Survival of the Flattest

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
martin
level5
level5
Posts: 3210
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:37 pm

Postby martin » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:43 pm

Nutter wrote:I hope I ain't the only one seeing the humor in giving advice on how to play a game to one of the game creators in a game that isn't even out yet :D


we can't help it if we're better than Chris ;)

...

And yes chris, that *is* a direct challenge for a battle when you release the game.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:59 pm

So, um... in addition to my own Mac laptop, I volunteer Wendryn's work computer for beta testing. Where do I sign up?

xander
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Wow!

I think it's pretty cool how Darwinia's lack of a Fog of War is still being kept, which I highly approve of! Watching the Darwinian's scurry about in the King of the Hill zone while under fire, it reminded me of the expression "herding cats", those little guys are a handful.

My only question is: When can we pre-order!?!
martin
level5
level5
Posts: 3210
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:37 pm

Postby martin » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:58 pm

xander wrote:So, um... in addition to my own Mac laptop, I volunteer Wendryn's work computer for beta testing. Where do I sign up?

xander


yeah, I volunteer my home computer, my college computer, my laptop, and my brothers laptop... so where do we sign up/when do we sign up? :D
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5
Posts: 7898
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 11:54 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:54 pm

Feud wrote:Watching the Darwinian's scurry about in the King of the Hill zone while under fire, it reminded me of the expression "herding cats", those little guys are a handful.
You've heard those death screams, right?

My only question is: When can we pre-order!?!
Seconded.
User avatar
Shwart!!
level5
level5
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:36 am

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:53 pm

martin wrote:
xander wrote:So, um... in addition to my own Mac laptop, I volunteer Wendryn's work computer for beta testing. Where do I sign up?

xander


yeah, I volunteer my home computer, my college computer, my laptop, and my brothers laptop... so where do we sign up/when do we sign up? :D


I volunteer everything to infinity! Hah!

I absolutely love this game, and I can hardly wait for beta testing... :D

Shwart!!
User avatar
Xocrates
level5
level5
Posts: 5262
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 pm

Postby Xocrates » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:09 pm

Shwart!! wrote:
martin wrote:
xander wrote:So, um... in addition to my own Mac laptop, I volunteer Wendryn's work computer for beta testing. Where do I sign up?

xander


yeah, I volunteer my home computer, my college computer, my laptop, and my brothers laptop... so where do we sign up/when do we sign up? :D


I volunteer everything to infinity! Hah!

I absolutely love this game, and I can hardly wait for beta testing... :D

Shwart!!


If I don't get to be in the Beta testing for this game I'll...

I'll...

...be very very sad :(
User avatar
BrianBlessed
level4
level4
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:33 pm

Postby BrianBlessed » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:16 pm

Xocrates wrote:If I don't get to be in the Beta testing for this game I'll...

I'll...

...be very very sad :(

Threaten to self-harm. That can't fail!
User avatar
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Posts: 4667
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)
Contact:

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:37 pm

IV won't let me beta-test. My graphics card should not exist. It's an abomination.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Image
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:01 pm

/me wonders whether this uses the same basic network protocol as Defcon...
martin
level5
level5
Posts: 3210
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:37 pm

Postby martin » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:40 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:/me wonders whether this uses the same basic network protocol as Defcon...


I think they said that multiwinia would be easier because of experience/code from defcon

...

*retuns to waiting for beta applications*
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:01 am

Shwart!! wrote:
I volunteer everything to infinity! Hah!



Image
illustriouschin
level1
level1
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:23 am

Postby illustriouschin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:13 am

shinygerbil wrote:IV won't let me beta-test. My graphics card should not exist. It's an abomination.

dang i got to know what it is. :shock:
torig
level5
level5
Posts: 1251
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:19 pm

Postby torig » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:18 am

illustriouschin wrote:
shinygerbil wrote:IV won't let me beta-test. My graphics card should not exist. It's an abomination.

dang i got to know what it is. :shock:


An old (well, first, really) 3dFX ISA-based card perhaps :P
User avatar
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Posts: 4667
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)
Contact:

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:18 am

Not quite that bad. It's a Radeon IGP 345M.

"Drivers? Nope. Have these second-rate, three-year-old vendor drivers instead. Oh, and don't even think about getting those modded Catalyst drivers; I'm based on a Radeon 7000 chipset, and as such I am incapable of fully understanding complex things like OpenGL."

"3D? Three-what!? Yeah, screw you, pal. I don't do 3D for just anyone. And you don't cut it. Okay, well, you can have 5fps and nothing more, got it? but you'll have to give me more of your system RAM."

"Whut. I didn't just crash; that was your fault. I swear. Go away."

If it could talk, that is what it would say.

Return to “Introversion Blog”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests