The Sepulveda Nation - Nation States

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Feud wrote:Can we have a regional flag? If so, I think it's competition time...

I don't think website itself supports that.

That shouldn't stop us though ;)

Also, I have a new flag:

Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:59 pm

The Goldfish is now on.

I'm going to be out of town till Sunday, so I'll update anything new then.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Does anybody know what your regional influence means ?
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:21 pm

It's your power to resist ejection from a region.

Basically, it's a mechanic to stop assholes from immediately booting people out when they crash a region.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:27 pm

I think it's to do with population and how many endorsements you have. So I have lots because I have a population of 2billion, and I'm the WA delegate
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:07 pm

Explanation of influence

In short: It's given to you based on time in the region and endorsements. To the delegate, it's spent on doing stuff to the region and the nations in it. To everyone else, it's how much it will cost the delegate to eject them. Like I said, it's basically arsehole armour.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:25 am

I just moved to the The Sepulveda Nation
-Vic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:35 am

Pseudonymsia's national animal is the virgin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation

I admit it, I'm extremely childish. Mildly perverse, too.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:31 am

If anyone is interested, I just submitted a draft proposal to the general assembly forums:

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7099
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:38 am

Back in town, new members to be updated as I'm able to.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:04 am

martin wrote:If anyone is interested, I just submitted a draft proposal to the general assembly forums:

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7099

I like the idea/scheme very much :)
-Vic
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:17 am

Oh no!

Easter Egg: Zombie Attack!
The Issue

The dead are rising from their graves to feast on the flesh of the living! Currently, only Banana slug City has been affected. An immediate quarantine has been placed on the city, but with time running out for the survivors an emergency meeting has been called to decide what to do.
The Debate

1. "You have to destroy the city!" gasps Stephanie Broadside, one of the few who escaped before the quarantine. "It's hell in there! If those things manage to escape then the whole country, nay the whole WORLD is doomed! We must send our biggest bombs into those streets and wipe them out!"

2. "No, there are people in there who need our help," says Faith Winters, armed with a Winchester rifle. "We can't leave them to the mercy of the undead hordes. I say before we blow anything up we call in the army and anyone else willing to help, go in, track down any survivors we can find, and get them out. It's dangerous, but it's got to be done."

3. "I think we should study these creatures," muses Professor Lars Jong-Il, expert in biological warfare. "Zombiism? Reanimated dead tissue? Fascinating! This is a golden opportunity for our nation... why, we could unleash these on our enemies! Everyone would shake in terror of our undead army!"

4. "Wow, these unholy terrors are really scary," notes Sue-Ann Gutenberg, selling sausages in buns to bystanders. "They would make a great honeypot. I mean, how often do you see the living dead?! We could really turn a profit if we turn this place into a first-class thrill ride for visiting tourists. Want mustard?"

5. "I think we're forgetting that these 'zombies' are people just like you and me!" objects Elizabeth Wu, head of the newly-formed Undead Protection Alliance. "They deserve the respect that any deceased person should, if not more! Leave them alone, and let them have the city. It will be a victory for oppressed minorities everywhere!"

6. "Braaains... braaains...?" asks ardent anti-quarantine activist Roger Trax. "Braaains... braaains... braaains!"

Any suggestions?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:50 am

Personally I'm tempted to suggest 4, although 2 is probably the more sensible.

That anti-quarantine activist makes a strong argument though.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 am

Yeah I have to say option 4 is the best, should help the tourism industry also. I also just got a great one.

A loose coalition of sartorially-challenged individuals known as "Let It All Hang Out" has called on the government to relax public nudity laws.

The Debate

1. "For too long, our bodies have been trapped in these prisons of cotton and polyester!" yelled protester Colin Winters, while apparently developing a nasty case of sunburn. "We must repeal the puritanical laws that make public nudity a crime. My body--my choice to dangle!"

2. "I agree," mused sociology professor Al Thiesen. "But I don't think the protestors are going far enough. Public nudity shouldn't be an option: it should be compulsory. Nudity is highly liberating. And it would put that disgusting "Hooters" out of business once and for all."

3. "Whoa, whoa," says noted accountant Hack Wong. "Are these people serious? The last thing I want to see when I'm out for a coffee is some lumbering, over-weight nudist coming down the sidewalk toward me. If people want to get naked, they can do it in the privacy of their own homes. Think of the children!"

Now I started my nation wanting to play seriously but I'm rather tempted to make public nudity compulsory to see what happens.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Go with six. I mean, if you're a psychotic dictator, what else can you do? Free, unlimited labor!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

Return to “Introversion Lounge”