Offensive words

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

insulting someone on this forum is....

funny
18%
insulting
36%
whatever
18%
should be stopped
27%

Total votes: 11
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Jordy... wrote:What I put upfront the word jew was in no way out of the ordinary here on these forums
'stinking jew' were your words. The rest of the context was more of the playful/trolling variant, and it should be clear to anyone taking a closer look that you're not actually racist. However, not everyone reading these forums will take the time for that, and while we should not go out of our way to ensure we offend absolutely noone in the whole world, taking a little care is still in order.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:59 pm

So yes, I got long reply but I accidently erased it, good for you, anyways, I still got the best part copied, a poem about futility;

I saw a man pursuing the horizon;
Round and round they sped.
I was disturbed at this;
I accosted the man.
“It is futile,” I said,
“You can never —”
“You lie,” he cried,
And ran on.

By stephen crane, damn good, I would start a new topic about you favourite poems, but well, I respect neo so....
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm all for being offensive for the sake of being offensive, and I love a good troll. I'd like to think Jordy knows exactly what he's doing by using Jew in that way and is just trying to get a rise. It's always good fun to see people try to explain why racial/ethnic/religious slurs are wrong (not that I'd disagree, but I do tend to think that we get a little too over-sensitive about some things, and can't always justify that beyond "well, it's bad to say that 'cos we know it's bad...")

In anycase, I highly doubt any real insight behind Jordy. He strikes me as your average garden variety prick, and only an occasionally amusing one at that.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-Vic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”