Defcon forum needs help! Mark and Chris pls help us!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Colytic
Site Admin

Re: Defcon forum needs help! Mark and Chris pls help us!

Postby Colytic » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Little of kudayta's moderation has been justified by the ToS. In any case what does the ToS really signify? It is some legalese put in front of you when you sign up. Almost no one has read it and I don't believe the old admins (eg Bert and NeoThermic) ever used it. As I have quoted back on the Defcon forum, NT said to Vicious back in the day:

NeoThermic wrote:IMO you failed to realise the forums are anarchy based, and topics are not locked because they are a flamefest. The only topics I've locked that were not spam were topics that needed locking due to warez or other major infraction topics...

IV has left us to our own devices. I'm not even sure when our last proper interaction with them was (I am not criticizing this, in fact I think it's right). In the old days they appointed admins from special individuals who had their trust. But the only one left from that time is Vicious.

So, as a community we are now self-governed and self-organized. Since authority no longer comes from the owners, it is left to us to choose people we trust. If the community wants to go one way, but a single mod stubbornly insists on going another, that seems paradoxical to me because the mod was only given their authority by that community. Moreover, without the members there is nothing to rule. So if they reach a clear consensus the mods should follow that (especially when it involves letting an old member back in). I don't think we voted for 'dictators for life' to rule us with an iron fist.

PS: This was Bert in 2012 when he oversaw the election of new moderators (Laika and Nukraine).
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:00 pm

The best solution, and the solution that seems to fit the spirit of IV, would removing "Moderator Privileges" from the user kudayta and involve guidelines for a democratic process.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:37 pm

(MOR) wrote:The best solution, and the solution that seems to fit the spirit of IV, would removing "Moderator Privileges" from the user kudayta and involve guidelines for a democratic process.

No. The best solution would be to take them from all of our moderators and let an outside source dictate our forums. Someone who doesn't post on there or play the game. They just dictate. That's it.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:01 am

Obviously I would like a democratic comparticipation but I don't pretend to choose the administration form. The important thing, in my opinion, is the balanced aptitude...that is what kudayta lost.

The first step would be to restore baton in the forum, and then I agree to revoke kudayta because he is a damage for the comunity and for the forum itself. I don't know the reason why he become so irrational and I'm sad for that but now it's the time to solve the problem, to change the page.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:50 pm

I guess the next deleted or locked thread will be " Unbanning people" viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54425
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Forever Young wrote:I guess the next deleted or locked thread will be " Unbanning people" viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54425

kudayta locked the thread eleven minutes later.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Baton will not be unbanned. No one has provided me with any reasons to unban Baton, despite asking several times.

Since this is just a continuation of the previous locked thread, I'll be locking this one as well. If anyone comes up with any actual reasons to unban Baton, feel free to PM me and I'll discuss the matter with you.

I guess no one can provide him with reasons to unban him, or not? We already have given reasons.
Feel free to leave the forum kudayta!
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Forever Young wrote:
Baton will not be unbanned. No one has provided me with any reasons to unban Baton, despite asking several times.

Since this is just a continuation of the previous locked thread, I'll be locking this one as well. If anyone comes up with any actual reasons to unban Baton, feel free to PM me and I'll discuss the matter with you.

I guess no one can provide him with reasons to unban him, or not? We already have given reasons.
Feel free to leave the forum kudayta!

I'll try to view this as an outside-unbiased opinion. What the moderators are looking for are actual facts, not emotion. They don't need things like, "Our reason is because we want him back!" or "We are in majority to have him back."

They need actual facts. Hell I think a sincere apology may help a lot. To answer your grief about the apology, since he obviously cannot do it on here, have him apologize to either Vic, Laika, or Kudayta in a game lobby. They can take screenshots and share it amongst themselves. They don't need to share amongst you, and you guys don't need him to apologize to you or to post screenshots.

If he does that, and they decide to unban him, it needs to be his last chance. You guys need to understand that as well. No more outbursts. No more character insults. None. One strike, and he's permabanned.

I think that is very reasonable, no?
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:53 am

He is not a judge for us anymore.
And it is not only the banning.
We do not trust him after all these deprivations of liberty.
Maybe that is why nobody want to discuss with him.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:21 am

If you want to be like that, then let him be banned.
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 pm

things are not good like that. to close a thread cause its getting uncomfortable isn´t a solution which show a wise moderation.
a moderator have to provide the base for discussions and to lead if there a need or to decrease a discussion if its getting to wild.
but in any case the moderator should support discussions.
what happen here is to close to close to close, to lessen, to cut discussions even persons are still active on it.
it make members getting upset without understanding and finaly to leave.
it create a ambiente of to be not wellcome.

that has to change
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:51 pm

LadySnowhitepink wrote:things are not good like that. to close a thread cause its getting uncomfortable isn´t a solution which show a wise moderation.
a moderator have to provide the base for discussions and to lead if there a need or to decrease a discussion if its getting to wild.
but in any case the moderator should support discussions.
what happen here is to close to close to close, to lessen, to cut discussions even persons are still active on it.
it make members getting upset without understanding and finaly to leave.
it create a ambiente of to be not wellcome.

that has to change

Do any of you have moderator experience?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:29 am

Thank you for your precious comment.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:11 am

Hard to give you the links when the moderator deletes a part of the discussion. We have what he wanted to save.

Edit: it's a long story, started months ago, located in many threads (some locked, some censored or modified, some deleted)..anyway I will try to send you the links as elements for a recognization.

But the central thing is that I lost my trust on kudayta, he become a problem instead of a solution.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks for the input Jelco.

At the moment, Vicious is holding a reelection of all the forum officials with IV's support. This may resolve the issue.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”