Ford remote car key replacement-how much!?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Ford remote car key replacement-how much!?

Postby roomftrhaver » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:45 pm

Managed to lose my Ford Focus (54 reg, mk1 face lift model) remote car key just before Christmas on a train, no sign of them turning up in lost property so time to replace as reliance on the spare non remote key is getting tire some.

Went to local Ford dealer who want best part of 200 quid to replace. Is this a suitable punishment for the stupid who lose their keys or is there other options? I know non remote keys can be had from third party key people but is remote a dealer only job?
detelina
level1
level1

Re: Ford remote car key replacement-how much!?

Postby detelina » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:55 am

I'm interested too. I hear.
CanadianVictory
level0

Postby CanadianVictory » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:44 pm

You wanna say that you lost your keys 9 months ago and still have no money to replace it? Is the situation with money so bad? You can always take a quick cash advance at https://www.iamdetail.com/ga/, but seriously, I would think of changing the job if I were you. Car keys is a consumable, it's not worth so much of thinking!
DouglasX
level1
level1

Postby DouglasX » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:38 am

roomftrhaver wrote:Managed to lose my Ford Focus (54 reg, mk1 face lift model) remote car key just before Christmas on a train, no sign of them turning up in lost property so time to replace as reliance on the spare non remote key is getting tire some.

Went to local Ford dealer who want best part of 200 quid to replace. Is this a suitable punishment for the stupid who lose their keys or is there other options? I know non remote keys can be had from third party key people but is remote a dealer only job?

Returning to the initial topic. As far as I know, remote keys may be of another company. However, you must reprogram them on proprietary equipment.
Simon27
level1
level1

Postby Simon27 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Yes. This is true. I myself have been worried about the starter lately. I even became to read more reviews of the best remote car starter. It seems to me that it will be easier to replace this than to give it for repair or hope for the best. What would they do in my place? I have such a big load at work now that I cannot visit the car repair shop.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”