Phelanpt's Tale of Wolves and Gents: Game Over

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 pm

You mean "No one died Night 2!" ;)

Vote: Pox

Pox has been particularly quiet for this whole ordeal. I'm quite suspicious of him. Now I know quite a few people have been quiet, but unfortunately, I can't vote for all of them at once. (That, and he started the incorrect lynching.)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:30 am

Haw-Haw to the wolf, and kudos to the GA :) Must be an especially PSI gifted one. That, or wolfy wolf tricks after all. We'll find out soon enough.

RZ: you were all too happy to jump on that bandwagon yourself, so watch that pointing finger of yours.

Me, for self preservation purposes, rather likes to blame people jumping on bandwagons very late. As in, 'that seems to be the best place to hide today' late. So, Vote: Jelco (unvoted).
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Haw-Haw to the wolf, and kudos to the GA :) Must be an especially PSI gifted one. That, or wolfy wolf tricks after all. We'll find out soon enough.

RZ: you were all too happy to jump on that bandwagon yourself, so watch that pointing finger of yours.

Me, for self preservation purposes, rather likes to blame people jumping on bandwagons very late. As in, 'that seems to be the best place to hide today' late. So, Vote: Jelco.

I was happy to, yes, but considering I was under pressure because they'd voted for me, there wasn't much else I could do.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:19 pm

jelco wrote:I'm not sure if you noticed, but I actually started the Vicious bandwagon, albeit not by voting for him (I started asking him for reasons, and his answer to that question resulted in the bandwagon).
I noticed that, thanks for pointing it out. That kind of action is usually called 'floating a weather balloon'. First, you make some general remarks in one direction, and commit to it only later after the crowd has found the idea pleasing. Later, depending on how bad the decision turns out to be, you take partial blame (at least he was not a special) or pass it to the one actually voting first. You could have put a warning vote on one of their heads, for example.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:03 pm

This is fairly obvious, but I'll say it all the same. The two saves in a row make it seem likely that both nights the GA protected someone obvious and the wolves went for the same person; I'm guessing that's bert.
No-one is immediately leaping out as guilty; though I have my doubts about RabidZombie and jelco.

I'm going to see what other votes come out today before I make mine... all I really have to go on at the moment is feelings, slightly suspicious actions being pointed out by their perpetrators and near-metagaming.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:29 pm

In case it hasn't be thought about, here are the possibilities, assuming the GA is real and this isn't some devilish wolf trick:

Option A. 2 Werewolves, 1 Traitor, 1 Guardian Angel, 6 Villagers
Option B. 1 Werewolves, 1 Werewolf Roleblocker, 1 Traitor, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian Angel, 5 Villagers

Either way, we're down to one wolf (as should be clear from the posts), which might (probably not) be a Roleblocker. We also definitely started out with a traitor (could have been lynched). *coughviciouscough*
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:56 pm

I don't really have nothing to go on but my gut tells me rabidzombie is suspicous.
Vote: Rabidzombie
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Ok fine, if it's going to be like this.

I'm the seer. Pox is a wolf.

You don't have to trust me, but if you all vote Pox today, you'll see that I'm telling the truth. And if it turn out I'm fibbing, well I'll vote for myself tomorrow, and you're all free to do the same (unless Ace is right about there being 2 wolves, which I don't think he is).

Also, don't trust Bert either. You'll see that he admitted to thinking I was a wolf on he first day. Yet no follow up? Did that not arouse any suspicion at all? Well it's because he's a traitor, and he told me so (bit of a silly move really). You don't need to vote him off, but please keep it in mind.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 pm

I didn't say there are two wolves. I said there were two wolves (ynbniar was the first, he's dead), which leaves one more, period. Check the village bylaws. :wink:

So, if you're the seer, whom did you scry each night and would those people come forward? If you can't answer with support those questions, we should all vote RabidZombie.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Votecount:
jelco (1): bert_the_turtle
RabidZombie (1): zjoere
Pox (1): RabidZombie

Not voting (5): jelco, MarvintheParanoidAndroid, Ace Rimmer, xander, Pox

Day 3 will end in approximately 25 hours (June 9th, at 21h36 GMT+1).
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 pm

Vote: Pox

xander
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:03 pm

xander wrote:Vote: Pox

xander

That's scary right there, considering my post and no response yet. So, traitor?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 pm

First night, Bert. Human. (Knee-jerk reaction to accusation)
Second night, Pox. It had to be someone who voted for Vicious, and I picked who I had a gut feeling about. Wolf.

Also, I was wondering how you could be so sure there were only two wolves. But looking at the numbers, it makes sense really.
Last edited by RabidZombie on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Bert can you confirm you were contacted by RabidZombie at any time? If so, see ya Pox. If not, there's something very wrong going on here.

Edit: More that just makes sense, it's fact. :wink:
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Bert can you confirm you were contacted by RabidZombie at any time? If so, see ya Pox. If not, there's something very wrong going on here.

What are you on? Bert contacted me. See day 1 where I said so.

RabidZombie wrote:If it's not too late, I retract my vote for Jelco and vote for Bertinstead. Sorry, but with the PM he just sent me I can't help but be sure of his wolfyness.

He claimed I was a wolf partnered with either zjoere or ynbniar. Hmm, sorry, I'm not. Pretty bold claims for day 1.

Edit: Blegh, it's too late isn't it. (Need to learn his timezones better.)

bert_the_turtle wrote:Tehehe. Indeed, I did send that PM RZ is talking about, and of course, I have no proof of my accusations (how could I?). I'm merely going with what we have: Almost everyone voted for someone nobody else had voted before, with three exceptions:
- ynbniar broke the pattern by putting a second vote on zjoere for no reason
- zjoere retaliated with a vote on ynbniar
- RZ put a second vote on jelco for no reason
Which may of course be just all random unrelated actions, but also RZ defending one of the other two two vote victims. Why wouldn't he just put a third vote on a human to get a better defense? Well, a), it would be more obvious right away, and b), roles are revealed on death, so acts of defense are possible to spot afterwards when we know the roles, especially if the defense fails. I agree this isn't enough evidence for a public accusation, but it was enough to send a poking PM. We'll have more data tomorrow, I'm reluctant to judge by RZ's response alone.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”