The Sepulveda Nation - Nation States

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Pwnbroker
level2
level2

Postby Pwnbroker » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:47 am

The freedom loving people of Laglandia are in the house.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:11 am

Welcome, you've been added to the list.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:12 pm

The Issue

Enthusiastic sports fans have been petitioning the government all week to apply for the much-coveted honour of hosting the next Regional Olympics. While most citizens are excited at the prospect of a The Sepulveda Nation-wide competition in their own country, some have expressed reservations about the enormous expense hosting would incur.
The Debate

1. "WAHAAAAY!" screams Hope Winters, captain of Boezjoemboela City's premier division ballroom dancing team. "Finally, a chance to show the world exactly how great I am! Everybody's always complaining that Boezjoemboela never does well in sports and you know why? It's because we're never in front of the home crowd, that's why! We're going to need a great big stadium! No! TWO stadiums! WHOOP! OL-YM-PICS! OL-YM-PICS!"

2. "Oh great," mutters Jack Li, spokesperson for the Angry Taxpayer Society. "That's all we need, more things to pour money into for no obvious reason. Surely it would be easier to just let another country host the Olympics and keep the cash? Then maybe it could go to something useful, like, I don't know... my wallet?"

3. "We'd be missing an amazing opportunity if we pass this up," says Prudence Hamilton, your Minister of Sports. "But we've got to be in it to win! Simply building new stadia won't be enough, we need to be funding new sports centres and hiring the best coaches for our entrants! You could put more money into public facilities too, like gyms or something. Then no one can accuse you of wasting everyone's tax zulu s, ha ha. Ha."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

4. "There's nothing like a feat of strength to please the dull-witted masses, is there?" sighs Tobias Rifkin, flipping through 'One Hundred Gambits for Advanced Go Players'. "It's so boring. Why can't more intellectual pursuits be given the spotlight, like chess or debating matches? Ban organised sports and make our dreams come true! I think you'll find it comes at a far lower price than the populist Olympics ever will."

Looks like there's going to be olympic games.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Team Maxia Zeta shall crush Boezjoemboela! Of course, Feud's zombiefied nation will then come in and devour us all. I can hear it now... "Braaaains"
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:41 pm

We are very skilled at the 100m shuffle.
Pwnbroker
level2
level2

Postby Pwnbroker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:09 am

The Laglandic team has been entirely outfitted with new organs through our compulsory organ harvest program; "A Second Chance". They are also receiving regular transfusions of horse blood, given every 18 hours, in the lead up to the games. Through raw determination, outright cheating and powered by new organs our athletes will make Laglandia cheer.

On a side note, I've got a trade dispute I could use some help with. Check out the Nation Page for details.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:42 am

M.Z. will address this situation as soon as it possibly can.

In other news, the National Finals for the upcoming WorldVision 11 performance has been posted:

Maxia Zeta wrote:Here are the results from M.Z.'s very 1st National Final. It was an exciting event, entertaining and memorizing the masses for nearly an entire week. Broadcast on M.Z.'s premier public station MZTV, the following were the final eight performances and the only serious contenders. While voting from the public was a large factor, a panel of six respected judges from various recording and entertainment backgrounds ultimately decided who would make it through.

Without further adieu, the finalists:

8. Let's Go!, by The Randomites
7. Gun Nuts, by Militant Zombies
6. Blinking, by Connection Established
5. Doctor Doctor, by Hyperbolic Revelation
4. Amazing, by Chrono
3. Struggle With Success, by The Indies
2. Crying Woman, by Defcon IV

And with the top spot, representing all of Maxia Zeta with a supreme performance, both on stage and off;

1. Cold Wind, by Subverted Intent

"We would like to thank the judges, particularly Dibar Hangman, for allowing us this great opportunity to both represent Maxia Z, and to showcase the talent our great nation has!" ~ D. Chris of Subverted Intent (lead singer)
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 am

I see you used all three of my suggested band names. I am honored to have had input into your endeavour.
Also, is D. Chris a reference to Chris D.?

Shwart!!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Yep. All Introversion themed.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:44 pm

zjoere wrote:
4. "There's nothing like a feat of strength to please the dull-witted masses, is there?" sighs Tobias Rifkin, flipping through 'One Hundred Gambits for Advanced Go Players'. "It's so boring. Why can't more intellectual pursuits be given the spotlight, like chess or debating matches? Ban organised sports and make our dreams come true! I think you'll find it comes at a far lower price than the populist Olympics ever will."

No such book, funny event choice. :)

I might join when I get back from holidays.

Good luck in the competition, Ace!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:46 pm

Thanks! Competition hasn't started yet as not all nations have selected their song/performer. However, they're creating postcards for each nation. Here is mine:

It's a combination of our nation's flag and one of the many fine examples of M. Zeta's power plants.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 am

Predatorwinians hate your stinking guts!... unless you join the military.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Ookay...

The Issue

Members of a new weird religious cult, called the Order of Violet, ask for the government to appease their mighty god by offering Her a sacrifice of the human variety.
The Debate

1. "What have we got to lose?" says religious freedoms advocate Hack Silk. "Just cut up a few homeless folk - it appeases this group's bloodthirsty Goddess, gets rid of unsightly bums that drain welfare, and everybody goes home happy."

2. "We must go much further than a few beggars!" argues the overzealous High Member of the Order of Violet, Lars Gutenberg. "You must pass a law that everyone's first born child must be slaughtered, on live TV if possible. Think of the viewing figures!"

3. "You aren't going to listen to these whackjob Violetists, are you?" comments Konrad Barry while leading a prayer group. "Human sacrifices! Surely we're too civilized to permit such barbaric practices! These lunatic fringe groups should be outlawed, and their leaders should be executed!"

4. "Who's being a lunatic?" retorts Hope Mombota of the Amsgard Humanitarian Society. "I agree that these practices ought to be outlawed, but instead of sinking to the same level of these fanatics and killing our fellow people, why not simply start a re-education program? Even the worst person can be rehabilitated into a useful member of society, with enough time, care, and lots and lots of funding!"
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Once again...

Jerry Cokeman, famous trial attorney wrote:If it would be remiss, you must dismiss.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Been a while since I toyed with NationStates, so the Community of Kropotkin-ia is in.

First decree: All men must have 19th Century style beards. Civil servants are required to have mutton chop 'burns, regardless of gender.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”