Jelco's TWG: Game over: Wolves win!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:45 am

trickser wrote:You prioritized the winning condition about gameplay related rules, again a nuts job of you. And in the end that makes me look like a dirty meta-gamer.
Wolves won legitimately by that point.

End of day: Human and Wolf die (3H2W)
End of night: No GA; Human dies (2H2W)
Wolves win anyway.

Or did you mean that you would have been voted instead?
End of day: Wolf dies (4H2W)
End of night: No GA; Human dies (3H2W)
End of day: Any human vote for a human practically loses the game, split votes between both wolves leaves it to chance: Humans lose.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:48 am

trickser wrote:1st - Actually basic was the poor game design, which made it possible at all, so I don't see how you can dare to turn it against me.
2nd - I tried to get microchip lynched to express my anger not because I believed it would work.
3rd - I only went potentially meta, even thought I knew I wouldn't leave the game for next 2 days and might have been thinking about how to use that, I made no attempt to come back to the game.

You call it poor game design, but we're run umpteen games here without any rules in place for this occasion and people were perfectly capable of working with/around this. What in the end proved game-breaking is the big fuss you made about it. It's perfectly possible to deal with this without having to openly call cheating and still not making yourself look explicitly suspicious. If anything the first logical thing would have been to contact the GM (i.e. me) about whether or not I'd consider it cheating - first doing this in public and then contacting me leaves me with absolutely no way to deal with it even if I wanted to.

My main point: any way you look at it, tactics like these all also have the goal of stirring up reactions by which people try to judge which role you are - in that regard you didn't do a very good job (hell if you hadn't gone public about it no-one but microchip and whomever he contacted would know, instead everyone knew). As far as the rules go it's plain and simple: I'm not changing rules halfway through a game. The fact that this is a rule which I probably wouldn't even change at the beginning of a game is just an additional feature of the debate.

jelco wrote:You prioritized the winning condition about gameplay related rules, again a nuts job of you. And in the end that makes me look like a dirty meta-gamer.

Removing inactive players is not a 'gameplay-related' rule. It's a bonus feature I inserted myself to keep the game going if players fall off the face off the earth. It has nothing to do with the original game rules and should not interfere with them. Hence, there's absolutely nothing 'nuts' about it.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
DinoSteve
level3
level3

Postby DinoSteve » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:30 am

trickser wrote:
jelco wrote:Basically you called someone out on using meta tactics and then went all meta yourself trying to get people to turn on microchip08.

1st - Actually basic was the poor game design, which made it possible at all, so I don't see how you can dare to turn it against me.
2nd - I tried to get microchip lynched to express my anger not because I believed it would work.
3rd - I only went potentially meta, even thought I knew I wouldn't leave the game for next 2 days and might have been thinking about how to use that, I made no attempt to come back to the game.

Which brings me to point 4

jelco wrote:
Cooper42 wrote:Also, trickser was publicly inactive for two days !? Should he now have died this night?

Yes. I prioritized the game ending though.

You prioritized the winning condition about gameplay related rules, again a nuts job of you. And in the end that makes me look like a dirty meta-gamer.

Wow, what a baby. Got his cake and ate it (i.e. wolves won) yet still wants to throw all his toys out of the pram. Grow up.
The above post is not intended as an attack on you. It's not about making you look stupid for not searching. It merely states the facts. Please don't be offended.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Cooper42 wrote:Thought it may have been you as traitor once IRC. But another time the /whois really threw us (some college in New Jersey?)

Anyway, also in for another game if Xocrates is gonna run one.

That was Phelanpt over Tor.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31 pm

For the record, did I actually win as a traitor? Because I did kinda make phelanpt get lynched by making him switch his vote to Feud on last second to save me.
Cuz fuck logic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 pm

To win is to survive. You did not do this.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:44 pm

So everyone who died lost? Including the dead wolves?
Cuz fuck logic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”