Xocrates TWG - GAME OVER - Employees Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:50 am

jelco wrote:Any ideas?


Sure, we could apply typical second-day-logic and go after Pox, for he was last to vote and wanted to make it a three way tie, thus reducing the chance of his saboteur friend from getting the chop (voting for Mas would be too obvious, no?).

NeoThermic
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:34 pm

How do we even know that world idiot was telling the truth? Could just be a disgruntled ex-employee.

I'll admit that I didn't read all the pages, so if there's a rule in there about announcing roles upon termination, I missed it.

Now, I'll once again vote Jelco [retracted]. Why? Because I am wondering why he so easily believed world idiots claim...
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
MaximusBrood
level4
level4
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 am

Postby MaximusBrood » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 pm

I'll go with Neo and vote for Pox.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5
Posts: 7898
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 11:54 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:55 pm

jelco, more to keep it a two party vote than for any... legitimate reason.
User avatar
vanarbulax
level4
level4
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:51 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby vanarbulax » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:21 pm

I'd have to go with Pox without any further evidence, I thinking world idiot is new enough to announce his type even when he isn't meant to.
RabidZombie
level5
level5
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:49 pm

ynbniar, since I believe my reasoning is stronger than NeoThermic's. But mainly because I don't want Pox's bloo- I mean "pressured resignation" on my hands.
User avatar
Pox
level5
level5
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby Pox » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:06 am

Well, my only defense is 'it was day one' - there was no further reasoning behind my vote than that. For today, I'm going to suggest the departure of ynbniar, as he seems to be the only employee with even a hint of guilt from day one.
User avatar
ynbniar
level5
level5
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Home again...

Postby ynbniar » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:38 am

Fire Pox

My vote helped get rid of a self confessed saboteur (allbeit first day luck)...Pox's vote could have saved that saboteur...who has a whiff of guilt about them :?:
User avatar
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: UK

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:58 pm

RabidZombie, because I have no idea what he's on about, and it seems like the Pox bandwagon is doing fine without me.
User avatar
jelco
level5
level5
Posts: 6018
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:45 am
Location: Cygnus X-1
Contact:

Postby jelco » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Now, I'll once again vote Jelco. Why? Because I am wondering why he so easily believed world idiots claim...

Well, as someone who obviously is new to the concept of TWGs I don't see him pretending to be a saboteur. If anything, it was probably a stupid move on his part (it puts the 'wolves' in a difficult position), but with all the more advantage for us.

Anyway, I don't think Pox really had any plans with that vote. A tie is quite a risk to take when it involves one of your fellows, so it was either an attempt to really get the outcome of the first day reliant on chance (a three-way tie in this kind of situation is like a random pick) or just a really bad mistake. I'm not saying that I'm not at all suspicious, but I for one think RabidZombie is a better candidate, because his reasoning behind the vote for ynbniar isn't that good either, and like MarvinPA said, the bandwagon isn't exactly in need of another participant at the moment.

Jelco
RabidZombie
level5
level5
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:19 pm

jelco wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:Now, I'll once again vote Jelco. Why? Because I am wondering why he so easily believed world idiots claim...

Well, as someone who obviously is new to the concept of TWGs I don't see him pretending to be a saboteur. If anything, it was probably a stupid move on his part (it puts the 'wolves' in a difficult position), but with all the more advantage for us.

Anyway, I don't think Pox really had any plans with that vote. A tie is quite a risk to take when it involves one of your fellows, so it was either an attempt to really get the outcome of the first day reliant on chance (a three-way tie in this kind of situation is like a random pick) or just a really bad mistake. I'm not saying that I'm not at all suspicious, but I for one think RabidZombie is a better candidate, because his reasoning behind the vote for ynbniar isn't that good either, and like MarvinPA said, the bandwagon isn't exactly in need of another participant at the moment.

Jelco


As a wolf, if you vote for another wolf, what does it do? It separates you. It's extremely unlikely he managed to pick a wolf by chance (and he did so without reason). It's possible his voting back fired, but that's ok, he's now been separated by a wolf.

On the other hand, Pox, you may have just come on online once everyone else has voted. IMO, my reasoning is better than NeoThermics and I'm not going to vote for Pox.

As for you, Jelco, you posted very quickly after night ended. You'd make a great candidate for an EA spy. You may even be defending Pox. As might MarvinTheParanoidAndroid. Which would explain why both of you seem so critical of my reasoning, even though I believe my reasoning was perfectly logical.

Others: Does it make sense for me to have started the voting worldidiot if I were EA? Pox's vote was so called "first day logic", but I called worldidiot out on being a wolf and apparently, was correct (there's the possibility of him fibbing, but as Jelco said, he's new).
User avatar
jelco
level5
level5
Posts: 6018
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:45 am
Location: Cygnus X-1
Contact:

Postby jelco » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:39 pm

RabidZombie wrote:As a wolf, if you vote for another wolf, what does it do? It separates you. It's extremely unlikely he managed to pick a wolf by chance (and he did so without reason). It's possible his voting back fired, but that's ok, he's now been separated by a wolf.

On the other hand, Pox, you may have just come on online once everyone else has voted. IMO, my reasoning is better than NeoThermics and I'm not going to vote for Pox.

As for you, Jelco, you posted very quickly after night ended. You'd make a great candidate for an EA spy. You may even be defending Pox. As might MarvinTheParanoidAndroid. Which would explain why both of you seem so critical of my reasoning, even though I believe my reasoning was perfectly logical.

Others: Does it make sense for me to have started the voting worldidiot if I were EA? Pox's vote was so called "first day logic", but I called worldidiot out on being a wolf and apparently, was correct (there's the possibility of him fibbing, but as Jelco said, he's new).

It would have helped if you elaborated on your reasoning like this in your original post. ;) It seemed like you were simply saying "you're wrong and I'm right, because I say so". I'm not going to retract my vote for you just yet though, that would be rushing it.

As for me posting very early after the night ended, I don't have much to say in my defense. I just happened to be online at the time and decided to kill time in a useful way (week-long holiday).

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
RabidZombie
level5
level5
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:00 pm

jelco wrote:It would have helped if you elaborated on your reasoning like this in your original post. ;) It seemed like you were simply saying "you're wrong and I'm right, because I say so". I'm not going to retract my vote for you just yet though, that would be rushing it.

As for me posting very early after the night ended, I don't have much to say in my defense. I just happened to be online at the time and decided to kill time in a useful way (week-long holiday).

Jelco


Sorry. Yeah. I assumed people would link it to my original post.
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Well then I'll retract my vote and go with NeoThermic just because if he's a saboteur, we're all screwed.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Well then I'll retract my vote and go with NeoThermic just because if he's a saboteur, we're all screwed.


What if I'm a non-saboteur special? Then you're all screwed by voting for me. There's no logic banking on a 2/13th chance (assuming that there's 2 saboteurs left).

There are people out there that know my role, and they also know it's not a saboteur. If you believe that or not is up to you, but your funeral if you fire me :P

NeoThermic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest