Jelco's TWG: Game over: Wolves win!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 am

Well, now I'm sad. :(

I was rather suspicious of Vicious (as you might have noticed) and believed trickser to be a wolf after his reaction to microchip's "cheating" appeared more in line with someone thinking they were screwed than a human annoyed at cheating. Though I admit that I thought he actually had dropped the game (and as such expected him to just die at the end of a day) as opposed to it just being a clever ruse, well done.

Though I believe I was the one that got the phelanpt bandwagon going >.>

Let's not take so much time until the next one :wink:

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, my last exam should be tomorrow, and I won't start classes until mid february. I would be willing to start a new game soon-ish if people are interested.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:21 am

Xocrates wrote:EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, my last exam should be tomorrow, and I won't start classes until mid february. I would be willing to start a new game soon-ish if people are interested.

Interest registered.

Cooper42 wrote:The Mas Tnega kill was because he seemed too savvy to leave alive...
Yay! I'm a danger to someone other than myself!
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:21 am

So Seitaro wasn't a stupid wolf, he was a stupid Seer, that sucked for us. :(

I was suspicious of xander after a few days of him not having been killed, but I guess that can be explained by the make-up of the wolf team!

Does back up my opinion of it probably being best to vote off the inactive people earlier though, if we'd done that with trickser we might have survived a little longer. . . .

I'd be up for another game too, though my classes are making me a bit busy I warn you now. :P
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 am

Wow, xander, you played horribly. I was sure you were the wolf from the very beginning.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 am

trickser wrote:My viewpoint: just an adequate response to cheating (and now jelco even admits to know about the set of problems around hashing PMs and not caring shit about it :roll: )

If that's what you think I meant, you really didn't understand my point. I don't consider it cheating since the method has some glaring flaws. If people can deliver a confirming hash obviously you know the PMs are identical and it proves your point, but if there's a mismatch you basically know nothing - it could be a different role, but it could also just be a mismatching human PM. Take into account that PMs for specials are always different from human PMs - even when the human PMs are all based on one single template, a mismatching hash just isn't enough to prove someone's not a human. What I did wasn't "not caring shit about it", it's saying players should be finding and pointing out these flaws themselves instead of saying the tactic's unfair/cheating.

I understand the meta aspect of the tactic might seem a little game-breaking, but as far as I'm concerned the whole discussion that erupted surrounding the tactic was far more game-breaking than the tactic itself could have ever been. Basically you called someone out on using meta tactics and then went all meta yourself trying to get people to turn on microchip08. So no, that's not an adequate response to what isn't even cheating - that's hypocritical.

Cooper42 wrote:Also, trickser was publicly inactive for two days !? Should he now have died this night?

Yes. I prioritized the game ending though.

Jelco
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:52 am

When Jordy got eaten right after I got lynched I figured it was going downhill quick. Things seemed to stall out though, much to my amusement.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:06 am

Heheh. Not at all surprised the wolves won. Not at all surprised that Viscious was a wolf; nor surprised that trickser was a wolf. Kinda guessed that Feud was a wolf, somehow, maybe that's just hindsight ;) Surprised that Cooper42 was a wolf.

Consider me very much down for another TWG.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:36 am

I'll play again and will try to be less trigger happy - no hard feelings for blowing your head off zjoere :wink:
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 pm

If only I'd protected myself again on Night 3 :P

Ah well, I had underestimated how much work exams were so only left enough time to make decisions based on reading through the day's comments, didn't do much analysing of votes or look over previous days. If we do another I shall be more prepared!
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:09 pm

ynbniar wrote:I'll play again and will try to be less trigger happy - no hard feelings for blowing your head off zjoere :wink:

No hard feelings from you since you were on the right side of the gun :wink:. I'm still flabbergasted about getting shot, how was I doing anything suspicious? I only had a high degree of certainty on vicious his wolfiness so I might not have added a lot anymore to the rest of the game.
I'd be up for a new one too.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Im just glad i survived :)
-Vic
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Xocrates wrote:(...) believed trickser to be a wolf after his reaction to microchip's "cheating" appeared more in line with someone thinking they were screwed than a human annoyed at cheating. .

This. He was clearly a wolf after that outtake.
Xocrates wrote:Let's not take so much time until the next one :wink:

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, my last exam should be tomorrow, and I won't start classes until mid february. I would be willing to start a new game soon-ish if people are interested.

In!

I'm surprised the wolves didn't pick up on Jordy's antics. I thought I could at least get some confusion going... After Jordy was killed, I tried some traitor antics on IRC, hoping to be contacted by wolves, but no such luck.
My sudded changes of votes were all because of pm/irc contacts, first saving Jordy to establish my wolfishness to him( which got us a wolf, yay!), and second I was in contact with shiny to try and save my own skin.
I got a hash pm, and was able to pass the info on Jordy to two humans. While I agree that a mismatch tells you nothing, a match confirms humans, and might be game breaking. I posted the role pms everyone would get in my game because of this, since I don't much like the tactic. You could also send different PMs, but that's harder to do.
However, once the rules were posted, you either play by them, or don't even play at all. The rules allowed the hashing, and therefore, it was a valid tactic.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:20 am

You people and your filthy, filthy backstage dealings. I wouldn't mind but I'm pretty much never in on them.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:25 am

jelco wrote:Basically you called someone out on using meta tactics and then went all meta yourself trying to get people to turn on microchip08.

1st - Actually basic was the poor game design, which made it possible at all, so I don't see how you can dare to turn it against me.
2nd - I tried to get microchip lynched to express my anger not because I believed it would work.
3rd - I only went potentially meta, even thought I knew I wouldn't leave the game for next 2 days and might have been thinking about how to use that, I made no attempt to come back to the game.

Which brings me to point 4

jelco wrote:
Cooper42 wrote:Also, trickser was publicly inactive for two days !? Should he now have died this night?

Yes. I prioritized the game ending though.

You prioritized the winning condition about gameplay related rules, again a nuts job of you. And in the end that makes me look like a dirty meta-gamer.
Last edited by trickser on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 am

Thought it may have been you as traitor once IRC. But another time the /whois really threw us (some college in New Jersey?)

Anyway, also in for another game if Xocrates is gonna run one.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”