I want to support Introversion, but...

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Gmr Leon
level0

I want to support Introversion, but...

Postby Gmr Leon » Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 pm

To get a packaged copy outside of the U.K., it's about $31. A digital download directly from them is $15. On Steam it's $10.

I want my money to go directly to them, because I think they're awesome. I imagine other people would as well, yet the prices are probably enough to put people off to get the Steam version instead. I have no idea if they get all the money from Steam purchases, but I get the feeling they don't. Is there any particular reason it's more expensive to get it from them directly, as opposed to getting it through Steam? I can understand the pricing of the physical copy, as I think they have to do all the printing and packaging themselves in that area, but I'm not sure why the digital download would be a bit more expensive.

I would specify a single game, but this is pretty much the same for all of them, since they're the same price.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue May 17, 2011 7:27 am

Steam doesnt get that much of your money, but you could consider the extra cost of buying it direct the cost of drm free software*.

Or you can do what I do, and buy a copy from each source. I own 3 copies of both darwinia and multiwinia.
(The only other company I show this level of loyalty to is Egosoft)

*Product keys notwithstanding.
Gmr Leon
level0

Postby Gmr Leon » Tue May 24, 2011 1:40 am

That strikes me as a bit much...And I don't know anyone who'd like a copy of Darwinia off the top of my head.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue May 24, 2011 4:36 am

Well then to keep it simple, if you use steam religiously then get it from there. If you're like me and hate steam (drm/stuffs up offline etc.) then get it direct.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”