The best Introversion game so far?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

Best IV game so far?

Uplink
28%
Darwinia
20%
Defcon
52%
Multiwinia
No votes

Total votes: 25
Sildaekar
level2
level2

The best Introversion game so far?

Postby Sildaekar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:24 pm

What do you guys think? What are your reasons?

Personally I'm gonna have to go with Uplink, simple because it was the first IV game I have ever played and I still play it now 10 years later!

[Edit]

Sorry, meant to add an option for Prison Architect too :? ...oh well...
Xocrates
level5
level5

Re: The best Introversion game so far?

Postby Xocrates » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Sildaekar wrote:Sorry, meant to add an option for Prison Architect too :? ...oh well...

Well, that one isn't officially out yet, so it's hard to evaluate properly.

Anyway, I would say Defcon, because I feel it's the one that executes better on both mechanics and atmosphere. Most of the others tend to be skewed one way or the other and are rarely executed nearly as well in either.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 pm

I just played Darwinia recently and while I didnt liked the gameplay very much (I was just constantly suiciding my Squads), the atmosphere and the story snippets totally sucked me in, way beyond of what I expected. And depending on the point of view: good or bad - the length of the game: I felt like I finished the tutorial when the game was already over.

Because of that recent big surprise I voted for Darwinia.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Well..Prison Architect is my FIRST Introversion's game..No lies..
Jackdapantyrip
level3
level3

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Defcon: A slow moving rts with speed options,lots of skill, and great atmosphere. Also the sound design and shifts always had an amazing feeling.
Teddy Coalition
level2
level2

Postby Teddy Coalition » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Carefull, Xander might come in here and complain about your poll, lol.
Join the Coalition or perish at it's feet!
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 pm

No, there's nothing to complain about when the poll is justified. xander and I complain about polls occasionally because they're completely unnecessary and add absolutely nothing to anything. Here it makes sense to see how many people think each game is best.

Personally I love Darwinia, it's arguably the most "normal" game they've done, and it's really polished in many ways. I've never played Defcon or Uplink more than a few minutes, but Uplink is fun. Defcon is not my kind of thing. Then there's Multiwinia... I really wanted it to be good, but it was buggy and was left incomplete (no level editor, though that might not even have helped).
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Postby Sildaekar » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:52 am

NeatNit wrote:No, there's nothing to complain about when the poll is justified. xander and I complain about polls occasionally because they're completely unnecessary and add absolutely nothing to anything. Here it makes sense to see how many people think each game is best.

Exactly, it offers insight into the kind of games IV's fans like best, although I'm sure they have better analytics to determine that, I was just curious myself.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Defcon will always be special because of its multiplayer. The servers are still full even 7 years after its release.

If they included some of Bert's minicom UI fixes in an official patch (fixing the chat window scrolling arrows, stopping windows resetting to their default size etc.) it would be even better.

Also even when meta servers go down for maintenance once a year people are able to connect to the dedicated dedcon servers just by manually entering the ip address. :P
Colytic
level4
level4

Postby Colytic » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 pm

I utterly love Multiwinia, but it'll have to be DEFCON for its depth.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”