Xocrates TWG: GAME OVER: Humans Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Coroner already is a confirmed human. Plus the additional benefit of saving the vigilant shot and the fact we know what we killed day 1.
Cuz fuck logic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Step 1: Take 14 cards: 3 or 4 Spades, 1 Heart, 1 Diamond and 8 or 9 Clubs. Find a friend to act as referee
Step 2: Shuffle them and place them face down in an ordered fashion.
Step 3: Remove a random card from the game.
Step 4: Have the referee flip over the Heart (assuming you didn't remove it): That's the Seer.
Step 5: The friend simultaneously chooses a random card flip over and chooses a random card to remove from the game that isn't a spade.
Step 5.1: If they are the same card or the Heart is not in the game, do not flip it over.
Step 6: You choose a card to remove from the game. You are aiming to remove all of the spades.
Step 6.1: As you do this, you may ask the referee to reveal the Diamond if it is still in the game.
Step 7: Repeat steps 5 & 6 until either all the spades are gone, or there are more spades than other cards.

You are literally suggesting we do the above, only we do step 7 once a day. Stop discussing this; it's only vaguely interesting to the Coroner.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Jordy... wrote:Also I want to officially distance myself from that idiot called Swarth!!, he may be my grandfather and all, but who in his right mind is gonna recolonize a town were such a horrible massacre happened before just because he was fascinated by it....

If anything we should lynch him as first, maybe his fascination finely got the better of him and he has finally found more information as of how this could have happened, perhaps he has been... I hate to say this, .. but.. perhaps he has been TURNED.
I did see him sneak out late at night into the woods a couple of times these last few days, I wonder what he were up too...

What the hell are you blabbering about? I don't even know you. Just because I pass you beside the street panhandling in your signature insane manner every day on my way to work does not make me your grandfather.
That is the worst approach to genetics that I've ever heard.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Reading complicated card game instructions right after studying hurts my brain. Lynch Mas Tnega
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:You are literally suggesting we do the above, only we do step 7 once a day. Stop discussing this; it's only vaguely interesting to the Coroner.

I thought that the vigilante only gets one shot?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:09 pm

All the vigilante does in that model is reveal himself. The Coroner is still the only one in a position to name the lynch target.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Shwart!! wrote:
Jordy... wrote:Also I want to officially distance myself from that idiot called Swarth!!, he may be my grandfather and all, but who in his right mind is gonna recolonize a town were such a horrible massacre happened before just because he was fascinated by it....

If anything we should lynch him as first, maybe his fascination finely got the better of him and he has finally found more information as of how this could have happened, perhaps he has been... I hate to say this, .. but.. perhaps he has been TURNED.
I did see him sneak out late at night into the woods a couple of times these last few days, I wonder what he were up too...

What the hell are you blabbering about? I don't even know you. Just because I pass you beside the street panhandling in your signature insane manner every day on my way to work does not make me your grandfather.
That is the worst approach to genetics that I've ever heard.

Fine, I'll retract my accusation. I'm going with Xarlaxas as he deliberately seems to confuse people and suggesting bad plays. Coroner please examine a body tonight
Last edited by Jordy... on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz fuck logic
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:All the vigilante does in that model is reveal himself. The Coroner is still the only one in a position to name the lynch target.

Right, so if the vigilante shoots someone randomly on day one there's about the same logic to it as what we will use to "find" a wolf, but we end up knowing at least one person is human for certain.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Colour me inexperienced, but wouldn't revealing him/herself as a trusted human on day 1 leave the (ex-)vigilante sure night-time wolf-fodder? I assume they wouldn't want us grouping together too much?

Also, what was the rule about metagaming and this thread, again?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Seer would protect the known human, but I think coroner might much better be exposed. I think there is less value in keeping her secret compared to vig.
Don't mind Feud, he might very well be a wolf or he does not understand the politics of this town, whichever one, I'm preparing a rope for him... :P
Cuz fuck logic
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 pm

And by Seer you mean Guardian Angel?

I am so confused. Why would the coroner know any more than anyone else who to lynch? Doesn't he/she only identify a dead body?

Will hesitate to cast my vote until I understand these shenanigans.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Coroner only gets to identify a dead body, and only once from what I understand, the seer is much more interesting to have alive and working with the guardian angel, but there's no sure-fire way for them to identify each other.

The problem with having the vigilante/coroner reveal themselves right away is that that means that we end up in a game where the GA is either protecting him every night so he doesn't get eaten, or he doesn't, hoping the wolves think he will, and then eventually the GA and/or seer get eaten or lynched, and then we just end up with one or two people we know are humans but who have no real way to identify other humans, leading the rest in creating bandwagons every day that are only informed by their own hunches, and the people whispering in their ear, very often wolves, trying to control the situation from the shadows.

Though I'm happy to go with Jordy's suggestion that we lynch the first person who spoke today (what with there not being much else to go on anyway), and, let me double-check this, it looks like that was Jordy!
Last edited by Xarlaxas on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Xarlaxas.

Erm... How many wolves are there?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:Coroner only gets to identify a dead body, and only once from what I understand, the seer is much more interesting to have alive and working with the guardian angel, but there's no sure-fire way for them to identify each other.

The problem with having the vigilante/coroner reveal themselves right away is that that means that we end up in a game where the GA is either protecting him every night so he doesn't get eaten, or he doesn't, hoping the wolves think he will, and then eventually the GA and/or seer get eaten or lynched, and then we just end up with one or two people we know are humans but who have no real way to identify other humans, leading the rest in creating bandwagons every day that are only informed by their own hunches, and the people whispering in their ear, very often wolves, trying to control the situation from the shadows.

Though I'm happy to go with Jordy's suggestion that we lynch the first person who spoke today (what with there not being much else to go on anyway), and, let me double-check this, it looks like that was Jordy!

I do not find it funny how people are abusing my joke for my own undoing. On a more serious note, This is what I suggest:

Coroner examines body, Guardian Angel protects coroner, both Seer and Vigilante claim to coroner.

Also, I retract my vote on feud and vote Xarlaxas [retracted]. As I find it a very awkward play to lynch the most active citizen and jump on a bandwagon for no good reason, claiming the same reason as the previous person. Feud didn't counter-vote me, so that actually pleas in his defense.
Unless Xarlaxas can come up with a more reasonable reason to vote me or anyone for that matter my vote will stay on him.

EDIT: I suspect people from meta-gaming here, unleashing there anger in a vote against the person they hate the most on these forums..
Last edited by Jordy... on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz fuck logic
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Jordy... wrote:Also, I retract my vote on feud

FYI, to do so I require you to edit the original vote so it's no longer in bold. As otherwise it makes counting the votes harder.

Neither of your votes will count until only one is in bold.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”