Contribution to Introversion

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:38 am

That's pretty comprehensive as far as anything I know goes.

I agree with the idea of having a sort of history of community contributions instead of just a list.
Maybe it would be nice to nominate people here, and then once the final list is sorted get some words off each of the people about what they did?

Also: None taken ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:58 pm

What about that guy who did those poster things for Defcon? What was that about? Like, I don't have all the details, I would actually read about it.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Goodness me, how many people have IV hired from the community?
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:10 am

martin wrote:Goodness me, how many people have IV hired from the community?

I believe that it is just Icepick and elDiablo that were directly hired by IV. Nutter is a freelancer/independent contractor.

xander
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:55 am

jelco wrote:
xander wrote:I believe that it is just Icepick and elDiablo that were directly hired by IV. Nutter is a freelancer/independent contractor.

And vibroaxe as the official D+ QA guy. ;)

Jelco

Ah! Yes, I forgot about vibs. And it happened so recently, too. :(

xander
martinmir
level2
level2

Update

Postby martinmir » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:53 pm

The contribution credits list will be compiled from what people state here. We will use this list once we have an idea where it will go.

So for now enjoy your recognition amongst the community on the post.

We will let everyone know once we post it up as credits page for your contributions.

Thanks again everyone.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Apparently Endy organised the Project Nakatomi Task Force, for the v1.2/Book 4? uplink stuff. Since that was all organised by IV, it would be nice to hear a bit more about Nakatomi from them.

Plus, he made a patch to the forums to prevent the posting exploit I rather stupidly exposed to the masses, back in the Ikonboard days, so he certainly deserves to be mentioned too, in some way.

edit; plus, I'm sure the defcon section of my listing above is far, far from complete. I really don't know anything about Defcon. Really you need to find some people who know about it in order to give a better idea of what went on there, and who really kept that ball rolling. I mean, who were the pioneers there?

Additionally, I'm not entirely confident that the rest of the things I put forwards are all noteworthy enough to warrent putting then on a magical website, regarding which, tbh we still don't know what sort of form this will really take. Is this really going to still just be almost a credits list? A thinly veiled duplication of the list I gave above? Will Average-Joe Beta tester be heralded in an equal way to (for example) myself, an architect of wishes and dreams, arbiter of the great unicorn/rainbow apocalypse? Being serious though, is this something you're going to go away and do, without talking about what it will be like here? Is the design and idea finalised, was it decided in a meeting that no one else here was privy to?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
coolsi
level5
level5

Re: Revivify!

Postby coolsi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:27 pm

The GoldFish wrote: - Those the mod guys, maybe? I don't even know, it might have been crap.

As the person who led The Mod development, although it wasn't crap, I don't think I deserve a mention along with the others on your list (just speaking on my behalf here).

Not that I really agree with this whole thing anyway
Nakatomi is coming
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Sorry, but I have to post now. This thread has been floating about for some time now, and am I the only person to notice the spelling mistake in the title? It's beginning to bug me...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:55 pm

I don't 'recorgnise' any issues with the title...
Nakatomi is coming
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:51 am

coolsi wrote:
The GoldFish wrote: - Those the mod guys, maybe? I don't even know, it might have been crap.

As the person who led The Mod development, although it wasn't crap, I don't think I deserve a mention along with the others on your list (just speaking on my behalf here).

Not that I really agree with this whole thing anyway

While I don't entirely disagree with you, if, as Martinmir asserts, even average-joe beta tester is to be lauded with praise, a group who randomly hex edited the uplink binary to make a mod, or whatever it is exactly that was done, may be of note.

At this stage, who knows what we're going to end up with, if anything.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:12 pm

The_Goldfish deserves credit for his kickass Fluffwinians, and almost making Chris write Darwinia 2.

Neothermic, for bringing the community together to help one of our friends.

I don't know, but I felt that this should be brought up: Radiant Caligula, for his insanity that made me nearly die of laughter.

Thats all I can think of.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:17 pm

skull13 wrote:The_Goldfish deserves credit for his kickass Fluffwinians, and almost making Chris write Darwinia 2.

Her*
martinmir
level2
level2

>>>

Postby martinmir » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:17 pm

The credits will be set according to the level of contribution.

Beta testers contribute just as much as anyone with anything else.

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by martinmir on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Protip for TGF: Don't 'sarcasm' your posts in a manner that they mean exactly the opposite, poor martin seems slightly confused because of it all now ;)

Return to “Introversion Lounge”