The end game of prison architect.

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:29 pm

It sounds like you want to play a football manager game with infinitely more corruption. I'm not sure why you expect Chris to not only embrace corruption to borderline cartoonish levels but to also have prisoner sporting teams become such a big deal.
Jackdapantyrip
level3
level3

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:06 am

Mas Tnega wrote:It sounds like you want to play a football manager game with infinitely more corruption. I'm not sure why you expect Chris to not only embrace corruption to borderline cartoonish levels but to also have prisoner sporting teams become such a big deal.

Sports are a part of every prison and it would make introversion a lot of £'s..
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:49 am

xander wrote:If the alternative is your inanity? That's a tough one... toss a coin?
In the morning, the spam will be gone. Inane posts, however, will stay here forever.
Jackdapantyrip
level3
level3

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:
xander wrote:If the alternative is your inanity? That's a tough one... toss a coin?
In the morning, the spam will be gone. Inane posts, however, will stay here forever.

Ha :)

Come on guys so closed minded.. Think outside the box.. entertain new ideas..
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:31 am

The beauty about the sports sim is games could be run even when the other player isn't available. Cloud saved always on prisons would be interesting.

I knows a troll when I sees one...
Jackdapantyrip
level3
level3

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:36 pm

paktsardines wrote:
The beauty about the sports sim is games could be run even when the other player isn't available. Cloud saved always on prisons would be interesting.

You realize games can be run in text mode?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Jackdapantyrip wrote:
paktsardines wrote:

You realize games can be run in text mode?
Graphics don't generally have anything to do with the game logic (unless shittily implemented). How is that relevant?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm afraid your suggestion for a ROMZOMCOMMMOFPS just won't work. There's not enough owls in the teraflops.
Jackdapantyrip
level3
level3

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:07 pm

This is why Jordy left...
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:13 am

I think Jordy left because of this suggestion of yours to put DEFCON on the VirtualBoy.

And you're still trying to put a whole other, basically tangential game into Prison Architect.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:48 am

Mas Tnega wrote:I'm afraid your suggestion for a ROMZOMCOMMMOFPS just won't work. There's not enough owls in the teraflops.

But it's a UNIX system! I know this!

xander
Jackdapantyrip
level3
level3

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:43 am

Hey do you guys know what $3 million cash.. can do in finance.. Probably more around 2.7-2.8 with the valve cut??
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:49 am

You're making the rather large assumption that adding sports to the game will make the game more appealing, not less.

The idea of including sports stuff in a prison sim seems a bit odd. I want my prison game to be a prison game. If I wanted it to be a sports game I'd buy Fifa.
DHKold
level1
level1

Postby DHKold » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 am

Jackdapantyrip wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:It sounds like you want to play a football manager game with infinitely more corruption. I'm not sure why you expect Chris to not only embrace corruption to borderline cartoonish levels but to also have prisoner sporting teams become such a big deal.

And we all know that the only thing IV want is to make money, not making good games...
A prison trading prisonners is not really a good idea... That would only be intersting if you were able to train prisonners, make them compete, get ranked, etc. And that would not be PA anymore, it would be "Football manager with a prison recruitement side"...

Its like if they made an extension to build animals cages or roller coaster, because, you know, why would'nt you pay to have a zoo or a theme park in your prison?
The game needs to focus on its main theme : the prison.

And I don't think in its current form, PA is even close to have a multiplayer interesting side.
Jackdapantyrip
level3
level3

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 pm

DHKold wrote:
Jackdapantyrip wrote:

And we all know that the only thing IV want is to make money, not making good games...
A prison trading prisonners is not really a good idea... That would only be intersting if you were able to train prisonners, make them compete, get ranked, etc. And that would not be PA anymore, it would be "Football manager with a prison recruitement side"...

Its like if they made an extension to build animals cages or roller coaster, because, you know, why would'nt you pay to have a zoo or a theme park in your prison?
The game needs to focus on its main theme : the prison.

And I don't think in its current form, PA is even close to have a multiplayer interesting side.

You could 'train' them and that's part of the interesting aspect of strategy. Let them go practice in the yard and hope all goes well.

Sports already in prison architect: Pool,Boxing,Weightlifting,Cart sledding

Return to “Introversion Lounge”