Talbot West Grace asylum: Game ends!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat May 15, 2010 5:11 pm

RabidZombie wrote:Why would I have voted bert if I were a wolf. Wolves would have instantly won the game had I voted for you.

That's something that I've been chewing on for a while, since the same goes for DHP. It seems like the wolves could have voted for whomever they wanted (and it seems like they had a majority so I'm not sure why the game didn't end), but for whatever reason they split their vote and let one of their own get lynched.

It doesn't make much sense to me, but then, if the world made sense to me I wouldn't be in a place such as this.
Dirty Harry Potter
level3
level3

Postby Dirty Harry Potter » Sun May 16, 2010 7:41 am

Only way it makes sense is if the wolves (or some of them at least) did not know eachother. In which case, none of our 'alibies' work (Feud being voted for by wolves, me and Rabid not voting for Feud yesterday to instant-win the game).

In that case: Vote: Feud. "I for one, welcome our new Random.org overlords".
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun May 16, 2010 7:50 am

Well, we seem to have a standoff.

If the vote is locked then the wolf will eat someone tonight, which does us no good. Unless the vote locks and the wolf gets poisoned, that is.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun May 16, 2010 2:38 pm

DHP has a good point.
Vote Feud
I don't think we have a stand off anymore.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun May 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Well, whichever of you two is the human, think of me as you're eaten. :cry:
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Game ends!

Postby Phelanpt » Sun May 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Dirty Harry Potter wrote:Only way it makes sense is if the wolves (or some of them at least) did not know eachother. In which case, none of our 'alibies' work (Feud being voted for by wolves, me and Rabid not voting for Feud yesterday to instant-win the game).

In that case: Vote: Feud. "I for one, welcome our new Random.org overlords".

Sadly for the wolves, the game ended may 15th, before this post, so it's a two way tie between Dirty Harry Potter and RabidZombie.

And Random.org says....

RabidZombie is lynched!

Since Feud used his syringe ability on Dirty Harry Potter, the Humans win!

I can't stay much longer online, so I'll make a more detailed post when I get home, but I'm leaving the setup and roles for you to discuss.

The basic idea was that there were going to be several seer roles with different sanities, and that they'd have to find out which was which. It turned out to work pretty badly, that. :P

I counterbalanced this problem by having wolves working as a team, but not knowing who the others were. In fact, each of them got a message saying they were THE werewolf.

What happened was that the seer roles died way too fast, and there were only wolves and Feud left. :p
The only seer role that could have used the results was the insane Seer, Wasgood, that got reversed results on everyone, but apparently he never shared it with anyone.

I was going to end the game as soon as the wolves killed off all humans, but after my initial idea went bust, Feud found a poison syringe with two uses. That gave an equal chance for both teams, I think.

I hope you enjoyed the game. :)

I'll post night choices and my notes when I get back.

Here are the pms everyone received at the start. The wolves got different pms in reply to their picks during the night according to who they picked and what the person they picked was doing.

PMs:

You are the Werewolf.

Each Night, you determine who you wish to kill, and send me their name.

You win when all good players are dead, or nothing can prevent this.

----------------------

You are a Patient.

Each Night, you obediently take your meds and sleep.

You win when all Werewolves are dead.

----------------------

You are the Seer.

Each Night, you may choose one player to use your powers of divination on and send me their name. I will reply with good or evil.

(Note: Insane, reversed results - gets good for wolves, evil for others)

----------------------

You are the Investigator.

Each Night, you may choose one player to investigate and send me their name. I will reply with good or evil.

(Note: Paranoid, always gets evil results)

----------------------

You are the Cop.

Each Night, you may choose one player to investigate and send me their name. I will reply with good or evil.

(Note: Naive, always gets good results)

----------------------

You are the Detective.

Each Night, you may choose one player to use your powers of deduction on and send me their name. I will reply with good or evil.

(Note: Sane, gets proper results)

---------------------------

Roles distributed:

Cop: NeatNit
Detective: Vicious at first, switched for elexis when vicious was incomunicado the first day
Investigator: GreenRock confirmed

Patient: ynbniar

Patient: Feud
Patient: Ace Rimmer

Patient: elexis

Patient: Mr Bunsy

Seer: Wasgood

Werewolf: Xocrates

Werewolf: RabidZombie

Werewolf: Dirty Harry Potter

Werewolf: bert_the_turtle

Werewolf: jelco
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun May 16, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm somewhat confused (I'd voted for Rabid while using the poison on DHP this turn), so I'm not sure exactly how or why the results ended up like they did...

But I guess humans won, so that's a good thing.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Re: Game ends!

Postby Xocrates » Sun May 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Phelanpt wrote:Sadly for the wolves, the game ended may 15th, before this post, so it's a two way tie between Dirty Harry Potter and RabidZombie.

And Random.org says....

RabidZombie is lynched!

Since Feud used his syringe ability on Dirty Harry Potter, the Humans win!

A few notes:

1) The post that said may 15th also said Sunday ;)

2) Why does Feud have priority over DHP? Had he injected the serum before today?

3) Why did Feud even got the syringe? I know it was unfortunate that the humans died too fast, but I don't see what was so imbalanced about it. Especially since the wolves didn't win by majority.

That said,

While I had fun playing the game, it really shows why I don't like secret roles and other secret rules. It was impossible to know what was going on, especially because there was no way for the wolves to identify each other with any kind of certainty.

Case in point, I suspected DHP of being a wolf since I failed twice in getting him, but since I had nothing but circumstantial evidence (in the PM replies I got I never made to his room the first time, and was attacked midway in the second) I never contacted him.

In fact, the only person that tried to contact me was Bert, and he didn't say he was a wolf, he said he was the GA (which at the time I actually thought was the more likely truth).

Ultimately I think the game, while admittedly fun, was an experience that we really shouldn't repeat any time soon. :P
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun May 16, 2010 9:14 pm

It's just not fair. I always get a wolf and wanted to be human for a change.

And then I get killed on day one.

:(
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun May 16, 2010 10:24 pm

I thought it was fun, best hidden role game so far :) I was toggling between "Heh, this is a prank game, everyone has been told he was the werewolf, revealed roles are lies" and basically, the truth. All wolves should have figured out they're not alone by night two, I guess. I still don't know how the night rules worked. I did vaguely conclude from one message (I wanted to kill Xocrates, but didn't find him, the night nobody was killed) that he was another werewolf out prowling, but wasn't sure, hence the GA lie to him. Didn't help :(

And I was also thinking about posing as the insane seer to explain the early votes for humans. I didn't know one would actually exist :)
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon May 17, 2010 12:10 am

I must admit to being quite entertained when the two wolves voting for me both met sudden ends. :D
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon May 17, 2010 2:55 am

Yeah, this was a weird game, the first I've played with hidden roles. After my first day amnesia I got straight to work figuring out who's who. Unfortunately my amnesia hadn't worn off completely so I started with trying to find out who the recently deceased Neatnit was. After coming to my senses I investigated Greenrock who turned out to be a recently killed patient.

During the day I came to suspect Bert as a wolf based on his behavior (which I studied closely in previous games). I decided to test my theory that night, but a wolf got to me first (damn me skipping that stealth class back in the academy). Ultimately though, my suspicions were correct.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 am

I knew Feud was a warewolf, but I had to vote one way to deadlock it, so I didn't get lynched, but I got lynched anyway, these things are good
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon May 17, 2010 8:13 am

Wasgood wrote:I knew Feud was a warewolf

I was a human.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Mon May 17, 2010 8:21 am

Wasgood wrote:
Feud.