Jelco's TWG: Game over: Wolves win!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Ok, everyone who voted me, please state a reason other then bullshit.
Cuz fuck logic
User avatar
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Posts: 4667
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)
Contact:

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:58 pm

It seems microchip08 didn't (or wouldn't) count my vote against zjoere.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Image
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:59 pm

That's suspicious! I CALL FRAUD!
Cuz fuck logic
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:59 pm

And yea FEUD, for the sake of the game I promise not to post too many posts anymore, so unvote me please
Cuz fuck logic
microchip08
level5
level5
Posts: 1186
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:37 pm
Contact:

Postby microchip08 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:06 pm

shinygerbil wrote:It seems microchip08 didn't (or wouldn't) count my vote against zjoere.


I knew I'd missed something, but I couldn't find it when I read through it a second time. Sorry about that.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Jordy... wrote:And yea FEUD, for the sake of the game I promise not to post too many posts anymore, so unvote me please


You just did it, and you did it another time. But, if you won't do it from here on out, then fine. My vote for Jordy is retracted (not sure it will make a difference though, you've got a solid block voting for you).

Instead, I'll vote for Mas Tnega. Nothing beyond that he joined in the vote on me, and beyond this day I don't have any reason to suspect or vote for him (first day voting is always the worst).

Edit: Vote retracted.
Last edited by Feud on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
zjoere
level5
level5
Posts: 1623
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby zjoere » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:29 pm

shinygerbil wrote:zjoere's argument is rather suspicious. I can't think of a reason for the wolves to get rid of Jordy if he is causing this much disruption; better to keep him around to cause pandemonium. If he dies in the night I'll be very surprised. (If he even makes it to the night.) Oh, that and the random vote with no explanation.

Thus I say, lynch zjoere! If zjoere turns out to be a wolf, we will have much more information to go on, including his conspicuously not voting for Jordy.


Well it is pandemonium but even wolves will get frustrated by it I think. So the wolves could get some satisfaction from tearing the loudmouthed Jordy into tiny bloody pieces.

EDIT: there's another mistake in microchips list: Mas Tnega voted for Feud, not Jordy but is listed as voting for both.
If you make lists to help us try to make them accurate, otherwise we'll just get confused. And only a wolf would want us confused.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Postby DTNC Vicious » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Jordy... wrote:Ok, everyone who voted me, please state a reason other then bullshit.


This.
-Vic
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Wol- ehh town.. you are making a big mistake by killing me. I will not hand over the gun if you decide to lynch me.
Cuz fuck logic
User avatar
ynbniar
level5
level5
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Home again...

Postby ynbniar » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 am

shinygerbil wrote:zjoere's argument is rather suspicious. I can't think of a reason for the wolves to get rid of Jordy if he is causing this much disruption; better to keep him around to cause pandemonium. If he dies in the night I'll be very surprised. (If he even makes it to the night.) Oh, that and the random vote with no explanation.

Thus I say, lynch zjoere! If zjoere turns out to be a wolf, we will have much more information to go on, including his conspicuously not voting for Jordy.


Strange turn of phrase that...you're telling us all that a great wolf tactic would be to keep Jordy around and then you cast a vote that...helps keep Jordy around. If it wasn't day 1 I'd consider changing my vote :?
User avatar
Cooper42
level4
level4
Posts: 810
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:19 am

ynbniar wrote:
shinygerbil wrote:zjoere's argument is rather suspicious. I can't think of a reason for the wolves to get rid of Jordy if he is causing this much disruption; better to keep him around to cause pandemonium. If he dies in the night I'll be very surprised. (If he even makes it to the night.) Oh, that and the random vote with no explanation.

Thus I say, lynch zjoere! If zjoere turns out to be a wolf, we will have much more information to go on, including his conspicuously not voting for Jordy.


Strange turn of phrase that...you're telling us all that a great wolf tactic would be to keep Jordy around and then you cast a vote that...helps keep Jordy around. If it wasn't day 1 I'd consider changing my vote :?
Quite. But is Jordy disruptive or just annoying?

That being said, I'm suspiscious of anyone with any serious attempt to rationalise their choice on day one. Getting us suspiscious and arguing with nothing to go on only helps the wolves.

So far, most reasons have been entirely, deliberateley spurious or simply 'because Jordy's annoying' and 'yeah he is.'

shinygerbil and zjoere are the only people to have tried to cast suspiscions, to develop rationales, and to suggest any kind of divide amongst us.

Voting against a bandwagon for the sake of voting against a bandwagon: fine.
Voting against a bandwagon by attempting to turn the bandwagon into a divisive issue: very worrying.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 am

I don't get how I'm annoying, it certainly would be a bad tactic to lynch a townie just because he is annoying..? Imo there are far more suspicious people then me, I can tell you with 100% certainty I'm town, so really lynching me will put us at disadvantage immediately, we might even better not lynch..

For all those whose feelings I've hurt by annoying you, accept my goodwill gift: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc
Cuz fuck logic
User avatar
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Posts: 4667
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)
Contact:

Postby shinygerbil » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:12 am

ynbniar wrote:
shinygerbil wrote:zjoere's argument is rather suspicious. I can't think of a reason for the wolves to get rid of Jordy if he is causing this much disruption; better to keep him around to cause pandemonium. If he dies in the night I'll be very surprised. (If he even makes it to the night.) Oh, that and the random vote with no explanation.

Thus I say, lynch zjoere! If zjoere turns out to be a wolf, we will have much more information to go on, including his conspicuously not voting for Jordy.


Strange turn of phrase that...you're telling us all that a great wolf tactic would be to keep Jordy around and then you cast a vote that...helps keep Jordy around. If it wasn't day 1 I'd consider changing my vote :?
Why, do you know something about Jordy that I don't?

At the end of my post, I explained that we would possibly have more to go on if it turned out zjoere was a wolf. But, I just re-read the rules post and saw that there are no role revelations on death so...that's out the window then.

I still want the record to show that I voted for zjoere - his was the suspicious turn of phrase, not mine. My argument is sound, and anyway, Jordy is probably going to be the one getting lynched tonight. I'm fine with that given his frantic distracting posts, but I reckon Jordy is probably human (based on nothing more than his posts) so it's really a waste of a lynch in my opinion. zjoere is more likely to be the wolf.

Cooper42: If someone says something on Day 1, it still counts, even if it is Day 1. A wolf is a wolf even on Day 1.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm trying to help, not to distract, trust me. Look on this from my perspective, if I were werewolf I would be trying hard to get someone lynched I knew was not a wolf. And not risk exposure like I do now.

Did I jump on a bandwagon? Try to push a vote on someone? No, because I'm a damn townie. So if you are reasonable and want to win this, then please UNVOTE me.
Cuz fuck logic
User avatar
Cooper42
level4
level4
Posts: 810
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:36 pm

shinygerbil wrote:Cooper42: If someone says something on Day 1, it still counts, even if it is Day 1. A wolf is a wolf even on Day 1.
Yeah, but most of us have such precious little to go on and so have baulked at openly casting suspiscion in any meaningful way.

And so, zjoere's attempt to raise suspiscions by giving flaky reasoning was itself, very suspicious. Which I guess was your argument.

But contradicting yourself the way you did (stating Jordy's presence helps wolves, then not voting for Jordy) seems to suggest an attempt to turn the bandwagon into something divisive. Surely if you wanted to re-dress the bandwagon because you believe Jordy to be human (which I'm tempted to agree with giving his posting), the obvious choice would be to join the collection of votes around Feud?

But as the first to openly, and without subtlety, stir things up by trying to manipulate our suspsicions and then give such an odd vote without rationale...

I'm going to assume and/or hope this isn't some master plan between you and zjoere to confuzzle us all.
So, yeah, zjoere too. Not as an alternative vote to the almost-certain lynching of Jordy, but as a record that I think zjoere's interventions today have seemingly been deliberately the least helpful.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests