[Minecraft] Introversion Server

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

World Reset when Minecraft 1.2 has stabilised?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 am

Never!
No votes
No, but will accept if necessary
No votes
No strong opinions either way
31%
Yes, but not required
38%
Please!
31%

Total votes: 13
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Added orangejuice195 to whitelist.

We don't mind you asking for more people to be added, by the way :)
Anticon
level0

Postby Anticon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi,
could you add me to the white list please.

Minecraft id : ndeewolfwood
IS forums id : Anticon
Defcon ID : calavera, twoism, lighting meadow, Anticon
Steam and Multiwinia Id : cureedecampagne

Thanks
Ilenius
level1
level1

Postby Ilenius » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:23 pm

Hey, is anyone up for a trip to The End? The portal is at about -860/150, but needs about eight more Eyes of Ender to be activated. We could go as a larger group, equip everyone with a pumpkin, bow and arrows, and kill the dragon! :) We should schedule a time when everyone who wants to come can make it. Like maybe this weekend or the next?

----

Edit: Zach, by the way, if you find the time: There's an update for minecraft-overviewer that supports the new blocks in 1.2.4.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Anticon wrote:could you add me to the white list please.

Seems fine, but I have no way of verifying your involvement with the IV community, and while your join date is decent enough, your post count means I have no idea who you are.

Could you possibly have someone a bit more known to the community vouch for you - or refer me to material detailing your involvement with this community? :)

I apologise for the strictness, and hope finding someone to vouch for you will be just a formality.

Ilenius wrote:Edit: Zach, by the way, if you find the time: There's an update for minecraft-overviewer that supports the new blocks in 1.2.4.

The issue is not with the minecraft-overviewer (that is compiled from the latest source code before every render), but rather with the static terrain.png on the server.

Do you know of a reliable place to fetch an up-to-date version of terrain.png from, periodically?

Either way, I have manually replaced the terrain.png on the server with one that contains the blocks added in 1.2.4.
The map should display these properly after tomorrow morning's render.
Anticon
level0

Postby Anticon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:39 am

Code: Select all

I apologise for the strictness, and hope finding someone to vouch for you will be just a formality.

No problems, sound fair.
Tomorow or very soon somebody will contact you about this.
Thanks for the quick reply.
:D
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:13 am

Anticon wrote:

Code: Select all

No problems, sound fair.
Tomorow or very soon somebody will contact you about this.
Thanks for the quick reply.
:D

I can vouch for his Defcon play, I've seen him a few times. But that's all I know.
Ilenius
level1
level1

Postby Ilenius » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:57 am

zach wrote:The issue is not with the minecraft-overviewer (that is compiled from the latest source code before every render), but rather with the static terrain.png on the server.

Right, I thought the terrain came with the package. My bad. New block types aren't very common anyway, so this isn't a big problem. Thanks for doing the update!
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:47 pm

I became sick of the sheep farm being on the other side of the project, with all the back and forth and whatnot, so I made a new sheep farm right next to the storage hut! http://minecraft.introversion.co.uk/map ... /0/max/0/0

Any objections?

It it *slightly* larger than the old one (perhaps too large) and a few other tweaks might be needed... but generally, it's much better than having to go all the way to the other one.

Also, we have four and a half double-chests of green wool now! Gathering wool is currently the main priority, because once we're done with that we can make and use iron tools without fear that there won't be enough left for the shears. This will make the digging much faster and much less excruciating! So please, if anyone has some spare time, SHEAR SHEAR SHEAR!!

Edit: Oh also, a jukebox with all the music discs has been placed there for your convenience. :)
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:22 pm

I would quite like to play on the server if there is space. I am sure someone can vouch for me.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:02 am

NeatNit wrote:I became sick of the sheep farm being on the other side of the project, with all the back and forth and whatnot, so I made a new sheep farm right next to the storage hut! http://minecraft.introversion.co.uk/map ... /0/max/0/0

Any objections?

...the other farm was of sufficient size, possibly too large. This one is four times its size.
I object on grounds of it being inefficent to use a structure so huge.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Can someone who has me on Steam just shout "MINECRAFT!!!" at me every once in a while? I'd like to start playing again.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:04 pm

RabidZombie wrote:Can someone who has me on Steam just shout "MINECRAFT!!!" at me every once in a while? I'd like to start playing again.

Do the same for me!
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

I've been playing the Technic pack lately and the quarries from BuildCraft are awesome, especially when combined with an Energy Condenser from Equivalent Exchange using pipes. *hint*
Last edited by Montyphy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Add qingy to the list of whitelisted players. Friend of mine.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:52 pm

qingy added

Return to “Introversion Lounge”