Flash games

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Flash games

Postby GreenRock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:49 am

I really need some new flash games to play....
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:26 pm

www.kongregate.com

/thread

Also look for The Submachine games. AND DON'T LOOK AT WALKTHROUGHS!!!
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 am

http://www.captainforever.com

captain forever is real fun

good flash games are:
moneyseize, time fkuc, company of myself, meat boy, star guard (http://vacuumflowers.com/star_guard/star_guard.html), canabalt, vox populi, this is the only level, don't shit your pants, bullfist, ninjufu, closed in, don't look back, storyteller, i wish i were the moon, spewer, aether, push, ratmaze 2, gamma bros, dinorun, use boxmen, upgrade complete, karoshi suicide salaryman, super karoshi.

all of these games except for captain forever and star guard are on kongregate/newgrounds/etc
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 am

How could you forget "Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar"???!!??? Also, Timebot, one of the earlier time travel puzzle games, Little Wheel for your robot adventure clicky cravings and Today I Die which is successfully artsy.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm a big fan of Hunted Forever, so much so that I spent a week or so trying to make a similar game of my own.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:43 pm

-Vic
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:55 pm

allen wrote:http://www.captainforever.com

captain forever is real fun

Too much fun. Seems all you need to do is find the biggest, baddest ship around, 'dock' at it's heart and shoot like crazy. Then steal all it's guns and boosters. Next, find more ships, add tons more guns, then run like hell when the real big ships show up. :P

So far, this is the best ship I've gotten. Got wiped after almost taking out a giant white ship, just needed some boosters!

Edit: I've decided that having guns running along each side of the ship is best, so as to do running broadsides (sweeping in at an angle to kill the engines, saving guns, and then pinpoint hits to the heart). Of course, every time I'm about to take out a white ship and steal it's guns, or one of those multi-colored ships, another giant ship (or two) shows up and runs me off. Grr.

Edit2: Ok, I've gotten as far as you can go without forking over $20.00. This was one killer ship.

MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:23 pm

Jesus fuck!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:12 pm

I know. I could have built a much better ship, with the more durable parts closer to the module, except ever time I kill a big ship and go to rebuild a couple more ships come in and ruin the process! I'm working on one right now but can't get a free moment. :(

Edit: Here's what I'm trying to rebuild 'on the go'. Managed to get it from a single line into this so far (and get rid of girders that aren't 'peacekeeper' material).

Edit2: Ok, so I've figured out that there can only be 3 AI ships on screen at a time, so I captured two of 'em (should have figured that out from "I am become death..."). Now, only one ship to deal with at a time, and I've managed to create this beast:

Just need to find enough Peacekeepers or Juliet class ships and take their guns.

Edit3: And this is what I have so far. Can stand up to any ship now. Hehe, it's like having a broom, I just sweep away the space debris (other ships). Gonna leave it in stasis till tomorrow.

Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:01 pm

I get annoyed that you have to build on the fly. You get a misleading 10 seconds or so, then something will swoop in to disrupt you. Which means you end up with some fun and odd combinations you cobbled together as quick as possible, scavenging the best bits (I always seem to end up with something that flys in wide circles because of this), but it would be nice to have, maybe a limited, number of times to pause and make something really epic.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:47 pm

There's a trick to it. As I mentioned above, the game only lets three enemy ships around at a time, so you have to 'capture' two and hold them. Then, you can take on the third ship, reduce it to nothing but a command module, and rebuild at your leisure. Google image search for captain forever and take a look at the white ship that looks like a cross, and you'll see what I mean.

Speaking of; here's my latest creation:

RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Thanks for the tips.

Going to give it another go now.

Bit still: Holy fuck those ships.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:13 pm

One other tip: Cover every exposed girder with anything, even the crappy parts. That way, they'll take the hits and not the hull of your ship.

Edit: I don't know how many big guns I've lost because some ship got a lucky hit on a big girder that was loaded down. :oops:

Edit2: Ok, I've settled on a basic structure:

I can carry passengers, pick up debri and move it without destroying it (instead of pushing/pulling/dragging with mouse, just deposit in the cargo hold :P ), reconfigure on the go, and will eventually have nothing but heavy guns on the outside, engines on the inside. I'll be able to kill anything from any side. Hehe.

Edit3: Been through some hairy scrapes; seem to get lots of everything, but guns.

Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:20 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:How could you forget "Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar"???!!??? Also, Timebot, one of the earlier time travel puzzle games, Little Wheel for your robot adventure clicky cravings and Today I Die which is successfully artsy.

little wheel turned out to be an awesome game!! The hardest part was the first part though.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Fuckin hell Ace! I was gonna post my best ship, but yours puts mine to shame. It's huge and it has blocks that I haven't even seen before!

Return to “Introversion Lounge”