ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 am

Hah. No, not really.

However, all future fake announcement (and similar stupidity) threads are going to be considered spam deleted completely UNLESS they contain something valuable. The whole thread. So please, do not reply. Also, since I am allowed to ban spammers and the fake announcements are now spam, well. Apply basic logic.
NoOpen
level1
level1
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:10 am

Postby NoOpen » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Logic says there banned, You say there not.

Another classic moderator paradox.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:14 pm

NoOpen wrote:Logic says there banned, You say there not.

Another classic moderator paradox.

Verbs have tenses for a reason...

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 pm

This is stupid.. and fake... BAN yourself Bert, I've seen enough.
Cuz fuck logic
User avatar
Colytic
Site Admin
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Postby Colytic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Wha-

I don't get this thread.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5
Posts: 7898
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 11:54 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Cliff notes version: Fake announcements have been run into the ground and are now a bannable offence. People are still unfunny.
User avatar
Colytic
Site Admin
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Postby Colytic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Cliff notes version: Fake announcements have been run into the ground and are now a bannable offence. People are still unfunny.


Oh. Well. Another day on the Internet I suppose.
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:10 am

Pretty much. Also, this is why we can't have nice things etc.
jois13
level2
level2
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

Postby jois13 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:05 am

Like to see YOU try BITCH!!!!!!!
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

Postby xander » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Uh oh...

xander
jois13
level2
level2
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

Postby jois13 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:29 pm

this was before...
Joe
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Re: ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:58 am

Sigh. Any posts of you in this thread or past threads started by you will be treated like new spam and lead to bans. For someone vowing to get better, you sure revel a lot in your past trolls. Your number of meaningful contributions here is still zero. Nobody would miss you. Except maybe Jordy, but he also cheers kitchen spammers, so I don't think his opinion counts.

Obviously, no reply on your part is required as acknowledgement. I will assume you read this. If you read this after making more posts, now is your chance to delete them before I see them.
jois13
level2
level2
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

Postby jois13 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:39 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Sigh. Any posts of you in this thread or past threads started by you will be treated like new spam and lead to bans. For someone vowing to get better, you sure revel a lot in your past trolls. Your number of meaningful contributions here is still zero. Nobody would miss you. Except maybe Jordy, but he also cheers kitchen spammers, so I don't think his opinion counts.

Obviously, no reply on your part is required as acknowledgement. I will assume you read this. If you read this after making more posts, now is your chance to delete them before I see them.

wait are you saying that i CANT make any posts
EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT TROOLS OR WHATEVER???...cause thats weird if so...
Joe
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6256
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Re: ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:26 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Sigh. Any posts of you in this thread or past threads started by you will be treated like new spam and lead to bans. For someone vowing to get better, you sure revel a lot in your past trolls. Your number of meaningful contributions here is still zero. Nobody would miss you. Except maybe Jordy, but he also cheers kitchen spammers, so I don't think his opinion counts.

Obviously, no reply on your part is required as acknowledgement. I will assume you read this. If you read this after making more posts, now is your chance to delete them before I see them.

jois13 wrote:wait are you saying that i CANT make any posts
EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT TROOLS OR WHATEVER???...cause thats weird if so...
Joe




Please don't get any of us wrong. If you wish to make positive contributive topics and posts, then we are not ones to stop you; we're encouraging it via tough love. However, we also have tools to make sure that the signal stays high; last night I had to deal with a certain someone who was spamming, they got a day ban and have had their ability to start new topics revoked. I don't take this kind of permission revocation lightly, but the tools are there and we will use them if needed.

Do consider that the random thread is actually a great proving grounds for topics; if you put a post in there that gathers a lot of replies then it's possible that it has interest in this forum, and can spawn new topics. Great previous examples have been about guns, politics, and whether it's a good/fun idea to exit a perfectly good aircraft mid-flight. (I'm of the opinion that it is, xander might disagree...).

In general, post more, but start less topics. Not everything that comes to mind needs a new topic, and that should be the guiding principle of if you should start a new post or not.

NeoThermic
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: ALL POSTERS OF FAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS BANNED

Postby xander » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Damnit! Stupid quote button next to the stupid edit button.

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests