[Minecraft] Introversion Server

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

World Reset when Minecraft 1.2 has stabilised?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 am

Never!
No votes
No, but will accept if necessary
No votes
No strong opinions either way
31%
Yes, but not required
38%
Please!
31%

Total votes: 13
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:58 am

zach wrote:EDIT: NeatNit and I have started construction according to the plan above.
More or less.

Edit: Night map does update beyond the limit, is this intentional?
Sobek999
level0

Postby Sobek999 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 am

So, I'd like to be whitelisted on the IV server. While my profile doesn't reflect it anymore, I've been here for quite awhile.
Before the absence that eliminated my UN -- Making me have to re-register -- I had the Darwinia, DEFCON, and Multiwinia beta test badges and I had my near-decade loyalty badge. I was a part of the Uplink community before the Uplink 1.2 'Nakatomi' patch(I even made an angry thread because they waited until the last hour of the day to release it). I've had arguments and wonderful discussions with random people on IRC like elDiablo. Hell, I even contributed logos to the Uplink corp logo competition... Wish I still had those files...
Now I run my own MC server, have a YT channel, and do all that loveliness so I'd really like to be added to the whitelist.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Sobek999 wrote:So, I'd like to be whitelisted on the IV server. While my profile doesn't reflect it anymore, I've been here for quite awhile.
Before the absence that eliminated my UN -- Making me have to re-register -- I had the Darwinia, DEFCON, and Multiwinia beta test badges and I had my near-decade loyalty badge. I was a part of the Uplink community before the Uplink 1.2 'Nakatomi' patch(I even made an angry thread because they waited until the last hour of the day to release it). I've had arguments and wonderful discussions with random people on IRC like elDiablo. Hell, I even contributed logos to the Uplink corp logo competition... Wish I still had those files...
Now I run my own MC server, have a YT channel, and do all that loveliness so I'd really like to be added to the whitelist.

Who did you used to be? Please say beno!

xander
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm

It could have been on the forums but I think beno would have more remembered Cleone/ChuGirlAthena seeing how much she took the piss out of him for talking about doing loop-de-loops at 10,000ft.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:51 am

Sobek999 wrote:So, I'd like to be whitelisted on the IV server.

You make a compelling case. Who were you, though? You failed to mention your previous identity.

Furthermore, what is your Minecraft username?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Okay so, we're stupid. We made a general floor plan for the nether without ever really going into the specifics, and then went straight into Minecraft trying to execute it. It didn't go to well.

So I made this:

Imagenetherportalmap1.pdn
FileSmelt

It's a little different from what we already have, so we'll have to re-do that, but I think it's worth it :D

You will be encouraged to make your own portal room unique, and that walkway in the middle of the loop is there for anyone to do whatever they want with it :)

Could anyone help me with making this?
Ilenius
level1
level1

Postby Ilenius » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Ops, the coordinates of the village portal are wrong. It should be -2387/-561 and -298/-70. Sorry about that, hope there aren't any more big mistakes.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Ilenius wrote:Ops, the coordinates of the village portal are wrong. It should be -2387/-561 and -298/-70. Sorry about that, hope there aren't any more big mistakes.
What did you say they were before?

Edit: Oh I see, 70 instead of -70. I'll fix that in the map, good thing we didn't even get close to there yet :)

Edit: It's possible to add a dispenser with minecarts for each station. It would have a button above it which would put a minecart on the track. Should I do this? It's a bit of extra work and resources, and my guess is people won't use it a lot and at some point dispensers would just remain empty. So I'm going with no. Anyone?

Edit: <outdated plan with mistake>
netherportalmap2.pdn
FileSmelt

Edit: I found a mistake I made with Ilenius' coords. I switched x and z. Whoops.
Here is the fixed plan. Also I re-calculated all the coords after finding out that I calculated them all wrong. (300, 300) is (0, 0), (299, 299) is (-0, -0), and (298, 298) is (-1, -1), etc.
netherportalmap3.pdn

Fix'd coords alone:

As always, FileSmelt.

Could anyone give me a hand with building this?
Sobek999
level0

Postby Sobek999 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:30 pm

No one special, just someone who's been around awhile.

When I realized what had happened to my name I contacted IV for help. I received a reply from Will telling me to 'Try re registering to the forums'... Logically, I decided to go with my name and it was available; sadly, without my previous badges.

I am Sobek999! That is, in actuality, my MC name as well.

EDIT: Gods, how sexy it would have been to have all my other badges AND my two dev badges. I never got the dev stuff, I'm no coder. Being a loyal IV supporter, though, I couldn't pass up the chance to get some Steam codes as gifts for people I know so I picked up their Humble Bundle too. I have my hard copies in their sexy tin, no need for me to have Steam versions.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:27 pm

I am sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. You have now been added to the whitelist.

Play nice, enjoy :)
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Server updated to Minecraft 1.3.1.
Ilenius
level1
level1

Postby Ilenius » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Yay, the 1.3 update is a great one! So far I haven't found any pyramids or emerald ore on the server, but they should spawn in the old world we have, right?

The map doesn't seem to update very frequently. What do you think the issue there is?
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:36 am

I think Pyramids and Ore only spawns in newly generated chunks, sadly.

However, we should be able to trade other stuff in for emeralds with villagers.

I really don't know what's up with the map. One of these days I'll probably set everything up from scratch, again.

-

Incidentally, I have had a thought.

Minecraft 1.3 brings with it Adventure Mode. This may be quite useful in allowing public access to the server, and only setting regular gamemode (gamemode 0) for the trusted members.

That would allow everyone to see what we've built, and would mean people wouldn't have to wait for an operator to white-list them to just see what is on the server.

There are a few griefing vectors, though:

1. Bringing creepers near constructions, and making them explode.
2. Stealing from chests.
3. Possibly other vectors.

What are people's thoughts on opening the server to the public through Adventure Mode?
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:22 am

Double Post

How about having a secondary server that runs the newest snapshot, and resets the world on each snapshot?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:27 am

I'm not sure we have enough active people to justify it.

Though I think it might be worth considering if you set it to creative, since that allows to play with all the new toys freely.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”