Minecraft Sucession game: Diary

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Minecraft Sucession game: Diary

Postby Xocrates » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Right, I decided to provide updates on each day playing the Sucession game. So let's begin.

Day 0 Map:

End of Day 1 Map:

Sped up gameplay videos (8x except when I'm about to die (Part 2 at 1:40 and 4:43)):

WARNING: Long, boring, and headache inducing

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:47 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

At this point I'm a bit undecided between rebuilding or passing it on. Mostly because I was actually wrapping things up prior to the fire as I had pretty much finished all my goals.

I may try to rebuild though, given that I still have plenty of time.

But still :(

By the way, you guys want me keep posting those videos or are they too tedious to be interesting?
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:11 am

The videos are a bit long. I feel like there should be a better to show progress, but I am not sure what that could be. :(
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:21 am

If you're going to pass it on, can it be to RabidZombie next rather than me. I have a busy couple of weeks coming up, followed by a month long holiday where I'll have plnety of time to build epic minecraft constructions ;)

What exactly happened to the house? :(
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:53 am

cheesemoo0 wrote:The videos are a bit long. I feel like there should be a better to show progress, but I am not sure what that could be. :(

I'll probably start doing highlight videos as opposed to the fast forward ones, seems like a saner idea. I'll likely not upload more until the end of my turn though.

martin wrote:What exactly happened to the house? :(

I was playing with a bit of netherack nearby, but the fire went trough a dirt overhang and into a nearby tree. The forest was too tightly packed for me to do anything. :cry:

Anyway, I'll probably spend today, and maybe tomorrow, in rebuilding efforts. I'll pass it on to Rabidzombie afterwards then.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Right-o. Finished rebuilding my place, replanted most of the forest...

... and got stuck on the Nether :P

So, while I left a few things unfinished, I'm going to call that my official ending (unofficially, I played a bit more in order to restore the proper portal functionality, which bizarrely seems to have placed a third portal somewhat randomly in the world).

The save game is now back at Spawn with full health and an empty inventory. I shall be sending it RabidZombie's way shortly.

In the meantime, yesterday's and today's full maps:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:08 pm

cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Haha, sad day. What were you trying to do playing with fire anyway?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:00 pm

I was checking if I could use it as an incinerator (which is why I was throwing seeds at it). Eventually I decided to go with lava since the burning sound at the mine entrance was a bit distracting :P

I found it a bit bullshit that the fire somehow travelled through 2 layers of dirt and an overall distance of 3 though.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:07 pm

That was amazingly funny.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:05 am

I dind't get as much time as I expected this week to work on minecraft, so unfortunately I didn't quite finish my construction. I was planning on having two more lava pillars , and the putting a roof on it, with the inner ceiling made of glass holding up a sheet of lava for lighting. Finally I was hoping to find enough glowstone to coat the entire floor, but I doubt that's ever going to happen!

The inhabited part of the world:

The entire world

So, during my section I explored the tree house, which is awesome by the way. I stole the stone from the storage containers on the hilltop tower thing, built myself a platform with the stone, hollowed out the mountain under the tower thing to get some more stone, builf the pillars and the roof paths, strip mined a beach and hollowed out some more mountain to get coal, extended the mine by the treehouse to find some lava, and laid two of the four planned lava pillars.

For anyone who's wondering how safe it is to live in that place overnight: It's not. Three of the edges overhang cliffs and are completely safe, but one edge leads to a gentle hill which enemies can spawn on and climb up, also the roof ledges are completely unlit and spiders just *love* to spawn up there. I think my first course of action next time will be to light the roof and dig out that one remaining hill, which should make the entire place perfectly safe overnight. Once it has a glowstone floor and lava lighting overhead I can't imagine anything will spawn in there!

Final thought: I have a few hours of mind numbingly boring videos which show all the boring bits of me looking around, and adding finishing touches to the lava pillars. I forgot to record the actual construction of most of the thing itself. I'll keep them around to add some clips into any kind of final compilation video we make, but I don't think anyone would be interested in watching the raw videos right now. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'll certainly upload them for you :)
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:10 am

I've got the map, and we began exploration today. We'd barely made it to the giant tree before we ran into four wolves, who we quickly tamed. If you haven't played with wolves, they are the cutest things ever. With Sophie and Edgar at my heels, and Revan and Malak flanking my brother, we set out to the next continents. I could go into great detail about how they'd play in the water, or find a nearby sheep and maul it in seconds, or sit patiently while we'd cut down the trees, or beg adorably for scraps of pig, or how they could hold off entire swarms of monsters to protect each other, but in the end...

That's not as important.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”