Flash games

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Ace: I suck in this game, so would you be so generous as to paste a link that allows anyone to take command of such a killer ship? (that doesn't interfere with your game, right?)
I'm a cheat, I know.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:17 pm

I think you have to register to do that ($20.00)?

Also, it's been through a few scrapes, and mishaps, it's not the same ship any more. I was 'depositing' guns on the run and accidentally attached on to the inside column; I lost the whole rear gun section and a section on the left side. Thankfully, it (the rear battery) was a separate from the outer shell (/me thinks ahead), and the integrity of the ship wasn't lost. Interior guns are circles. Whoops :P

Another tip (if I didn't already say this), get two big ships to shoot at each other, then pick up the pieces, till you can take them on yourself.

I'm not sure if you can access it or not, but here's the heavy duty (pre-accident '09 version).

Super long link.

Edit: Whee! I love finding big ships to scavenge. For scale purposes :P

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:08 pm

Alright, so I've grown kinda bored with my uber-ship and am looking to re-configure it. I have plenty of parts, except guns. It seems that every time I come across a ship that is loaded down, I kill it, but end up taking out too many of it's guns for me to really rack up, which makes each encounter a minimal gain at best. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully cover the exterior. :(

Having said that, any ideas as to what shape I should create? Some things to keep in mind (that I've implemented in the current configuration):

1. The command module (red heart block) needs at least two layers of girders (so's I don't die). Girders are the 'x' shaped pieces, which fit end to end, or end to side, can't put them side by side unless you put two on a third one.

2. I'd like to have a 'ship within a ship' configuration. This keeps you from dieing if the outer hull is breached/destroyed because you can still flee without spinning out of control (boosters all on one side or something). It's killer to get caught in front of a ship blasting away at you only to turn in circles because one side is completely blown off. :P

3. Guns inside or pointing at other parts still shoot, which is suicide. Also, since it's space, you can actually turn into your own fire, if the guns are positioned wrong.

If you're wondering about the colors, all the girders, and some guns/boosters change colors in waves. It's kinda pretty.

Each level has it's own color and designation:

1. Green
2. Yellow
3. Orange
4. Red
5. Purple
6. Blue
7. White (Kilo class)
8. Color-Changing (Juliet class, Peacekeepers)

I think that's right. Level 8 is the biggest and baddest, until you pay $20.00, which I might. Once you kill a peacekeeper, you get all levels of ships coming at you. Even levels are just rapid fire versions of odd levels with heaver duty girders. Each next odd level is a complete step up. So, right now I have a ship made completely of highest level girders with a myriad of boosters/guns from different levels.

Juliet class blasters tear through everything with great ease, and are rapid firing (and longest distance, except Kilo class), but are damn hard to come by.

Any ideas on ship design? I kinda have a Borg cube style, with enough parts for regeneration, until I can scavenge another ship (when my takes damage).

Edit: Reconfigured, more of a honeycomb design, which is much safer; large sections can no longer be removed.

allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:44 am

whoa thats impressive.

heres a shot of one of the best captain successor ships ive seen:

the captain forever site doesnt explain this very well but captain forever is a series of games. as a 'supporter' (one time only payment) you get access to every game in the future.

captain forever is the first game and was made free (after a few months of supporter only) as a promotional thing. I think Farbs is already working on the 3rd one.

heres a strategy guide someone made regarding CF: http://jjjiii.livejournal.com/3033688.html
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 pm

My question is, if I pay $20.00, can I take my Captain Forever ship into the world of Captain Successor, or must I start from scratch. Also, I did find a burst shield (red bubble) once, wonder if that was a bug.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Am I missing something here? I have to start over every time - how would you be able to take your ship over regardless?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Hit the 'x' key to get the menu, then '7' to get a link (it's copied to the clipboard). I just paste it to notepad.

This seems to be my most successful configuration. 2/3rd's of the ship are highest level parts, the rest, second highest level. Nothing inferior. :P

The design gives most bang for the buck; it's very maneuverable, highly defensible, and very good at offense. Head on or broad side 'run and gun' attacks work very well, and of course nobody can sneak up behind me. I didn't think a tiered forward gun rack would make that much difference, even thought it would cause me to lose gun power, but against most AI configurations it's perfect. I call this ship Mr. Indestructible. It would take an entire fleet of Peacekeepers to do some real damage. Nearly impossible to kill outright as the command module is buried so deep.
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:29 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:My question is, if I pay $20.00, can I take my Captain Forever ship into the world of Captain Successor, or must I start from scratch. Also, I did find a burst shield (red bubble) once, wonder if that was a bug.

you'll have to start from scratch. but as you know once you export once you can't export again. i kinda wish you could save clones

pretty odd you found a burst shield..must be a bug.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 pm

allen wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:My question is, if I pay $20.00, can I take my Captain Forever ship into the world of Captain Successor, or must I start from scratch. Also, I did find a burst shield (red bubble) once, wonder if that was a bug.

you'll have to start from scratch. but as you know once you export once you can't export again. i kinda wish you could save clones

pretty odd you found a burst shield..must be a bug.

So, re-cloning clones is impossible after you register as well? That might be a deal breaker.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 pm

it seems like a major complaint on the forum topic at the TIGSource forums, but I just don't know how likely he is to change his mind about it. it's a shame because I'd like to save a design and finish it later, or expand a design someone else made and be able to save and share it.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Got bored, decided to downsize and create my own "destroyer of worlds".

From Google:

(My) New and improved version:
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:25 am

I just beat captain forever in less than 3 minutes with this ship (clone):

http://bit.ly/7fzWTu
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:19 pm

Seems like it would take more than three minutes to kill some of the bigger ships with that one, even if you could just sit there without worry and make direct hits on the command module the whole time. :P

Edit: Ooops, I thought that was made up of the first green blocks. Makes sense now. :oops:

Edit2: I can fit your ship inside my ship :P

Return to “Introversion Lounge”