Copy Protection DRM

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Seanner27
level0

Postby Seanner27 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Good point about giving money to the developers directly. I should do that in the future. Also my post was laregly sarcastic/angry/pointless (Maddox-styled, if you will) so don't take anything to heart but feel free to laugh with/at it. Except the revolution part. That is serious.

Edit: And except the rest of the post. It contains all of my thoughts. If they are cliches, then really it's just what everyone else has already thought, making it more "common wisdom" or common sense. Cliche seems to be used with a negative connotation as if the arguments are invalid.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:35 am

To elaborate on what RabidZombie has said, Direct2Drive is selling 'Uplink: Hacker Elite', the version distributed by Strategy First. Strategy First, for a long time, refused to pay royalties to IV, after making a bankruptcy claim - not sure what the situation is now - and that version of Uplink doesn't work with new patches, mods etc. In essence, SF are arseholes, and IV has had no say in the DRM they use.
While cliches aren't inherently flawed, the argument that 'n is shitty, I want n, I shouldn't have to pay for n' is. If something is bad enough that you refuse to pay for it, then why pirate it at all? It's blatant rationalisation.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Inna21
level0

Postby Inna21 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:56 am

Spamity spam
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 am

Inna21 wrote:___
simulation de pret

Spam spam spam spam spam
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.

Return to “Introversion Blog”