US Presidential Election Poll

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

Presidential Election '12 Poll

Barack Obama (incumbent) Democrat
61%
Mitt Romney - Republican
20%
Gary Johnson - Libertarian
2%
Jill Stein - Green
6%
Ron Paul - Republican (actually Libertarian)
12%
Virgil Goode - Constitution
No votes
Rocky Anderson - Justice
No votes

Total votes: 51
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:20 pm

DHKold wrote: why forbid people to act stupid if they want to?

Who said anything about doing that?

Heck, read the part of the post you left out:
Xocrates wrote:If you want to gamble, by all means gamble, but I would recommend something with fairer odds.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Excekllent write-up on the response to the election by US Conservatives.
http://33revolutionsperminute.wordpress ... y-reality/

The most astute observation being that left wing nutters (myself included) rarely believe that everyone else wants the same things as them, but we have a go anyway. What I find baffling, watching some of the media coverage and punditry from the US, is that many hard line conservatives seem to foster the belief that their vile beliefs are somehow the unspoken de facto beliefs of everyone...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Xocrates wrote:If you want to gamble, by all means gamble, but I would recommend something with fairer odds.

This is fair comment but assumes that the only purpose to gambling is to win money...I'd say a fair proportion of gamblers do so for entertainment rather than any real expectation of winning.

The chance, however small, of winning a multi-million pound lottery, is entertaining and, for me, worth a small stake (particularly when some goes to "good causes"). I don't see that as any more stupid than say paying to go be entertained by a movie.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Cooper42 wrote:Excekllent write-up on the response to the election by US Conservatives.

The most astute observation being that left wing nutters (myself included) rarely believe that everyone else wants the same things as them, but we have a go anyway. What I find baffling, watching some of the media coverage and punditry from the US, is that many hard line conservatives seem to foster the belief that their vile beliefs are somehow the unspoken de facto beliefs of everyone...

Your observations are incorrect. Most conservatives I know say exactly opposite, that fewer and fewer people want or believe what they do. That people are rejecting conservative beliefs and that such are losing ground has been a rallying cry for decades.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Feud wrote:
Cooper42 wrote:Excekllent write-up on the response to the election by US Conservatives.

Your observations are incorrect. Most conservatives I know say exactly opposite, that fewer and fewer people want or believe what they do. That people are rejecting conservative beliefs and that such are losing ground has been a rallying cry for decades.
Like I said, my oberservations are based upon punditry in the US media.

US news media, across the board, has the same malaise as there in the UK. The "two sides" thing. Which inevitably means getting the hard liners in.
Most hard line near-nutters almost have to believe everyone wants what they want or their world view or it falls apart.

Most conservative are not nutters. Most conservatives are utterly agreeable people with decent heads on their shoulders who dearly want to prtoect what they see as the good in the status quo despite increasingly losing ground.
These people don't end up on the tele.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”