30 Day War? [Israel vs Iran]

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

30 Day War? [Israel vs Iran]

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:17 pm

If you take one look at the news any time in the last few weeks, it seems more and more plausible that Israel will strike Iran. There's the recent SMS system Israel set up to warn it's citizens about missile strikes, the supposidly 'leaked' Israeli war plan/proposal text, Saudi Arabia saying it will shoot down any Israeli jets, and many other 'stories' out there.

There is the reported 'deadline' Netanyahu and Barak allegedly set for September 25, 2012 and two U.S. naval battle fleets were just joined by the USS Eisenhower Strike Group. Apparently the USS Stennis will soon join them and I belive there are a number of French and British ships there as well.

Do you think it's all talk or will Israel (and possibly the U.S.) actually take action? If so, what will be the reprecussions? Should there even be talk of military action or do you think 'diplomatic' means will prevail, given enough time?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Diplomacy will never prevail because the demands being made are completely unreasonable.

Western media likes to blackout the fact Iran has extended the olive branch of peace many times in past. AND at one point even asked to work together with Western governments to oversee their nuclear program.

They will probably strike Iran and people the world over will see it as just.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Granted, I don't see the news that often, but this was actually the first I've heard of any kind of situation currently on-going regarding Israel/Iran.

The international conundrums of the past few days have been Julian Assange and the Syrian civil war.
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Xocrates wrote:Granted, I don't see the news that often, but this was actually the first I've heard of any kind of situation currently on-going regarding Israel/Iran.

The international conundrums of the past few days have been Julian Assange and the Syrian civil war.

Diversion tactics most likely.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Syrian things seems kinda elaborate to just be a diversion tactic I reckon, otherwise fuck the western media and there bullshit.
Cuz fuck logic
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm

I bet on war. Obama's promise to attack Syria in case of using chemical weapons seems like preparing a pretext. It may serve as intimidation for Iran too, since they are allied with Syria.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Yom Kippur 1973 in reverse.

You heard it here first. :wink:
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Regarding the Royal Navy ships in the vicinity: The UK coalition government will be incredibly hard pressed to find suport for war against Iran, or even for providing naval support. Especially if it is started by Israel.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:16 pm

AIRburst95 wrote:You heard it here first.

Hehe, no. :P

Guess I have to tell a random fact from history too ? During World War II, England used powerful transmitters to send false orders to pilots of german bombers in their frequencies range. Jews, who escaped Germany in the beginning of war, often served as operators of those transmitters. Of course, that experience was used later in Israeli-Arab conflicts, giving Israel levelage in electronic warfare.

edit

Source: http://www.amazon.com/The-Six-Day-War-R ... 0395075327
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 am

Laika_rus wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:You heard it here first.

Hehe, no. :P

Guess I have to tell a random fact from history too ? During World War II, England used powerful transmitters to send false orders to pilots of german bombers in their frequencies range. Jews, who escaped Germany in the beginning of war, often served as operators of those transmitters. Of course, that experience was used later in Israeli-Arab conflicts, giving Israel levelage in electronic warfare.

edit

Source: http://www.amazon.com/The-Six-Day-War-R ... 0395075327

how does a leg-up in electronic warfare have anything to do with there being a second Yom Kippur War?
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 am

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think a preemptive strike is the correct move to make?
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:23 am

TheGranaryBytes wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone think a preemptive strike is the correct move to make?

There is no "correct move to make" when it comes to Iran/Syria. Either a preemptive strike or a large scale mobilization into either countries would be surely met with criticism and would be quickly condemned by their allies. Whatever we decide to do though theoretically determines the fate of Iran and its neighboring countries for years to come. Just look at how we dealt with Iraq. Bush Senior went in and won after 2 or so days right? His idea being to not only to take out Saddam but to replace his government and fulfill the dreams of Ronald Reagan (he basically thought that if we replaced one of the middle-eastern powers [iraq at the time] with a democracy, ever other country would follow. its pretty much the domino theory) The only problem is that it failed... miserably. Bush didn't get re-elected for a second term and his son had to wait until Clinton left office. after desert storm the only true conflict we had with iraq/afghanistan was Operation Enduring Freedom, and Operation Iraqi Freedom. The same idea being to relive the current powers of government with a democratically elected leader and drive out all "terrorizers" from those countries. Again ending in a conflict where we still face the same problem today, and the same sad story rolls on.

If we make a move on Iran the same goddamned thing will happen that has been happening for 30 years +. We will go in and take out Ahmadinejad and replace the government with a "democracy" and once the smoke clears we will start to realize that the majority of the population there didn't even wanted us there in the first place and will most likely take up arms and fight us as "combatants". After a couple years of that we pull out with out tail between out legs whimpering and with yet another failure on our shoulders.

I guess the only difference in this case is that Iran actually has WMD's. Hopefully by then the world will come to their senses and starts dismantling fully to preserve out precious bodily fluids, eh'? :wink:
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:42 am

AIRburst95 wrote:
I guess the only difference in this case is that Iran actually has WMD's.

Citation?
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:23 am

TheGranaryBytes wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:

Citation?

I don't think hes using those centrifuges for milk :P
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:43 am

AIRburst95 wrote:
TheGranaryBytes wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:

Citation?

I don't think hes using those centrifuges for milk :P

I repeat : Citation?

Return to “Introversion Lounge”