Forum Bugs

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
User avatar
NeatNit
level5
level5
Posts: 2929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Forum Bugs

Postby NeatNit » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:34 am

Well, I don't know what the point of the 'beta' forum was (forums2012) because very little was changed since. There are very few bugs, most of them minor.

1. Going into a multi-forum pinned thread causes strange behavior with unread posts - the only example I have for the moment is this thread - it is pinned on both the lounge and the news section, but only in the news section does it work correctly. In the lounge section, the thread will appear as unread (working as intended), but when clicking the "go to first unread post" button, it will go to the last page and no posts will be marked as unread. Going back to the forum (lounge) will again show the thread as unread.
2. Size tags not working as before - this is more of a peeve than a bug. Previously, the size tag decided pixel height, whereas currently it is applied as percentage. The only thing that really suffers from this is the inability to use size=0.
3. Users cannot edit their posts in the News/Blog sections.


nothing else off the top of my head. I don't mind much if you ignore 1 and 2, but please fix 3... (and thank you bert)
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Re: Forum Bugs

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:52 am

NeatNit wrote:Well, I don't know what the point of the 'beta' forum was (forums2012) because very little was changed since. There are very few bugs, most of them minor.


Quite a few major things have changed with regards to the permissions, signatures, etc. The beta as you saw it was a late stage too; there was a private beta which we resolved most of the major issues :)


NeatNit wrote:1. Going into a multi-forum pinned thread causes strange behavior with unread posts - the only example I have for the moment is this thread - it is pinned on both the lounge and the news section, but only in the news section does it work correctly. In the lounge section, the thread will appear as unread (working as intended), but when clicking the "go to first unread post" button, it will go to the last page and no posts will be marked as unread. Going back to the forum (lounge) will again show the thread as unread.


I'm unaware of a decent way to fix this. This'll have to do with the fact that the read tracking pays attention to topic ID and forum ID, and thus to that system, said topic is in two forums.

NeatNit wrote:2. Size tags not working as before - this is more of a peeve than a bug. Previously, the size tag decided pixel height, whereas currently it is applied as percentage. The only thing that really suffers from this is the inability to use size=0.


Previous BBCode was using the <font> tag to apply a size. This is clearly the wrong way to do things, so these days it'll be a CSS font-size directive (enforcing percentage), and thus you can't have 0%; the font would just not render.

This is the relevent entry in the BBCode template file:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN size --><span style="font-size: {SIZE}%; line-height: normal">{TEXT}</span><!-- END size -->


I'm really reluctant to consider returning to the old behaviour.


NeatNit wrote:3. Users cannot edit their posts in the News/Blog sections.


nothing else off the top of my head. I don't mind much if you ignore 1 and 2, but please fix 3... (and thank you bert)


I've fixed #3. :)

NeoThermic
User avatar
NeatNit
level5
level5
Posts: 2929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Forum Bugs

Postby NeatNit » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Huzzah!

Regarding #2: the whole idea is that the font would not render. It also didn't render with the old behavior. It did show up in copy-pastes though. Currently size=1 achieves comparable results, but I'm just sad to let the old one go. :(
User avatar
NeatNit
level5
level5
Posts: 2929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Forum Bugs

Postby NeatNit » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Just remembered some trivial fixes - the "new post" icon and the "popular topic" icon.

The new post icon Image is a blue paper, whereas the non-new post icon Image is a white one. Because of the blue background they are very hard to tell apart. It should be orange, like before.
ImageImage

The popular topic icon is a weird grey/blue circle ImageImage. With an asterisk in the corner. Very weird, looks very out-of-place. Similar ones for stickies/announcements. Should IMHO be replaced with something more fitting.
Looking at the URLs, the forum is using .._mine images for any threads I posted in (I suppose this is intended behavior), and only in this case the .._mine is different from the normal image. Or there may be other cases. I can't say I've checked.

Edit: Confirmed on multiple threads that only .._mine has this issue. Seems to be just sticky threads and "popular" threads.
Last edited by NeatNit on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jois13
level2
level2
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Forum Bugs

Postby jois13 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:05 pm

NeatNit wrote:Well, I don't know what the point of the 'beta' forum was (forums2012) because very little was changed since. There are very few bugs, most of them minor.

1. Going into a multi-forum pinned thread causes strange behavior with unread posts - the only example I have for the moment is this thread - it is pinned on both the lounge and the news section, but only in the news section does it work correctly. In the lounge section, the thread will appear as unread (working as intended), but when clicking the "go to first unread post" button, it will go to the last page and no posts will be marked as unread. Going back to the forum (lounge) will again show the thread as unread.
2. Size tags not working as before - this is more of a peeve than a bug. Previously, the size tag decided pixel height, whereas currently it is applied as percentage. The only thing that really suffers from this is the inability to use size=0.
3. Users cannot edit their posts in the News/Blog sections.

nothing else off the top of my head. I don't mind much if you ignore 1 and 2, but please fix 3... (and thank you bert)

i think you should be able to do anything on the loungs (no trolling but some things you ban people for ar harsh......but....your...rules.....also add trolling its FUN!!!xD
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed? Moved the only new text out of the quote. Left the unneccesary quote, though.
User avatar
NeatNit
level5
level5
Posts: 2929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Forum Bugs

Postby NeatNit » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:36 am

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45587
"Oops, I pressed the Change Font Size link"
Another broken feature.

Edit:
Credit where credit is due - the Prison Architect forum no longer lights up as unread when all the unread posts are from the inaccessible (to me) Developer section. Huzzah!
Which reminds me - what was that Multiwinia subforum I never got access to? ;)

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests