Multiwinia Machinima Preview

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:53 pm

elexis wrote:Any chance you can use Maya to create a basic Idle AI?

O_o; I've never thought of using Maya... Though there is MAXscript which could possibly do the trick... If not, I could learn how to use Maya, albiet I need to download it. Never used it in my life.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:06 pm

I haven't used it either, just a thought though
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Ah. I'll give maxscript a shot first, then we'll see.

Also, I put this into competition with the rest of my class in Animation I here at ITT Tech... It wiped out the competition for it being the first of newbies (yes, including the mistakes I made pointed out by xander and elexis).

That is to say, my version with the sounds from my Predatorwinia files... :P

Anyway, I'm working on something hardcore to bring this up to top-notch speed. There's going to be a second preview in... about a few days/one week.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Major Cooke wrote:1. Well, machinimas referring to videos being made through any method while still contributing to the source could be counted, can't they? If not, then I guess I'll just call it fan-made.

I suggest you try Google.

Major Cooke wrote:5. Uh... Have you tried animating sprite characters the way Introversion does? It's a lot more difficult with the low experience on my end than it looks. That might be something a flash user could pull off, but I'd have to find a different way, being that it's 3DS Max we're talking about. So for now, they are just 3D models. I could make them flatter, though... We'll see how it looks.

No reason to do it the way IV does. However, you could make them much, much thinner, and get something closer to the original look. They would still have a visible third dimension, but much reduced.

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:09 pm

xander wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:1. Well, machinimas referring to videos being made through any method while still contributing to the source could be counted, can't they? If not, then I guess I'll just call it fan-made.

I suggest you try Google.

Major Cooke wrote:5. Uh... Have you tried animating sprite characters the way Introversion does? It's a lot more difficult with the low experience on my end than it looks. That might be something a flash user could pull off, but I'd have to find a different way, being that it's 3DS Max we're talking about. So for now, they are just 3D models. I could make them flatter, though... We'll see how it looks.

No reason to do it the way IV does. However, you could make them much, much thinner, and get something closer to the original look. They would still have a visible third dimension, but much reduced.

xander

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks mate.

And yes neat, I know of the price ranges... >.<; *Shudders*
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Well, 3DS MAX isn't exactly worth peanuts either.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Well... I think their both priced the same, and one version does something a little extra than the other. Sheesh...
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Whoa, wait. You go to ITT Tech? I have heard some bad things about that place.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Like what? The one I go to has a police station right next door to it, so I doubt anything bad would happen with them being able to just walk down to the front door and say, "What's going on here?"

And these are the kinds of cops who you don't want to fuck with either. That I'm dead serious about.

But yes, anyway, I go to ITT Tech and I'm doing game design courses, and this preview was a final for one of them.
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:45 am

I have heard ITT Tech is basically a scam and if you try to transfer to another college no one will accept their credits, because their courses are so watered down. As a general rule I don't trust a school advertises on tv.

That's what I mean. :/
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 am

cheesemoo0 wrote:I have heard ITT Tech is basically a scam and if you try to transfer to another college no one will accept their credits, because their courses are so watered down. As a general rule I don't trust a school advertises on tv.

That's what I mean. :/

That is basically correct. ITT Tech is, perhaps, a step above some of the diploma mills where you can get a degree without ever visiting a classroom, but it is not a place where you are going to get a degree that is widely respected, especially in academia, or among those that value academic degrees. If you need to get your ticket punched to get a job, ITT Tech might be useful, but don't kid yourself into believing that you are becoming an expert on anything. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a scam, but I would suggest that you would be better off taking classes at a local community college (or, even better, four year institution).

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”