Feud wrote:Can we have a regional flag? If so, I think it's competition time...
I don't think website itself supports that.
That shouldn't stop us though
Also, I have a new flag:
Pseudonymsia's national animal is the virgin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation
martin wrote:If anyone is interested, I just submitted a draft proposal to the general assembly forums:
Easter Egg: Zombie Attack!
The dead are rising from their graves to feast on the flesh of the living! Currently, only Banana slug City has been affected. An immediate quarantine has been placed on the city, but with time running out for the survivors an emergency meeting has been called to decide what to do.
1. "You have to destroy the city!" gasps Stephanie Broadside, one of the few who escaped before the quarantine. "It's hell in there! If those things manage to escape then the whole country, nay the whole WORLD is doomed! We must send our biggest bombs into those streets and wipe them out!"
2. "No, there are people in there who need our help," says Faith Winters, armed with a Winchester rifle. "We can't leave them to the mercy of the undead hordes. I say before we blow anything up we call in the army and anyone else willing to help, go in, track down any survivors we can find, and get them out. It's dangerous, but it's got to be done."
3. "I think we should study these creatures," muses Professor Lars Jong-Il, expert in biological warfare. "Zombiism? Reanimated dead tissue? Fascinating! This is a golden opportunity for our nation... why, we could unleash these on our enemies! Everyone would shake in terror of our undead army!"
4. "Wow, these unholy terrors are really scary," notes Sue-Ann Gutenberg, selling sausages in buns to bystanders. "They would make a great honeypot. I mean, how often do you see the living dead?! We could really turn a profit if we turn this place into a first-class thrill ride for visiting tourists. Want mustard?"
5. "I think we're forgetting that these 'zombies' are people just like you and me!" objects Elizabeth Wu, head of the newly-formed Undead Protection Alliance. "They deserve the respect that any deceased person should, if not more! Leave them alone, and let them have the city. It will be a victory for oppressed minorities everywhere!"
6. "Braaains... braaains...?" asks ardent anti-quarantine activist Roger Trax. "Braaains... braaains... braaains!"
A loose coalition of sartorially-challenged individuals known as "Let It All Hang Out" has called on the government to relax public nudity laws.
1. "For too long, our bodies have been trapped in these prisons of cotton and polyester!" yelled protester Colin Winters, while apparently developing a nasty case of sunburn. "We must repeal the puritanical laws that make public nudity a crime. My body--my choice to dangle!"
2. "I agree," mused sociology professor Al Thiesen. "But I don't think the protestors are going far enough. Public nudity shouldn't be an option: it should be compulsory. Nudity is highly liberating. And it would put that disgusting "Hooters" out of business once and for all."
3. "Whoa, whoa," says noted accountant Hack Wong. "Are these people serious? The last thing I want to see when I'm out for a coffee is some lumbering, over-weight nudist coming down the sidewalk toward me. If people want to get naked, they can do it in the privacy of their own homes. Think of the children!"
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests