. Use red smoke.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:13 pm

No. Get four planes, one each with Green, Blue, Yellow and Red smoke.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:20 pm

No, get 8 planes. One each with Red, Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple... etc.

Oh, and have them drop Foamwinians. Lots of them.

What's a Foamwinian's terminal velocity?
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:02 am

Methinks that just the canon colours would be best.

And even Foamwinians will hurt like a bitch when dropped from high enough.
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:04 am

I've been using a Multiwinia spray when I play TF2 (it took me around 30 minutes to figure out the format TF2 requires and then how to install the damn thing..), I took "survival of the flattest" out and replaced it with the site's URL.

A few people have asked and/or added me to friends but when they ask what kind of game it is I saw "a lite rts game" about a third of them get turned off. The rest tell me they're going to try the demo but I haven't been on TF2 lately so I have no clue if they tried it or bought it. (note: I only frequent one server and I see these folks almost everytime I go into that server)

if anyone wants the spray I can find a place to upload it and instructions on how to install.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:57 am

I chose red because it would be easier to see.

Also, can we get a foamwinian on the next shuttle that NASA send into space? It would be a riot! *Ducks*
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:22 am

or something feasible like a TV Ad in major cities in Europe, US and Asia and downunder.
Eating without Tabasco® Sauce is like a computer without a OS.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:27 am

Since when is the games market in china legal?

The add would have to be original, and funny. Maybe a spoof eg. An officer giving a pep talk to multiwinains in formation, and when they 'charge', they all get hit by a napalm.

Return to “Introversion Blog”