Jelco's TWG: Game over: Wolves win!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:02 pm

One-hour warning!

The day will end at 21:00 GMT. Get your votes in before then.

Jelco
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Changing my vote to trickser.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Also doing same to save my own skin!

trickser
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 pm

So I am forced to change to phelanpt
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Tie of Phelanpt / trickser, 4 each, if I've counted correctly. Anyone care to break the tie? :D

This reminds me of what happens when the victory timer starts in a Diplo match...

Edit: I have no idea how it is physically possible for me to be as bad at counting as I am. Phelanpt 4, trickser 3.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Yeah i care to change my vote to phelanpt, seems like he's trying to cover up his tail.[/b]
-Vic
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:13 pm

You guys really like the danger of letting chance decide, don't you? Well, fortunately it didn't come to this, but your faithful democracy has picked Phelanpt. Let's hope for your sake that it's not misguided.

And let's not forget Seitaro, who was found dead this evening in his home. It seems he suffered a heart attack - I guess that explains his silence the last two days...

Day 2 ends! Night 2 ends January 15th 21:00 GMT!

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Get...that...trai...tor...
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Well, an early rise can't hurt. Early, but still too late to prevent the murder apparently - it seems the werewolves went medieval on Mas Tnega tonight.

You're down 5 men right now. How many more to go...?

Day 3 starts! The day ends January 17th, 20:00 GMT

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:49 pm

It sure was an eventful last hour yesterday. I'll have to let everything sink in a bit before drawing any conclusions and casting a vote.

EDIT: another attempt to see some patterns in the voting. Before the last hour switcheroos we had:

EDIT2: look at cooper's post for a correct count.
Last edited by zjoere on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:53 pm

That list is wrong.

trickser voted for shinygerbil at the end, you have him listed twice there as voting for both phelanpt and shunygerbiul in the last count.

And you missed Viscious who was the last vote counted and he went for Phelanpt. Possibly as a result of microchip's incorrect counting. Still, a veryodd move, as he had expressed no real opinion between either of them at any point before, so if he had thought it was a tie, why intervene?

By my reckoning, yesterdays voting was as follows:

xander - DTNC Viscious
Xocrates - MrBunsy (redac) Phelanpt
Phelanpt - Seitaro (redac) trickser (redac) shinygerbil (redac) trickser
trickser - shinygerbil (redac) Phelanpt
Mas Tnega - Phelanpt
zjoere - xander (redac)
Viscious - xander (redac) Phelanpt
ynbniar - shinygerbil
microchip - Seitaro (redac) Phelanpt
Xarlaxas - shinygerbil
MrBunsy - trickser
Cooper - Phelanpt
shinygerbil - Phelanpt (redac) trickser

Prior to one hour warning, the three lynch contenders were at:
shinygerbil
Xarlaxas
ynbniar
Phelanpt (having just changed from trickser)
trickser

Phelanpt
Mas Tnega
Cooper
Xocrates
microchip
shinygerbil

trickser
MrBunsy
(Phelanpt -was- here, before he voted for shinygerbil)

Post one-hour-warning changes:
shinygerbil
Xarlaxas
ynbniar

Phelanpt
Mas Tnega
Cooper
Xocrates
microchip
trickser
Viscious

trickser
MrBunsy
shinygerbil
Phelanpt

Phelanpt's move to trickser was without rationale, and was a dangerous move given that one more vote for shinygerbil made it a tie. This was Phelanpt on form; voting to tip scales at the last minute and rarely giving proper reasoning for his choices was his style.

shinygerbil moved to trickser, which was odd given his earlier vote for Phelanpt was a good place for his vote to be.
There was no need for him to shift votes to save his skin, which was his given reason, as his vote was already in the best place for self-preservation. Which suggests that there was another reason for moving, possibly the same reason Phelanpt moved.

Viscious' move was very dubious. Protecting someone?

Both Phelanpt's and shinygerbil's last minute changes could not have had personal self-preservation as their driving force, for their best choice for saving themselves would have been to vote for one another. Which suggests they were working together to try and save both of them.

Which means either Phelanpt did have something important to share, and did share it, at the last minute, with shinygerbil. In which case trickser and viscious look really shifty.

Or they were already on the same team and paniced, trying to save both of them rather than lose one of them (which would mean that a poor - but often used - wolf tactic of voting for one another backfired somewhat...)
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:37 am

Right, since I'm unsure how much time I'll have available during the current day, I'm going to go on a bit of a limb and toss my vote towards DTNC Vicious, mostly because his dodgy justifications and jumping on bandwagons suggests (bad) wolf play.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks for the corrections cooper. It turns out I'm not that great at counting either. I'm leaning towards lynching trickser or vicious at the moment. But there's still a lot of time left so I'll just wait, sit and watch what happens.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 am

On day 2 I recieved a PMed with a hash of he "You are a human" message and was asked do the same, so we could doubtlessly identify each other as humans. I refused because its cheating.

It corrupts the premise of the game, which is: we cant know for sure what our roles are.
It corrupts his ability to judge, as players who refuse to cooperate in cheating will be suspect just for not cheating.
It corrupts my ability to choose a motive for my acting, as he has put me in the dilemma of public explaining why I don't wanna cheat to his cheating buddies and therefor forcing me to a defensive move. That furthermore makes me suspect to the non-cheating players and I cant think of a way to not be defensive, regardless of my initial role.
Last edited by trickser on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:29 pm

trickser:

according to you, microchip confirmed to you that he is a human.

You don't like the premise of what he asked of you, and I can see your point. Though I'm not sure what you mean by 'hash'.

I'm not convinced there's any totally foolproof way for us to contact one another with guarantees that we're human. If microchip knows a way that cannot be faked, I'd be surprised.

If you feel this is cheating the obvious thing to do is run it by Jelco.

In anycase, you have someone confirming to you they are a human. And so you vote for them?

Either you think they are spreading lies and hiding the fact they are a wolf, and so should say so.
Or you are purposely voting for someone you -know- to be a human.

Whether you like their style or not, voting for someone you think is a human is very, very worrying. The primacy of the group is important here. We need humans alive, regardless of whether we get on with them individually.

You and viscious are looking really very wolfy right now.

That being said, I'll do as I have done on the other two days and wait a bit before voting. Personally I'm wary of people who make voting decisions early on in a day's discussions to get balls rolling early (I'll let Xocrates pass on this if, as he claims, he's going to be away), and so will apply that to myself too.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”