Jelco's TWG! - Game over, wolves win!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:42 am

The reason I didn't assume a GA save happened last night is because I am myself the GA. Confessing to this is a last ditch effort to avoid getting lynched. You may decide to believe me or not, I leave it all up to you.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:59 am

Who have you attempted to save?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 am

There's an easy (although not fool-proof) way to check if he's speaking the truth.

I hereby call all living human specials to PM me with their roles. I am the only confirmed human (in all honesty, who would give ME the gun?), and I'll only post here if anyone else said he was the guardian angel.
Also, I'll find out the other roles :P

One of the problems with this method is that the real GA may be dead already.. As well as some other stuff.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 am

zjoere wrote:The reason I didn't assume a GA save happened last night is because I am myself the GA. Confessing to this is a last ditch effort to avoid getting lynched. You may decide to believe me or not, I leave it all up to you.

As the seer, I've already seen that you are the traitor. :wink:
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:14 pm

NeatNit wrote:I hereby call all living human specials to PM me with their roles. I am the only confirmed human (in all honesty, who would give ME the gun?), and I'll only post here if anyone else said he was the guardian angel.

What would happen if the real Guardian Angel was already dead?

Here's the thing, I'm a bit suspicious of the huge bandwagon that formed, however I believe that if zjoere was in fact the GA I would expect him to have contacted you by now (like you said, who would give you the gun). Since he didn't, it stinks of wolf trying to don anything to survive.

But hey, I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:27 pm

There are two people left on my suspect list, one of them is zjoere. I see no reason to not vote for him. (especially since if you look back to the start of the day I was the one that threw suspicion on him).
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Xocrates wrote:
NeatNit wrote:I hereby call all living human specials to PM me with their roles. I am the only confirmed human (in all honesty, who would give ME the gun?), and I'll only post here if anyone else said he was the guardian angel.

What would happen if the real Guardian Angel was already dead?

Here's the thing, I'm a bit suspicious of the huge bandwagon that formed, however I believe that if zjoere was in fact the GA I would expect him to have contacted you by now (like you said, who would give you the gun). Since he didn't, it stinks of wolf trying to don anything to survive.

But hey, I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.
Well, he has contacted me twice... Once when I first shot the gun (before jelco confirmed I was legit :P), asking me if I got the gun from someone else or got it at the start. The second time was after this bandwagonning started, saying he was the GA and asking for any help I could give him.

Honestly I'm not sure of anything anymore, but it is suspicious. Still, I'm going back to ynbniar for the time being.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:19 pm

elexis wrote:Who have you attempted to save?

Neatnit the last couple of nights. before that myself, ace and bert.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Montyphy wrote:
zjoere wrote:The reason I didn't assume a GA save happened last night is because I am myself the GA. Confessing to this is a last ditch effort to avoid getting lynched. You may decide to believe me or not, I leave it all up to you.

As the seer, I've already seen that you are the traitor. :wink:

I thought that the point of the traitor was to have a human who was working with the wolves, who the seer would not be able to identify. Clarification from Jelco would be nice. That being said, I don't really believe that you are the seer.

xander
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Indeed, I am not the seer (would be a bit silly to out myself). I was highlighting how easy it is to claim to be a special when they've already been off'd.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:24 pm

The winking smiley pointed that out a bit.
Besides who can you know if the specials are dead?
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:15 am

The day will last slightly longer than predicted. Since after a busy schedule these past few days I will finally have a chance to sleep in a little, I am going to do so and hence will not be up in time to post the 1 hour announcement at 8 in the morning (local time). One or two hours delay can be expected.

xander wrote:I thought that the point of the traitor was to have a human who was working with the wolves, who the seer would not be able to identify. Clarification from Jelco would be nice.

The point of the Traitor is to work against the humans by getting innocents lynched, but he will not count for the wolves in order to result in a wolf victory by numbers. The Seer will be able to identify him as the Traitor, since the actual role is revealed to the Seer, not the taken side. This is something the Seer was informed of at the start of the game and I realize now I should have included in the rules for everybody else to see as well. My apologies.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:20 am

jelco wrote:The day will last slightly longer than predicted. Since after a busy schedule these past few days I will finally have a chance to sleep in a little, I am going to do so and hence will not be up in time to post the 1 hour announcement at 8 in the morning (local time). One or two hours delay can be expected.

xander wrote:I thought that the point of the traitor was to have a human who was working with the wolves, who the seer would not be able to identify. Clarification from Jelco would be nice.

The point of the Traitor is to work against the humans by getting innocents lynched, but he will not count for the wolves in order to result in a wolf victory by numbers. The Seer will be able to identify him as the Traitor, since the actual role is revealed to the Seer, not the taken side. This is something the Seer was informed of at the start of the game and I realize now I should have included in the rules for everybody else to see as well. My apologies.

Jelco

Thank you for the clarification.

xander
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Day 6 ends in one hour

Yes, even the delay got delayed. I guess GT5 is rubbing off on me.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Day 6 ends

It's not difficult to see that everyone much prefers the death of zjoere over anyone else's. Taking his final chance to speak to the village, he curses at all of you for being so stupid, before finally being murdered. With seven of you left, you go back to bed under a surprisingly crimson and full moon.

When you wake up the next day to decide who's responsible for that night's death, a stunning revelation takes place. As Montyphy, Shwart!! and Xocrates assault the rest of the village, everyone suddenly notices the amount of shedded fur in front of their houses. How could you have been so stupid...

Jelco

Return to “Introversion Lounge”