Phelanpt's Tale of Wolves and Gents: Game Over

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:06 pm

For lack of a better option and because I think voting No Lynch is just facilitating wolves, Vote: Vicious.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Votecount:
Vicious (6): jelco, bert_the_turtle, Ace Rimmer, zjoere, RabidZombie, Pox
RabidZombie (2): Vicious, xander

Not voting (1): MarvintheParanoidAndroid

Day 2 will end in approximately 3 hours (June 6th, at 19h00 GMT+1).
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Yes, cause simply stating "this is a mistake" gives us nothing but more suspicion. Either way, if you are indeed a special human, we can assume that the opposite voting block (bert/pox) contains at least one more wolf.
Well, considering this group consists of pretty much everyone except Vicious himself and xander, I'd support this assumption even if Vicious turns out to be just a normal human.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Day 2 lynch: Vicious

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:00 pm

You start accusing each other immediately this time. Accusations start to fall first on zjoere, then RabidZombie, and then on Vicious. Two groups form, one around RabidZombie, the other around Vicious.

He is leaning against the wall, with eyes closed.
"Why are you accusing RabidZombie?" screams one voice.
"No answer."

"What do you mean? You must have a reason! I think you're the last wolf!" screams another.
"Not so smart move."

"Yeah, why are you accusing without reason? I think we found ourselves our wolf, people."
"Not a wise move."
His lack of response gets the crowd extra angry. More and more accusations fly towards Vicious.

He finally realizes he might be in trouble. Between the mob's screams he manages to get out a "I voted for no particular reason. Voting me is not wise!"

The mob does not care, they drag him to the tree where most of ynbniar's remains are gone.
Looking at it he tries to break free of the strong grasp. Eight people rush toward him, and hold him firm.
"I promise I'm not a wolf, scout's honor!"

This does nothing to dissuade the angry mob.
"Sure, sure."
"Hey, now that I think about it, he's much hairier than anyone else in the village..."
"Yeah, and I remember him getting out a night a lot before this started!"
"Sure, no wolf would want to anger the scouts..."

From atop a crate, he rallies around this: "Exactly! I'm not a wolf because I don't want to anger the scouts!"
The noose is already around his neck.
"This is a mistake!"
The man near the crate stops mid kick.

"Is it? Is there some reason we can't lynch you?"
Vicious just looks at them in anger, and starts trying to push them all away. It doesn't work this time, there's a lot of people holding him in place.
Two of them push the crate beneath him, and he dances in the air, trying to get out of the noose. He gets out a few last words, and then goes limp.

You check his clothes and room, and find nothing out of the ordinary.

Vicious died Day 2, he was a villager!

It is now Night 2.
All players with night actions should now send them to me.
Night 2 will end 24 hours from this post(June 7th, at 19h00 GMT+1).
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:23 pm

:x
-Vic
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Day 3

Postby Phelanpt » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 pm

You get Vicious down from the rope, and bury him in silence. No one says anything. You are all still shocked by what you just did.
Everyone shuffles to their respective homes, and try to prepare as best as you can for the night.
You hardly sleep tonight, haunted by the memories of Vicious' frantic dance as he died.

In the morning, you get out and join the others in the square. One of you is missing. You all look gloomy...until he appears!

Did the wolves give up this time?

You check around town, and see that a pig and a few chickens are missing, with splatters of blood left behind.

Nope, there's still a wolf among you.

No one died Night 2!

It is now Day 3.
It will end 48 hours from this post. (June 9th, at 21h36 GMT+1)

(sorry for the delay :S)
Edit: Had visitors, and got distracted with time. Really sorry. :(

Votecount:
Not voting (8 ): jelco, bert_the_turtle, MarvintheParanoidAndroid, Ace Rimmer, zjoere, xander, RabidZombie, Pox
Last edited by Phelanpt on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 pm

You mean "No one died Night 2!" ;)

Vote: Pox

Pox has been particularly quiet for this whole ordeal. I'm quite suspicious of him. Now I know quite a few people have been quiet, but unfortunately, I can't vote for all of them at once. (That, and he started the incorrect lynching.)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:30 am

Haw-Haw to the wolf, and kudos to the GA :) Must be an especially PSI gifted one. That, or wolfy wolf tricks after all. We'll find out soon enough.

RZ: you were all too happy to jump on that bandwagon yourself, so watch that pointing finger of yours.

Me, for self preservation purposes, rather likes to blame people jumping on bandwagons very late. As in, 'that seems to be the best place to hide today' late. So, Vote: Jelco (unvoted).
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Haw-Haw to the wolf, and kudos to the GA :) Must be an especially PSI gifted one. That, or wolfy wolf tricks after all. We'll find out soon enough.

RZ: you were all too happy to jump on that bandwagon yourself, so watch that pointing finger of yours.

Me, for self preservation purposes, rather likes to blame people jumping on bandwagons very late. As in, 'that seems to be the best place to hide today' late. So, Vote: Jelco.

I was happy to, yes, but considering I was under pressure because they'd voted for me, there wasn't much else I could do.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:40 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Me, for self preservation purposes, rather likes to blame people jumping on bandwagons very late. As in, 'that seems to be the best place to hide today' late. So, Vote: Jelco.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I actually started the Vicious bandwagon, albeit not by voting for him (I started asking him for reasons, and his answer to that question resulted in the bandwagon). I'm not sure what you would have preferred me to do really, because voting for someone else out of the blue wasn't really possible since I didn't see any reason to vote for others yet, and like I explained I think voting No Lynch is just facilitating the wolves. And not voting in general is more suspicious than anything else. Hence, my vote for Vicious. ;)

I'll be the first to say that I don't particularly mind having him gone, even if he was a human. If we have someone randomly voting for others without giving explanations, he could very soon be the end of us by killing off villagers, however accidental it may be.

The problem we're facing right now is that I don't yet see anyone else suspicious enough to vote for. First on my list however is RabidZombie, who posted mere minutes after the night ended, which has shown time and time again to be wolf behaviour. Time will tell I guess...

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:19 pm

jelco wrote:I'm not sure if you noticed, but I actually started the Vicious bandwagon, albeit not by voting for him (I started asking him for reasons, and his answer to that question resulted in the bandwagon).
I noticed that, thanks for pointing it out. That kind of action is usually called 'floating a weather balloon'. First, you make some general remarks in one direction, and commit to it only later after the crowd has found the idea pleasing. Later, depending on how bad the decision turns out to be, you take partial blame (at least he was not a special) or pass it to the one actually voting first. You could have put a warning vote on one of their heads, for example.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:03 pm

This is fairly obvious, but I'll say it all the same. The two saves in a row make it seem likely that both nights the GA protected someone obvious and the wolves went for the same person; I'm guessing that's bert.
No-one is immediately leaping out as guilty; though I have my doubts about RabidZombie and jelco.

I'm going to see what other votes come out today before I make mine... all I really have to go on at the moment is feelings, slightly suspicious actions being pointed out by their perpetrators and near-metagaming.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:29 pm

In case it hasn't be thought about, here are the possibilities, assuming the GA is real and this isn't some devilish wolf trick:

Option A. 2 Werewolves, 1 Traitor, 1 Guardian Angel, 6 Villagers
Option B. 1 Werewolves, 1 Werewolf Roleblocker, 1 Traitor, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian Angel, 5 Villagers

Either way, we're down to one wolf (as should be clear from the posts), which might (probably not) be a Roleblocker. We also definitely started out with a traitor (could have been lynched). *coughviciouscough*
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:56 pm

I don't really have nothing to go on but my gut tells me rabidzombie is suspicous.
Vote: Rabidzombie
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Ok fine, if it's going to be like this.

I'm the seer. Pox is a wolf.

You don't have to trust me, but if you all vote Pox today, you'll see that I'm telling the truth. And if it turn out I'm fibbing, well I'll vote for myself tomorrow, and you're all free to do the same (unless Ace is right about there being 2 wolves, which I don't think he is).

Also, don't trust Bert either. You'll see that he admitted to thinking I was a wolf on he first day. Yet no follow up? Did that not arouse any suspicion at all? Well it's because he's a traitor, and he told me so (bit of a silly move really). You don't need to vote him off, but please keep it in mind.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”