4-way ties are at best a free day for wolves and at worst a humanity-dividing clusterfuck. This is because the best thing that can happen is that a human dies. Obvious, yes but now consider the following:
- How likely that is to happen on its own?
- How easy is it to force it?
- How likely is it that they would need to?
- How the hell do you get information from a 4-way tie?
- I'd guess at 75%
- The wolf team needs only exercise the rest of its voting muscle anywhere else in the tie. In a two-way, this would be obvious but in a four-way, it's actually suspicious to not do it.
- One wolf is fairly likely but increasingly easy to handle for wolves to handle with each way introduced. Two is like hoping to be dealt 20s in Blackjack: Strong if and when it comes up but not worth building your entire strategy around it.
- You don't. Spreading the votes thin reduces the effort required get a wolf out of the situation and it all blends in easily with actual human behaviour.
I just don't think it warrants attempting.
I really can't agree with the voting at the moment. Lynching Seitaro's just a waste of a day (don't think I didn't notice Xarlaxas resolving to vote for him when the reason for suspecting him becomes irrelevant
) and the reasoning for voting xander is just a weak appeal to hypocrisy. Actually, while we're on that topic:
DTNC Vicious wrote:how did i not make a reason on my last vote
You wrote "I agree", paraphrased zjoere's interpretation of xander's reasoning and then voted xander. None of these three actions qualify as original thought let alone giving your own reasons for your actions.
I really don't know what to say about the shinygerbil votes. One's not-random-honest and the other's the product of an aggressive nitpicking campaign.
Needless to say, I stand by my own vote.