[Minecraft] Introversion Server

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

World Reset when Minecraft 1.2 has stabilised?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 am

Never!
No votes
No, but will accept if necessary
No votes
No strong opinions either way
31%
Yes, but not required
38%
Please!
31%

Total votes: 13
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Triple.

Back in April, I downloaded the world from the server to recover the Dragon Egg. So I rendered that up with the overviewer to find unexplored chunks. Took me 3 plains to find a damn horse :? but after reaching, like, here or something, I found a couple! And their son!

The colt died of suffocation of course. I've no clue how minecraft sells with all this shittiness. But the two adults have made it to the animal farm safely, have been tamed (but not saddled), and bred to form one child. I thought children are supposed to have better stats than their parents, but this one has less health than either of them (which is the only stat I was able to check right now). Meh.

Anyway, I don't know if a tamed horse is tied to the player or not. But I can always create more horses using golden carrots, so if anyone needs any, just ask. They're in the farm near the spawn for now, but that doesn't make them public... if you can breed them though, be my guest.
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:36 pm

NeatNit wrote:Triple.

Back in April, I downloaded the world from the server to recover the Dragon Egg. So I rendered that up with the overviewer to find unexplored chunks. Took me 3 plains to find a damn horse :? but after reaching, like, here or something, I found a couple! And their son!

The colt died of suffocation of course. I've no clue how minecraft sells with all this shittiness. But the two adults have made it to the animal farm safely, have been tamed (but not saddled), and bred to form one child. I thought children are supposed to have better stats than their parents, but this one has less health than either of them (which is the only stat I was able to check right now). Meh.

Anyway, I don't know if a tamed horse is tied to the player or not. But I can always create more horses using golden carrots, so if anyone needs any, just ask. They're in the farm near the spawn for now, but that doesn't make them public... if you can breed them though, be my guest.

Horse/donkey are not tied to the player, anyone could mount it and take it and horse do drown one of the reasons I have to build a few bridges. also the issues your having is due to bukkit that's why I run pure vanilla less bugs.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm talking about the server which is and always has been pure vanilla. I have also never modded my client, ever. Minecraft is a pile of shit, piling up on top of itself each and every update.
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:57 pm

NeatNit wrote:I'm talking about the server which is and always has been pure vanilla. I have also never modded my client, ever. Minecraft is a pile of shit, piling up on top of itself each and every update.

Not being an ass but i doubt its vanilla. you cant place dynmap, any mapping plugin or world protection on a vanilla server.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:38 pm

It uses an external tool to render the map and it only reads the world data, doesn't interact with the minecraft server process in any way.

It's completely 100% pure vanilla.
Ilenius
level1
level1

Postby Ilenius » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:07 pm

I'd love to see the overviewer map update again (especially since the DG is now almost done (Great job, NeatNit & Co)). Anything that can be done about it, Elyon?
Elyon
level1
level1

Postby Elyon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:41 am

tabasco boy wrote:Not being an ass but i doubt its vanilla.

It is vanilla.

The IRC Relay and the map rendering (or current lack thereof) are external tools that interface with the vanilla server, retaining its delicious vanillaness.

Ilenius wrote:I'd love to see the overviewer map update again (especially since the DG is now almost done (Great job, NeatNit & Co)). Anything that can be done about it, Elyon?

Well, you can poke me whenever Minecraft Overviewer works with 1.6 :)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 am

Ilenius wrote:.. (Great job, NeatNit & Co) ..

It was actually mostly Ebola (AndHab on minecraft) :)
I didn't touch any green wool.

Elyon:
this is their IRC channel topic, as of right now:
Overviewer <http://overviewer.org> | <github: http://ovr.so/code> <docs: http://ovr.so/docs> | If nobody is around, stay a while! I promise we're here! | 1.6 support is now in master! | Windows downloads are now available for 1.6.1! <http://ovr.so/downloads> | Questions in German? Feel free to ask CounterPillow if he's around!

Edit: server needs an update.
Elyon
level1
level1

Postby Elyon » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Server has been updated to Minecraft 1.6.2.

Enjoy :)
Ebola
level3
level3

Postby Ebola » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Back from holiday!

Working all of this week though so I'll restart my quest when I am able to. :shock:
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Made a stupid little video.

Actually, who's up for a get-together?
Ebola
level3
level3

Postby Ebola » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:34 pm

NeatNit wrote:Made a stupid little video.

Actually, who's up for a get-together?

Seeing that you've reached the arms made me feel really guilty about having to get up for work at 5.30am today and yesterday :s
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 pm

But... You were there.. :?:

I just finished the bricks and starter the water. that's all.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Progress

Postby NeatNit » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Current progress:

All wool is in place! (except the roof)

Nearly done with the fire protection!

Come pay a visit. :D

At the bottom of each leg there is an elevator. To use this elevator, look up at the minecart next to the wall and hold right-click.

DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR WHILE HOLDING:
  • Any placeable block (dirt, gravel, brick, etc) or item (button, ladder, etc).
  • A bow.
  • A bucket filled with water or lava.
  • An egg, snowball or similar throwable object.
  • Anything else that does anything on right-click, or otherwise you think has a chance to go wrong.
Additionally:
  • The elevator may not work when holding food or a sword.
  • If you must disconnect while inside one of the minecarts, press SHIFT to exit from the minecart and only then disconnect - this way the minecart does not disappear with you.
  • If you seem to get stuck in the middle, or cannot start at all, try to reconnect. Sometimes you cannot enter a minecart for no reason.
  • If you suspect one of the minecarts is inhabited by a mob, please attempt to suffocate the mob using, preferably, dirt.
  • Please be careful.[size=0] This thing is a bitch to fix.[/size]

On the way down, simply enter the pipe right next to the elevator. This will land you safely.

There's also the #minecraft channel on uplinkcorp for those of you who care about IRC.
Elyon
level1
level1

Re: [Minecraft] Introversion Server

Postby Elyon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 pm

I have been looking into fixing the map.

However, I get an error describing how Overviewer can't find the region 'default'. I have also tried manually setting the region to render as 'overworld' and 'region', but no juice.

Any ideas?

Return to “Introversion Lounge”