30 Day War? [Israel vs Iran]

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:27 am

Wow, intelligent.

Oh, I see you're from the US. You probably watch FOX, that would explain everything.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:38 am

paktsardines wrote:Wow, intelligent.

Oh, I see you're from the US and probably watch FOX. That explains everything.

I actually avoid fox at all costs, unless of course we're talking about fox sports. In fact I watch CNN and RT for news and MSNBC for commentary.
And as long as you're presuming that I'm right wing (judging from your FOX and Murdoch comments) I'm actually bottom left. I'm not sure what that means for you down in Australia, but up here in the US that means I'm hated and called a communist regularly. As a Affiliate with 3rd parties mostly I tend to vote for a person who holds leftist authoritarian stances as long as they arnt too extreme.

Look man if this is a real argument (im like 90% sure its not) then why do you only focus on the small things? You say that the president of Iran didn't say exactly that he wanted to wipe out Iran, but even if he didnt why would that even make a difference? The ayatollah holds great contempt for the Israelies for a long time, you cant just disregard their entire stance because of a misquote. Furthermore Al-Qaeda has a presence all over the middle east. Saying that a country as big as Iran couldnt have an Al-Qaeda presence or even an influence there is just irresponsible. Pakistan has Al-Qaeda, north Africa has Al-Qaeda, Afghanistan has Al-Qaeda. No BBC article would ever convince me that the people who mastered hiding in caves for years just up and left completely, thats lunacy.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:48 am

I'm not specifically focussing on the small things, I'm focussing on correcting the factual liberties taken in your posts. If your posts focus on small things, that's not my fault. Iran has no nukes, never said they wanted to wipe Iran off the map, and Alqaeda is a manufactured enemy.

Now I'll go away.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:40 pm

kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:26 pm

AIRburst95 wrote:We all know that Iran has Al-Qaeda cells that have promised to kill 2 million americans

No. Al Qaeda and the Iranian theocracy are at odds with one another.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:55 am

kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:11 am

"Iran is just X months away from having a nuclear bomb!". We've been hearing that same line for 28 years now.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:07 pm

i am convinced Iran has already 1 or 2 bombs. maybe bought from North Korea or Pakistan.
and Israel and USA want to prevent Iran to have a bigger nuclear arsenal.
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:11 pm

i am convinced Iran has already 1 or 2 bombs. maybe bought from North Korea or Pakistan.
and Israel and USA want to prevent Iran to have a bigger nuclear arsenal.

Wow what an irrefutable, evidence-based argument.

I'm convinced my neighbour is a mass-murdering serial killer. I'll just pop over and burn their house down... better safe than sorry.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:45 pm

paktsardines wrote:better safe than sorry.

That's actually a good rule of thumb for dealing with Iran.
AndersBreivik
level2
level2

Postby AndersBreivik » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:57 pm

NO WAR in the past 200 Years has been started because two countries tooled up, rattled sabres and went to war.

NEVER

It has always been one country invading another normally a "David and Goliath" affair - with one side armed to the teeth and the others virtually defenceless.

Iran and Israel DO NOT have nuclear weapons except in the minds of conspiracy theorists, all this "sabre rattling" is just zionist israel trying to get support from the USA to invade Iran.

USA is interested for obvious reasons but can't commit unless Iran attacks or they can magic up some hard evidence for WMD's.

Its like watching the little kid being all cheeky to the school bully hoping that his big brother will notice and retaliate for him when he gets a bloody nose!

Fact is Iran is not that stupid - they know that their allies in the world could not support them against the might of the west - Iraq taught them that.

Whats more likely to happen is that Israel will fire some rockets but blame a renegade soldier, Iran will fire some back and kill some kids - then the USA/EU will step in and demand ceasefires and sanctions.

As a result there will be a lot of disgruntled war dogs who will move into terrorism.

But no nukes - don;t believe everything you read on Rense.com or abovetopsecret - just the stuff about UFO's im not saying they are aliens but they PROBABLY are aliens.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:55 am

Actually, Israel does have Nukes - they just haven't officially announced it though one of their nuclear workers has:

Mordechai Vanunu
AndersBreivik
level2
level2

Postby AndersBreivik » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:53 pm

one

so because of one person you think there telling the truth?

That guys been bleating about nukes for 25 years to various papers and conspiracy websites

do better than that
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Give me a friggin' break. Are you a total fool? Israel's nuclear weapons program has been known about since 1975 and is documented in numerous declassified US intelligence documents.
In 1999 the DIA (US Defence Intelligence Agency) released a declassified estimate of 70-80 weapons.

These days the London Institute of Strategic Studies estimates the figure is more like 200, making it the world's 6th largest nuclear capability and their refusal to join the Non Proliferation Treaty (NPT) places them along side the likes of India, Pakistan and North Korea.

I could post links to relevant information, but I really think you need to do more reading for yourself. It's all there in the public record - but first you have to take off your rose coloured glasses.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”