Postby Pox » Thu May 15, 2008 10:10 am

NeoThermic wrote:I HART MIRCOSOFT

fix't'd ;)
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu May 15, 2008 10:39 am

(!Apple) != Microsoft
(!Apple) == Microsoft && Linux && etc...

:wink:

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu May 15, 2008 10:41 am

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that he's dissing macs, and as mac is a subset of unix, he is therefore condoning the use of non-*nix operating systems. I was also feeling trollish.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu May 15, 2008 10:48 am

Pox wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:I HART MIRCOSOFT

fix't'd ;)

Heh. I don't overly love MS. I just despise some of Apple's choices. Is it any wonder that Apple computers do not have more new games for them when most machines Apple ship don't have a proper graphics card? Is it any wonder when ages ago during the revival of the computer games industry, that Apple made it impossible to swap out your graphics card as you wished?

This is why PCs are better, and you don't have to run Windows on a PC if you wish (you can run Linux or even Mac OSX if you're willing to try some experimental builds).

It's not so bad these days, but really nothing can beat a PC for a gaming machine :)

NeoThermic
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu May 15, 2008 11:16 am

True, if you want to play graphics-heavy blockbusters, a mac is certainly not the right choice. But I think it's perfectly reasonable to buy a Mac if you're a multimedia person (or you like expensive shiny things) and expect to be able to play indie games on the side.

Personally, I am a linux-with-windows-for-games-person: but if I could get the same hardware in a mac for the same price, I would.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu May 15, 2008 11:45 am

Pox wrote:
Personally, I am a linux-with-windows-for-games-person: but if I could get the same hardware in a mac for the same price, I would.

Thing is you never will. Apple charge a premium for the "Apple look and feel", which equates to "Let's rip off idiots with no clue of actual value of computers".

Mac's used to be the dogs bollox for multimedia, no question there. For music, video effects they were the way to go. That's changed now. You can do it all on a pc for less then the mac costs, and you aren't stuck with the same hardware either.

That wont put Apple out of business, the iPod keeps them rolling in it, but eventually Apple will see that their computers just don't cut it anymore.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Thu May 15, 2008 11:50 am

Every time you lot get into a platform war, I punch a baby. Think of the babies!
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu May 15, 2008 12:00 pm

prophile wrote:Every time you lot get into a platform war, I punch a baby. Think of the babies!

The first review Yahtzee ever did closed with the line "No puppies were harmed during the making of this video except one who genuinely deserved it." :P

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu May 15, 2008 2:44 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:(!Apple) != Microsoft
(!Apple) == Microsoft || Linux || etc...

Fixed.

Also, much as I like using my Macs, I really don't like Apple, Steve Jobs, or the whole Mac mentality. I respect Bill Gates a great deal, considering the philanthropic works that he and his wife have been doing for the last many years. I think that he is a genuinely motivated and engaged individual, who happens to have built up a company that churns out crapware. Apple, on the other hand, is run by a megalomaniacal asshole.

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu May 15, 2008 3:31 pm

xander wrote:who happens to have built up a company that churns out crapware

Going to slightly disagree there. MS has some fantastic things outside of the windows + office apps that everyone uses. Visual Studio can't be bettered, Visio is fantastic, and DirectX + XNA are a godsend sometimes. Those are not crap. Just Vista + Office 2007 && Windows ME ;)

NeoThermic
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu May 15, 2008 3:35 pm

xander wrote:who happens to have built up a company that churns out crapware

Wasn't it OSX that was the first machine that was breached? Hmm, linux survived, OSX went down first, followed by Vista.

Gee, so in order of exploited first, that makes OSX less secure then Vista. Who's crapware now? I mean if we are going to attack OS makers lets do it properly.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu May 15, 2008 3:37 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
prophile wrote:Every time you lot get into a platform war, I punch a baby. Think of the babies!

The first review Yahtzee ever did closed with the line "No puppies were harmed during the making of this video except one who genuinely deserved it." :P

Jelco

No it didn't. It closed with One-Word Summary: "Viscera"
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu May 15, 2008 3:39 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:

The first video review Yahtzee ever did closed with the line "No puppies were harmed during the making of this video except one who genuinely deserved it." :P

Jelco

Fix'd.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu May 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Return to “Introversion Blog”