best. congress. evar

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

best. congress. evar

Postby AIRburst95 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:55 pm

It's 10 days away from the Unites State's Fiscal Cliff. If we don't act quickly by the time New Years comes around we will have to make drastic cuts in every department laying off thousands and make huge tax increases on the middle class.

And all of Congress (The Legislative branch of the US Government) decided to go on break to celebrate Christmas! But only after they watched the movie Lincoln in a special Senate movie viewing session!

Thoughts?
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 am

The movie convinced them of the higher possibility of their dying due to making morally right decisions.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 pm

A new Congress is about to be sworn in and the fiscal cliff will be fixed in about 2 months.

Warren Buffet said something along the lines that The 'Us' could afford the tax hikes for 2 months.. and not to rush into an agreement on the fiscal cliff.. I tend to agree with these statements. I wish they would just do it now knowing this.. I'm sure the Irs and tax preparers would also feel this way. Though with most everybody doing their taxes with software now it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Jackdapantyrip wrote:A new Congress is about to be sworn in and the fiscal cliff will be fixed in about 2 months.

Warren Buffet said something along the lines that The 'Us' could afford the tax hikes for 2 months.. and not to rush into an agreement on the fiscal cliff.. I tend to agree with these statements. I wish they would just do it now knowing this.. I'm sure the Irs and tax preparers would also feel this way. Though with most everybody doing their taxes with software now it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

But this is the fundamental problem, you say two months and the new congress can fix it.

Two years ago when the current congress was being sworn in they said they could handle everything, they swore an oath not to raise taxes, and as we approached the debt ceiling we argued for days, effectively stopping the (unprepared) government for 2 days, we also saw our credit rating drop in the first time in our history.

The "fiscal cliff" is essentially the US saying "We can no longer continue to borrow money with no other forms of revenue besides taxes." It is set to happen at the end of the month. December 31, 2012; Not February 28th...

This is not something we can keep putting off, because is we do (even in two months) then we face huge cuts in spending and a massive tax increase for the middle class by the end of the year.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 am

my thoughts is that the congress is fighting because of their party, or sectionalism, they dont give a damn about the common person.
With the sincerest regards,
111none

Return to “Introversion Lounge”